Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 29-07-2012

I had exactly the same problems with this esc.
Send it back a few days ago but no reply yet.

LRP Flow, Orion R10, Orion VST2, Speed Passion, Speed Power, B-Fast, Much More CTX, LRP X 20,
Old 29-07-2012

Ok, Let me know what they say. Will be good to get to the bottom of it!

Do you use a savox?

Trader Feedback

Cougar SV2
Supastox
Mardave
Team Associated

Speed Passion, Speed Power, Core RC
Old 29-07-2012

I've switched the savox for a futaba, changed motor, receiver, transponder. Everything!

I'm very curious how they going to solve this.

LRP Flow, Orion R10, Orion VST2, Speed Passion, Speed Power, B-Fast, Much More CTX, LRP X 20,
Old 30-07-2012

I am having issues with my revention S and a Savox servo. I never had issues using savox servos with other speed passion and Novak esc's I am going to run a load test on the revention esc to see if the 2A rating is for real. At this point I want to go back to a GT2.0 pro (smoked)...
Old 31-07-2012

Quick update. Turned off thermal cut off..... Ran last night for a good solid 30-35 mins and nothing! didnt glitch, cut out or anything!

so maybe the thermal cut out is set wrong? Hopefully an update will fix it.

Trader Feedback

Cougar SV2
Supastox
Mardave
Team Associated

Speed Passion, Speed Power, Core RC
Old 10-09-2012

Just a suggestion...

TURN OFF THERMAL cutoff....thermal cutoff is a feature to protect ESC overheating, not preventing the MOTOR overheating. I have heard that alot of ppl saying this function is protecting the MOTOR from overheating, and that is NOT TRUE. I never use this function.

2nd..turn off LIPO CUTOFF.........I never use that function. If my lipo is charged, and it is good quality lipo, it never need that cutoff, if I am only using it for 5 minutes practice and 5-6 minutes of racing...I never have this function turned on.

These function are they because it is a liability issue....it need to be there. But if you are going for a real racing, turn them off...and race that 6 minutes and should NOT have any shut down or slow down issue...

Running the car for 30 minutes is pointless....tires are overheated, lipos is over used, motor is hot...car is horrible to drive after 7 minutes and driver should be tired standing for more then 7 minutes.

My 2 cents...
Old 10-09-2012

I don't know about Speed Passion but LRP SXX ESCs do monitor motor temperatures and cuts out if it gets too hot.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

how are people getting on with there reventon r esc's now then ??

Ive used mine for the first time in my cat sx3 with novac ss 5.5t , ace ds 1015 servo , and to be tottaly honest im not pleased with it

I tried loading the 119mod software using my 2in1 lcd program box , and that wont work , soo then installed the stock01 software on it ..

had it on the same gearing /track , and the esc is getting really hot , also was playing about with the esc settings , to try and cool it down to no avail !!

and the other thing im dissapointed with, when going thro the esc setting using the led program card , some of the values are not revelant to the things your trying to change !! and as said above , would had been nice to be able to use the lcd box ( as you know what settings your changing ) and to upload to older software ...

soo very dissapoined and will have to splash out for another esc ... rant over !!
Old 11-11-2012

I had this when i had a Reventon R, thermal cut-off came in really when it was barely warm.

However this ESC completely fried within three rounds of racing, running a 6.5 in a 22 with the Losi recommended gearing. PoS in my opinion, avoid. Replaced it with an LRP SXX TC spec V2 and havent had a problem in the months i've been running that.
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
I had this when i had a Reventon R, thermal cut-off came in really when it was barely warm.

However this ESC completely fried within three rounds of racing, running a 6.5 in a 22 with the Losi recommended gearing. PoS in my opinion, avoid. Replaced it with an LRP SXX TC spec V2 and havent had a problem in the months i've been running that.
cheers mate , im glad im not the only one !!

ive had an lpf for about 2 yrs , been used pretty much every weekend and still ok ( case is battered thou ) got an hw extreeme stock still ok ..

but i thought this would be good , very dissapointed !!
Old 11-11-2012

Shiny... 24th May:

Erm... not shiny, 16th June:
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun m View Post

Ive used mine for the first time in my cat sx3 with novac ss 5.5t , ace ds 1015 servo , and to be tottaly honest im not pleased with it

I tried loading the 119mod software using my 2in1 lcd program box , and that wont work , soo then installed the stock01 software on it ..

had it on the same gearing /track , and the esc is getting really hot , also was playing about with the esc settings , to try and cool it down to no avail !!

and the other thing im dissapointed with, when going thro the esc setting using the led program card , some of the values are not revelant to the things your trying to change !! and as said above , would had been nice to be able to use the lcd box ( as you know what settings your changing ) and to upload to older software ...

soo very dissapoined and will have to splash out for another esc ... rant over !!
I've been reading the Speed Passion threads on the RCTech Forum !
There's a lot a chat about the S and R ESC's and the low BEC output.
It seems to be causing a few problems with high output servos like Savox.

Also I seem to remember reading about the LED card's values being mixed up, think it was values 4 and 5 were around the wrong way. The advice seems to be get the Reventon LCD Card as you can see what you are changing as it tell you on screen, the LED just shows the number !

Also seem to remember reading that 99% of drivers are turning off both the Lipo and Thermal cutoffs Off !!
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 11-11-2012

Quote:

Just put one in my son's X2C with a LRP 7.5T motor. He ran it last Saturday at Silverstone and loved it. He said it was very smooth and mental on the straight compared to his old Novak GTB. Motor and ESC were cool. This was using MOD1 software, zero timing and DDRS on 5. LED box worked fine for us although I agree the LCD box would be better. Maybe 5.5T motor is too close to the ESC's limit.
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
I've been reading the Speed Passion threads on the RCTech Forum !
There's a lot a chat about the S and R ESC's and the low BEC output.
It seems to be causing a few problems with high output servos like Savox.

Also I seem to remember reading about the LED card's values being mixed up, think it was values 4 and 5 were around the wrong way. The advice seems to be get the Reventon LCD Card as you can see what you are changing as it tell you on screen, the LED just shows the number !

Also seem to remember reading that 99% of drivers are turning off both the Lipo and Thermal cutoffs Off !!
cheers for your help mate , one of the settings that was wrong was the thermal cut off , ( its meant to have 2 choices , and it went up to 9 !! ) , i had it on ( what i thought it was ) 95c and the lipo cut off was on 3.2v

is it only meant to be on the s and r's then ? ..

the only thing i remember , was my servo going really slow , when the esc got warm !! , now its cooled down its all working ok , just wish i could put the 119mod software on it , as that was what i was running on my old esc
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:

I tried loading the 119mod software using my 2in1 lcd program box , and that wont work , soo then installed the stock01 software on it .
Ok chap,
Think I may have read this right !
The Reventon R is a 70A ESC and rated down to 5.5 motor
But also read this !

Reventon R Stock 1 V18 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 7.5R to 10.5R Motorturn )

So if i'm reading this right, with the new V18-19 Firmware the motor limit is up't to a 7.5 Motor.

Think you cooked the esc chap !

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 11-11-2012
YORCC legend

Interesting - I've just installed one in my X4 TE, with a SP Ultra Sportsman V3 10.5T motor.

Even when holding the car in one hand, repeatedly blipping the throttle was enough to make the motor stop dead after a few seconds.

Out on the track, it lasted only a few seconds (less than half a lap) before cutting out. Turning off/on was enough to bring it back to life.

I tried changing the sensor lead with no luck, Then a friend lent me an old SP 10.5 of his own which I dropped in. No problems at all!

I've yet to contact the shop where I bought it but that's on cards first thing in the morning. I think I had a duff motor. I'll let you know what happens next.
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Ok chap,
Think I may have read this right !
The Reventon R is a 70A ESC and rated down to 5.5 motor
But also read this !

Reventon R Stock 1 V18 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 7.5R to 10.5R Motorturn )

So if i'm reading this right, with the new V18-19 Firmware the motor limit is up't to a 7.5 Motor.

Think you cooked the esc chap !
no , dont think soo , i have a pdf on my computer , but cant upload it on here , but it says for stock01 , its targeted at 4.5 to 10.5t
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
no , dont think soo , i have a pdf on my computer , but cant upload it on here , but it says for stock01 , its targeted at 4.5 to 10.5t
Thats for the Reventon Pro ESC

Reventon Pro Stock 1 V18 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 4.5R to 10.5R Motorturn )

PDF for STO1 Reventon ESC - http://www.speedpassion.net/reventon...STOCK1_v19.pdf

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 11-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Thats for the Reventon Pro ESC

Reventon Pro Stock 1 V18 firmware:
STO1 - for Hybrid Boost Technology ( for 4.5R to 10.5R Motorturn )

PDF for STO1 Reventon ESC - http://www.speedpassion.net/reventon...STOCK1_v19.pdf
yeah thats different to the one i have on my computer , but im trying to upload it
the one that i have definately says , its targeted at 4.5t-10.5t , using a "r" esc and its a worded document and not a set up sheet .....
Old 11-11-2012

Had a chap racing new reventon r at are track today have similar problems with his speed
like outlined in previous posts. Car was cuttin or lossing boost at random times and acelerating randomly. switching on and off fixed it for short periods of time but in the end it was a waste of time as.the issue would happen a min or two later again. This was in a touring car running a lrp 10.5 motor using stock 01. Think its a savox low profile serv0. The termal was off and the lipo cut off was turned off so I dont know if thats the fix for the issue. Shame because the car when it worked look very good but in the end his day was ruined with this issue cropping up.