Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > WORM - Weston-Super-Mare

Old 30-12-2012

Default mendip today 30 dec 2012

hi
just got home from mendip, it was a great day a bit wet but good fun driving my Durango 210.

A nice new circuit layout, I think that lifting up the AstroTurf where it floods and raising the level will help to stop that.

I shall be joining mendip and you club next season as it does not seem fair to be able to use your circuit for practice free of charge.

Regards

neale
Old 30-12-2012

Hi I think you have to have membership before start use it or you could get any one using it !!!
Old 30-12-2012

hi
I have been a member of the Mendip club for the last ten years, just to stop anyone from thinking I was freeloading.

neale
Old 31-12-2012

Carb,

Glad you like the track but you do need to be a member of the club, either a full member of Mendip or of the WORM off road club before you can practice at the track. If you are not a member you can race at our winter series but the track is closed to non member for practice.

If you contact Blue Pinky through here he will be only to glad to arrange a membership.

Paul
Old 31-12-2012
Mad Member

Hi Neale,

If your joining MMMRC again in 2013 then you get access to the offroad track included in that anyway, so no need to join us as well Or, if your just planning to do offroad this year, then you can join WORM instead (it's a bit cheaper than full MMMRC membership) and just get access to the offroad track on it's own.

We know we can't 100% police non members using the track, and fully expect to get the odd non member using it. Our hope is that they convert to members once they've tried it and want to use it regularly, so lets not put off potential newbies/members and be positive and friendly about it

Our security is WORM members get a membership card and gate key that can be checked for by anyone on site (Colin the landlord and his massive dog that wander around regularly for example as he works on site!). Anyone found not holding one will be asked to leave as they are trespassing. Since MMMRC members should also have a gate key, they also have a 'pass'.

Really glad to hear you've made use of and enjoyed the track, those positive comments make all the hard work feel worthwhile. Drainage is always a 'feature' of race tracks isn't it, we have plans already to fix the worst spots (soakaway under the bombhole and 1 other spot for example), but the the rain lately has been relentless, and everything is saturated, so we have far more puddles than normal. Suffice to say, the track is really in it's infancy and we will be constantly working on it to improve it and make the best of it we can.

We were supposed to be racing there yesterday, but called it off and raced indoors at Yatton instead due to the amount of standing water and general wetness! So nice surprise to hear someone made good use in our absense.

Next race is on Sunday 13th Jan...come along and join the fun
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs