Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 05-10-2017

Default Schumacher cactus tyres

I see these tyres are for eos carpet just woundering if anybody has been running theses at there local track on carpet and what the grip is like is there a lot of grip or is there a lot of setting up to get the grip there any opinions would be great
Old 05-10-2017

last sunday was our first indoor meeting on carpet, mixture of minipins and cactus
I tried both in practise, car was fast on both, on my current setup the back end felt slightly looser on cactus that minipin but maybe I was looking for a diference and it was early in the day, cold unrun carpet??

biggest difference, I went thru 2.5 pairs minipins, while mates ran cactus all day, one has put 18 runs on the rear of his 2wd tyres and no noticable drop off in grip

I had them on the back of my 4wd, did 2 practise sessions, 4 heats and a final, theres some slighl sign of the pins wearing, but nothing worth worrying about

I think they on thats day and track were same pace as minipins when looking at the drivers on them, not tried them on any boarded portions of track, no doubt the other meeting in the SW will have plenty of that.

but Im very happy, will run just them indoors now, huge saving in cost
RC10B74 Maclan powered

#rcoctane
#teamrcoctane
Old 05-10-2017

I did 3 full race meetings on a set of Cactus tyres. 1 On Prima Carpet and 2 on EoS Carpet.

Didn’t notice a massive difference between pins and Cactus and after 3 meetings didn’t notice a drop off. I have however nearly run out of tread so I guess there is not much left in them