Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
No mate, from what I've heard these problems were exclusive to the R.
My pro is currently running whatever software came with it, and once I'd actually read the instructions and reversed throttle on my futaba TX, has performed brilliantly since.
It should be noted that (on mine) the stock setting for brakes was 30% which meant no brakes... When set at 100% it will lock up all wheels on any given surface.
Cheers fella your a star

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 14-02-2013

Did a test today. Verry good feeling. Soft and a good register. The punch is there when you need it. Verry satisfied so far.
Old 14-02-2013
Mad Member

I've had no issues with mine so far. Fingers crossed......
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 20-02-2013

I have a SP Rventon R in an Xray t3.

I read through the instructions very carefully and discovered the "note 3" by the 5.5t

I've used it a lot since purchase in Jan with a 13.5t motor and it was fine but recently put a 5.5t motor in and it won't allow full throttle - it does a kind of emergency stop

With the car on a stand it does the same thing.. Fine until about 3/4 throttle then cuts then goes again. The orange light flashes too - suggesting esc temp.

This is with all protection turnd off.

Esc temps seem fine.. tested with 3 batteries.. no timing on ecu or motor... 13.5t runs fine - can only guess it's not able to push the steady current required by the 5.5t motor..

I've tried all the different options through reventon software and think i have everything up to date..

I read through the instructions very carefully and discovered the "note 3" by the 5.5t rating. it says something about how they only test the motor limit under the following gconditions:

a) The input is a 6 cell Ni-xx battery; b) The ESC is equipped with a fan.

Any ideas??

hobbywing 120a v2 for £100 or reventon pro 140a for the same...??
Old 17-03-2013

Hey folks I am ready to blow my brains out..... I have a revention Pro running it previously on a 6.5 and now a 5.5 V3 the speedo was fine for about four weeks however now I am getting 3/4 of a heat and the speedo seems to be going into lamp mode (flat LiPo) I hav.e used other racers batteries to rule it out and it still happens, the setup is fitted to my dex410, my servo is a high speed alturn and the speedo is running the modify2 software.

It's been a very frustrating night as on a number of occasions I have been running quick in my heat

I don't believe I am running the thermal cut off but need to check.

When the car goes into limp mode if the marshal turns the speedo off and on again, its fine.... The motor and esc do not even feel hot.

For what I paid I am somewhat disappointed ! I tried to go on the sp site for help but it re directs me to schumacher

I am sick as a chip, can anyone help ?

Cheers

Richie
Old 17-03-2013

Did it do it again in the final after you down geared Richie?
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 17-03-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by git-r View Post
I have a SP Rventon R in an Xray t3.

I read through the instructions very carefully and discovered the "note 3" by the 5.5t

I've used it a lot since purchase in Jan with a 13.5t motor and it was fine but recently put a 5.5t motor in and it won't allow full throttle - it does a kind of emergency stop

With the car on a stand it does the same thing.. Fine until about 3/4 throttle then cuts then goes again. The orange light flashes too - suggesting esc temp.

This is with all protection turnd off.

Esc temps seem fine.. tested with 3 batteries.. no timing on ecu or motor... 13.5t runs fine - can only guess it's not able to push the steady current required by the 5.5t motor..

I've tried all the different options through reventon software and think i have everything up to date..

I read through the instructions very carefully and discovered the "note 3" by the 5.5t rating. it says something about how they only test the motor limit under the following gconditions:

a) The input is a 6 cell Ni-xx battery; b) The ESC is equipped with a fan.

Any ideas??

hobbywing 120a v2 for £100 or reventon pro 140a for the same...??
Hi, I'm sure if you check on the website there was something about them changing the rating from 5.5 to 7.5. I reckon their first rating wasnt satisfactory.

I run mine In a 2wd buggy with 7.5 motor and have had no issues. Remember, it's only a 70amp speedo. If you want to run low wind motors you'll probably need to go to the pro version.

I would check the website first tho.

Dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifta View Post
Did it do it again in the final after you down geared Richie?

no I cannot get the 19t pinion to fit with the 87 spur (cannot get access to the motor bolts)

anyone able to help ?
Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post
Hey folks I am ready to blow my brains out..... I have a revention Pro running it previously on a 6.5 and now a 5.5 V3 the speedo was fine for about four weeks however now I am getting 3/4 of a heat and the speedo seems to be going into lamp mode (flat LiPo) I hav.e used other racers batteries to rule it out and it still happens, the setup is fitted to my dex410, my servo is a high speed alturn and the speedo is running the modify2 software.

It's been a very frustrating night as on a number of occasions I have been running quick in my heat

When the car goes into limp mode if the marshal turns the speedo off and on again, its fine.... The motor and esc do not even feel hot.

For what I paid I am somewhat disappointed ! I tried to go on the sp site for help but it re directs me to schumacher

Cheers

Richie
We had this same problem with a Pro and a LRP X20 7.5 however our motor was getting very hot. Reduced timing from 22.5 to 11.25 and all was OK again. Didn't have this problem with a X12 7.5 with the same settings! I have read that this speedo and LRP motors don't play well together. Some are cutting the 2nd wire (don't know which one) to solve the shut down problem. Hope that helps
Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmerlin View Post
We had this same problem with a Pro and a LRP X20 7.5 however our motor was getting very hot. Reduced timing from 22.5 to 11.25 and all was OK again. Didn't have this problem with a X12 7.5 with the same settings! I have read that this speedo and LRP motors don't play well together. Some are cutting the 2nd wire (don't know which one) to solve the shut down problem. Hope that helps

i think its 2nd from the left as you look at the motor should say few pages back also you can pull the terminal out of the plug dont cut it

also have you turned off your lipo cut off ? as it might be when its drawing large current the esc is askng to much of ur lipos ? this has happened to me alot on different esc
Old 18-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcboy1983 View Post
i think its 2nd from the left as you look at the motor should say few pages back also you can pull the terminal out of the plug dont cut it

also have you turned off your lipo cut off ? as it might be when its drawing large current the esc is askng to much of ur lipos ? this has happened to me alot on different esc
Yes you are right: - http://www.speedpassion.net/files/So...eventonPro.pdf
Old 12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieZXR View Post

Cheers

Richie

I have had these same issues with a Reventon pro, the car goes into limp mode after 4 mins due to overheat, tried changing the motor from a SP5.5 v3 to a 6.5 with no effect. Took a temp reading from motor and speedo as the car came off the track which were both under 65deg so no issue there. The capacitor on the speedo was around 100deg, changed this for the capacitor bank from a GT2.0 pro and the issue has disappeared (so far). The car now runs for full 5 mins and the capacitor unit was at 45deg. The only thing I cannot understand is how the speedo could sense this overheat on the cap?
I am running v20 firmware but may reinstall the v19 to see what happens