Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 08-11-2007
Mad Member

Default Finally the Mid East has a forum!!

Anybody on here who lives in this area? I think next year there maybe a few other clubs holding regionals other than Holbeach and Eastrax. I know broxtowe have applied for one and West Bridgeford are starting to increase there numbers of people doing off road. Any others? Hopefully try and build the region back up to its strength of the olden days with 120 drivers at every regional!
Old 08-11-2007
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Good to have a forum, did the indoor regional at holbeach last year and the first outdoor one, neat to have somewhere to chat about it. If we can get some volounteers together for track work might even be a possibility of a regional at Blyth
Old 08-11-2007

Hope you guys are liking the new Mid East Forum!! Its nice to see the region heading in right direction. The funny thing is the first 3 of us on here have not long returned to racing after a good number of years off the scene! So please let others in our region know about it lads!

I went to Broxtowes AGM last night and its looking as though we are to be getting 2 regionals for each class. So 4 in all.

Last year Mid East were getting 15-30 at each event. Broxtowe have been getting over 20 drivers all new to Off Road at club meetings so its looking promising that the region should get around the 50 mark next year!

Does anybody know if Bridgeford have applied? And Blyth sounds interesting!
Old 08-11-2007
Mad Member

get in there moderator sharpy!
Old 08-11-2007

You just watch it Daniel lad! If you step out of line you'll be out on your ear! Crying all the way down the M42 to the Mid West!
Old 08-11-2007
Mad Member

bring it!

Dates for Mid East indoor regionals are 2/12- 6/1- 3/2- 2/3 all at holbeach. Check out Holbeach website for more details. These will count as qualification to the indoor finals.
Old 08-11-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Good that Bridgeford and Broxtowe are looking at holding regionals again for next eyar, i had heard roumers. I think they were asked last year and weren't really able to then, so good that they are now. Is bridgeford still using the old track, quite liked that there - my Fireblade was cool on that grass track.
Old 09-11-2007
Mad Member

not sure if Bridgeford will be holding a regional, just know that they are getting a few more off roaders racing indoors. They dont really have a proper off road track anymore. They dont use West Park like they used to.
Old 09-11-2007

Broxtowe's a definate though. It's not a bad little track.

My fireblade was woeful on Bridgeford. Thinking about it think it was the fireblade that drove me to pack up all them years ago. lol.
Old 09-11-2007

hello everyone!
Old 09-11-2007

Hi All.
Good to see this chat starting. We at Holbeach will definately be looking for more tracks to hold Off-Road regionals in 2008. There is a good core of racers here prepared to get up in the mornings to travel to other clubs to experience the racing there. Get in touch with Jim Balls (address and contact details in the BRCA handbook)the Regional rep to arrange your regional dates. This should happen quickly after the National dates are confirmed in January. Cant wait, 2008 should be a great year in Mid East.
Best Regards.
Charlie F
Old 09-11-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

Im hopefully moving to nottingham next year to go to Uni so whats the low down on clubs in that area, not interested in touring cars really just off-road or buggies indoors. Currently racing a 19t, losi xxx-4 on polished wood.

I'll be looking to do the regionals too although depending on dates that might not be until 09 but I'll be looking for regular club racing.

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 09-11-2007

No doubt about it, its good to get this chat going within the Mid East region. I will speak to Andy at Broxtowe who is heading the Off Road side of things and let him know to speak to Jim. I emailed Bridgeford today to see if they are looking at hosting a round, no reply yet, but not sure what there state of play is with a outdoor venue.

No doubt most the lads at Broxtowe will be willing to travel over to Holbeach. 2008 should be a good year for the region.
Old 10-11-2007

Glad your looking at coming to Nottingham Uni,

There's some good racing here in Notts with Broxtowe just getting back into off road racing on a decent grass track. Bridgeford and Worksop both laying on indoor off road (Worksop being one of the best around)

Its a good location being central and close to the M1, your with in a 1hr or so's drive from several good tracks. Holbeach in Lincoln who are part of our region. Many of tracks Yorkshire way and down in Birmingahm. Coventry who won club of the year being about 40min away.

