Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC > For sale

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2017

Default Look at this way

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188080

When I posted this did anyone point out it wasn't a X11?

Rest my case
Old 30-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post

Rest my case
No case to rest tbh as you don't really have one.

In that thread you didn't claim it to be a X11 nor were selling it as one, which is why no-one said anything to the contrary. As you said yourself, you were very happy with it. If you had of asked what it was before or after, I'm sure someone would have told you.

I do apologise however if my post caused you to state I'm one of the ' know it alls ' on Preds on o0ple who's opinion doesn't really matter to you, Thats fine. But then again, if I'm being compared to a collector that who's opinion you respect but who wrongly sold it to you as a X11 as you said earlier, then I'm not that bothered as he/she really doesn't know anything about them.

Interesting thing is, in that thread you linked to you seemed to have brought it with the original shocks on it, not the XRS/X10 shocks you were selling it with. Why did you change them btw ?

If you want help, as Retro RC kindly suggested, here is my advice. With Preds, originality is everything. Put the original blue early shocks & springs back on it, if you still have them. Take the hand-made carbon rockers off and just use the originals that are probably still underneath. Take off the later wings, replace with period ones and add a period body shell - speak to Steve Haskins about them. Find a correct motor plate, which seems to be missing.

Then add some correct wheels, go through the suspension parts and replace anything later with period, and hey presto, it's a extremely tidy Pred that is worth every penny of what you are asking, as good, original carbon fibre tubbed cars are worth more than more common later versions, as you yourself said in the original thread. And you will still make some money selling the later parts separately on EBay.

Last edited by Dyna; 30-04-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 30-04-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:

Rest my case
As you did not claim it to be an x11 why would it be questioned?

Its only since your selling it for something its not, is when other who do know better are pointing it out.

This hobby does not need miss selling items, and if you were told it was then later find its not, does not mean you should pass the leg lifting down the line.
Sorry but thats not on.
Old 30-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
As you did not claim it to be an x11 why would it be questioned?

Its only since your selling it for something its not, is when other who do know better are pointing it out.

This hobby does not need miss selling items, and if you were told it was then later find its not, does not mean you should pass the leg lifting down the line.
Sorry but thats not on.
Not really mis sold item if it's a X11 chassis with a few different parts!

Bit like saying back in the day when these were on the tracks people didn't try different parts for different setups

It is a hobby and no one any were would have been mislead as you can see what it is on the photos but my main point it's based from a X11 carbon tub which i would say is he main point and I don't honk it's over priced for what it is no matter what you want to call it.

Like I said and don't take this he wrong way but while you sat there at your keyboard just don't buy it if it's not for you it's that simple
Old 30-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
No case to rest tbh as you don't really have one.

In that thread you didn't claim it to be a X11 nor were selling it as one, which is why no-one said anything to the contrary. As you said yourself, you were very happy with it. If you had of asked what it was before or after, I'm sure someone would have told you.

I do apologise however if my post caused you to state I'm one of the ' know it alls ' on Preds on o0ple who's opinion doesn't really matter to you, Thats fine. But then again, if I'm being compared to a collector that who's opinion you respect but who wrongly sold it to you as a X11 as you said earlier, then I'm not that bothered as he/she really doesn't know anything about them.

Interesting thing is, in that thread you linked to you seemed to have brought it with the original shocks on it, not the XRS/X10 shocks you were selling it with. Why did you change them btw ?

If you want help, as Retro RC kindly suggested, here is my advice. With Preds, originality is everything. Put the original blue early shocks & springs back on it, if you still have them. Take the hand-made carbon rockers off and just use the originals that are probably still underneath. Take off the later wings, replace with period ones and add a period body shell - speak to Steve Haskins about them. Find a correct motor plate, which seems to be missing.

Then add some correct wheels, go through the suspension parts and replace anything later with period, and hey presto, it's a extremely tidy Pred that is worth every penny of what you are asking, as good, original carbon fibre tubbed cars are worth more than more common later versions, as you yourself said in the original thread. And you will still make some money selling the later parts separately on EBay.
Thank you for your advice

But i am happy if someone wishes to buy it and if not I keep it it's a lovely car but truth is it's wasted sat on my shelf as I am never going to touch it now doing 1/5th
Old 30-04-2017
Awesome Admin

Quote:

Bit like saying back in the day when these were on the tracks people didn't try different parts for different setups

It is a hobby and no one any were would have been mislead as you can see what it is on the photos but my main point it's based from a X11 carbon tub which i would say is he main point and I don't honk it's over priced for what it is no matter what you want to call it.

Like I said and don't take this he wrong way but while you sat there at your keyboard just don't buy it if it's not for you it's that simple
People are trying to help you it's not an X11 chassis because thy didn't make a X11 carbon tub listen to Dyna he knows what he's talking about when it comes to Preds
Old 30-04-2017

[QUOTE=fil9144;972023]Not really mis sold item if it's a X11 chassis with a few different parts!

It is a hobby and no one any were would have been mislead as you can see what it is on the photos but my main point it's based from a X11 carbon tub which i would say is he main point [/QUOTE

Ok, fair enough, what you do with it is up to you and I'm glad your not offended, but It's NOT an X11 chassis - THAT is the point I think we are all trying to get over. It's a early carbon-fibre tub chassis.

You may be confused thinking a 'X11' is a catch-all phrase for a Pred, but it isn't. 'Predator' would be a better catch-all phrase, as the model version normally came after the word Predator. For example 'Predator International ', 'Predator XK98' and 'Predator X11'.

If you say " it's a very tidy Predator buggy based on a early carbon-fibre tub " you would be spot on

Only Predator buggy models with the carbon fibre tubs were the original Predator, the exactly the same XT, the 95 Pro and the 95 one. After 1995, they were all injection moulded.

The X11 also had a different design carbon-composite tub to all others previously. If it was sold to you as a X11, you really were seriously misled

I'd still be interested why you took off the good condition, period-correct shocks you brought it with and put cheaper, common XRS/X10 ones on ?
Old 30-04-2017

[QUOTE=Dyna;972032]
Quote:

It is a hobby and no one any were would have been mislead as you can see what it is on the photos but my main point it's based from a X11 carbon tub which i would say is he main point [/QUOTE

Ok, fair enough, what you do with it is up to you and I'm glad your not offended, but It's NOT an X11 chassis - THAT is the point I think we are all trying to get over. It's a early carbon-fibre tub chassis.

You may be confused thinking a 'X11' is a catch-all phrase for a Pred, but it isn't. 'Predator' would be a better catch-all phrase, as the model version normally came after the word Predator. For example 'Predator International ', 'Predator XK98' and 'Predator X11'.

If you say " it's a very tidy Predator buggy based on a early carbon-fibre tub " you would be spot on

Only Predator buggy models with the carbon fibre tubs were the original Predator, the exactly the same XT, the 95 Pro and the 95 one. After 1995, they were all injection moulded.

The X11 also had a different design carbon-composite tub to all others previously. If it was sold to you as a X11, you really were seriously misled

I'd still be interested why you took off the good condition, period-correct shocks you brought it with and put cheaper, common XRS/X10 ones on ?
like said just how i bought it not my area to be honest i was going to show it northy as i know hes the man with them but to be honest i was happy with it with it being so clean as the last few i have owed were not this clean.

shockers leaked to be honest just wanted a working set which i took some off another car i had a lot better condition.

i was going to run it but just not going get chance but to be honest might just garage it with my other cars not really that fussed
Old 30-04-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

So its not sold as you have made the advert apear?