Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 11-01-2013
Administrator

Default Euro Off-Road Series - RD 2 - NAOTO and JORN win

The second round of the EOS series was held in Germany last weekend - with a record number of entries this was going to be a long weekend! Surprise visitor from Japan, multiple world title holder Naoto Matsukura came to battle it out with the new mid-motor Yokomo 2WD buggy.

Some seriously quick racing on the great track the crew had laid out saw Naoto take the TQ and victory in 2WD - sitting out the third leg.
4WD buggy was another matter but it was still Joern Neumann and Naoto that were the fastest in the finals - with Joern on pole and Naoto right behind. Joern took leg one, Naoto took the second and it was all down to the last leg to see who'd take the overall victory. It was a bad start for both drivers - Naoto pushed too early and clipped Joern - sending him over and both drivers lost several positions as Naoto waited for Joern to come back past. Both drivers were on blistering pace and after a fairly scrappy final Joern chased down leader Martin Bayer with the new Xray - taking the lead and victory as Naoto made more mistakes in his bid to shave off 5-seconds per lap.

An awesome event and you can read all about it here on oOple.com or our friends at REDRC.net

Video and photo gallery from the event coming soon!

Old 11-01-2013
Mad Member

Awesome report! It was an amazing event, very nice atmosphere and many exciting races - I won't be able to attend in Austria, but if the opportunity arises I'll definetely be back for the last round in Dortmund!

I've made loads of pictures at the event - Over the upcoming days I'll be posting some in this album:
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...%2006-06-2013/

If you're looking for pictures of something specific (that's not on in the album), don't hesitate to send me a PM!
Old 11-01-2013

Cool

Hey Jimmy. Awesome picture you made out of me and Naoto.
Hope to see you soon again in Dortmund

Keep on racing
Old 11-01-2013
BANNED

I've got you some Cheetos boss.

(sorry Vick )
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 11-01-2013

Good to a Silverstone T shirt on show in the pictures