The night life in Notts isn't to bad either!
Old 10-11-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

I've never really raced off-road but I've raced about 10 years on mostly polished wood surfaces in a mix of touring cars and buggys. I've been wanting to run proper off-road stuff for a couple of years but the problem in Northern Ireland is there is about 3 other people in the entire country seem actually interested in 1/10th off-road!

My entire club races 1/10th buggys but have no interest in racing them off-road, not really sure why. The most off-road i've done is driving my losi around a 1/8th track and having to avoid some truggys. I'll be looking to do regionals then later nationals as well as regular club stuff. Hopefully i'll get into the course

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 12-11-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSharpy View Post
No doubt about it, its good to get this chat going within the Mid East region. I will speak to Andy at Broxtowe who is heading the Off Road side of things and let him know to speak to Jim. I emailed Bridgeford today to see if they are looking at hosting a round, no reply yet, but not sure what there state of play is with a outdoor venue.

No doubt most the lads at Broxtowe will be willing to travel over to Holbeach. 2008 should be a good year for the region.
So how come we aren't seeing you Broxtowe boys at wbmcc on a friday night anymore then. We were talking to Charlie Fraser about hosting a regional this year during the summer last year.

Anyways we have sort of got a new venue that we use on friday nights during the summer. Bonus this year as the huge picnic tables that were on it are now gone leaving use an almost 45 meter straight and a semi multi surface track There will be a committee change at the end of this month but I am hoping we can keep this off-road resurgance going at the club and we are looking at making a permanent off-road venue in thwe not so distance future. Suffice to say all going well we should be holding one this year. Look forward to the continueing renaissance of off-raod racing in the east midlands.
Old 12-11-2007
Mad Member

Hi Rob

I would come to West Brigdford more but Friday nights are a bit difficult!

Im sure I read somewhere, think in the news letter or somthing, that you maybe opening the track on the saturday before the schumacher events so you didnt have to re do the track after the friday night but didnt know what to use it for? Why not run an off road day on the Saturday?
Old 12-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiejuk View Post
So how come we aren't seeing you Broxtowe boys at wbmcc on a friday night anymore then. We were talking to Charlie Fraser about hosting a regional this year during the summer last year.

Anyways we have sort of got a new venue that we use on friday nights during the summer. Bonus this year as the huge picnic tables that were on it are now gone leaving use an almost 45 meter straight and a semi multi surface track There will be a committee change at the end of this month but I am hoping we can keep this off-road resurgance going at the club and we are looking at making a permanent off-road venue in thwe not so distance future. Suffice to say all going well we should be holding one this year. Look forward to the continueing renaissance of off-raod racing in the east midlands.
Excellent news that you guy's have a out door venue and are to be hosting a Regional.

Next year looks to be a good one with 3 mid east clubs involved, will be nice to have dlfferent tracks to go to and if each club travels and supports the series we should be looking at a good level of attendance. Also theres no doubt about it the 3 clubs in question know how to run a good meeting.

I know my bro as been going to Bridgeford on fridays and likes the racing there, will try and get over one friday soon and give the track a go.

Any dates or info you have of Bridgeford meets and the progress on the out door track please keep us posted.
Old 13-11-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbizzle5 View Post
Hi Rob

I would come to West Bridgford more but Friday nights are a bit difficult!

Im sure I read somewhere, think in the news letter or somthing, that you maybe opening the track on the saturday before the schumacher events so you didnt have to re do the track after the friday night but didnt know what to use it for? Why not run an off road day on the Saturday?
We could do. I thought you lot raced on a saturday night though? If we know we can get people to come down to it then it would be worthwhile as we have to book the hall all day.

Would be nice to be able to leave the track down though.

We had 8 drivers i think on friday which was nice so it must be proving popular
Old 13-11-2007
Mad Member

Broxtowe do race Saturday nights but only touring car which I dont do anymore. A saturday day time meeting would be ideal for me!
I bet you could get enough for a meeting in a saturday day time.