Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2011

Exclamation UK-MicroRC.Com

Cosie - you have my email addresses, you can pm me on Oople, why don't you try doing that, rather than continue to attack me on a forum where I can't respond.
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sarah, to address your concern about not being able to respond, then why not respond on here?
I will be happy to add a link to this topic on uk-microrc.co.uk so that people can read your perspective on the domain registration.
Old 24-08-2011

You know, the first thing I heard about all this blowing up was when someone pm'ed me on here saying I'd pist off Cosie. I had no idea what he was talking about, but checked his forum to see if he'd posted anything there, and sure enough, a rant aimed in my direction, rather than contacting me directly, and the usual suspects joining in in slagging me off.

I don't want to say too much right now, and am just seeing how things play out at the mo'.
Old 24-08-2011

Default smd models

This is a public forum, and you can respond here just fine.
Can you explain why you have registered domain names that are very similar to the UK-microrc.co.uk domain name please?
Old 24-08-2011

Default maybe

You probably cant without looking a bit sad and pathetic.
Old 24-08-2011

No I can't, because it was 18 months or so ago, and I honestly can't remember.
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

David, let's stay civil please!

Sarah, if you can't remember and have no use for it, then would you have any objections to transferring it to c0sie (if he still wants it) provided you were reimbursed the cost of the standard registration fee?

That way everyone will be happy
Old 24-08-2011

Earlier in the day, I was considering that as an option, but just look at what's been posted about me, that's pist me right off.
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Then show everyone that you're bigger than that and rise above it.
What can they say then other than you were reasonable?
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im interested to hear why on earth you registered the domain name uk-microrc.com back in April 2010?

You have been a member of the UK-MicroRC forum since August 2006, only 18 months after the forum was created, and you are fully aware that the domain name for that forum is uk-microrc.co.uk. You are also well aware that UKMicroRC is often used to describe and discuss my forum.

I wasnt actually aware that you were the registrant of the .com domain name until today, I have been waiting for years for that domain to become free and its been registered to you since April 2010. In that time you have done nothing productive with the domain at all other that load up a really bad looking and unfinished website on to it before removing it recently, so obviously you have no genuine need for the domain?

Im very interested to hear your rationale behind buying the domain name. You must have known at the time of purchase that the domain name itself was exactly the same as the domain name I use on the "micro forum"? I personally believe that you deliberately bought the domain name purely to stop me from buying that name and registering it to myself, another feather in your cap on your campaign towards me?

I look forwards to your reply. Remember, you have my email address and you can PM me if you wish.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If any of you oOple-ites actually care, the thread in question is here:
http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...howtopic=16884

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 24-08-2011

I suggest you re-read post number 5.

Also, it has been suggested to me by a few people that I give over ownership of the domain name to you, something I had been considering.

Fwiw, I didn't remove anything from the website, I was just letting it go and I had let the hosting run out on it.

Why don't you try being a bit nicer to people, and then you might have people treating you a bit nicer.
Old 24-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Will you to either sort out your differences, or stop trying to score points and pretending each other is the victim and it is all the other's fault?? Your bitching isn't even funny to read any more!!

Chris, if you want it, make him an offer, Sarah, if it is reasonable, take it, then you can both be seen as sensible!! Otherwise you both look petty. Who gives a toss WHY she registered it....
Old 24-08-2011

Default Domain Name.

Well, as a total stranger to this, I've read all the posts on this.
It seems that there is an underlining reason she did that. But this interests me, by Davidmog99 >> I know you probably havent done anything really bad to her <<. So it appears you both have history against each other? In any event, this kind of situation happens every day. One person wants something but another beats them to it to make sure they dont get it, and or, to have it for their own use. In this case I agree that it was an underhanded act. However, slanging each other off on either forum, or in public, will not solve the situation.
If Sarah really does not need the domain name, why dont you BOTH print an apology to each other, with a retraction of any warranted or un-warranted accusations. Plus as someone has already posted, buy it from Sarah, for the actual cost, plus an additional cost for her to purchase another.
This is just my own personal opinion.
Its easier to work it out!!
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Steve, with all due respect, its got sod all to do with you.
Sarah's posted here, im replying. If you have a problem with that then I suggest you stop reading this thread or report this thread to Jimmy to close or leave be. With all due respect intended.

Sarah, that domain has 8 months remaining and at a cost of £20+vat for the 2 year registration period id be happy to offer you the £8.60+vat that is remaining on that registration.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 24-08-2011

Default DMC

Just seen DMC's post.....BANG ON!!!!!
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5 racer View Post
Well, as a total stranger to this, I've read all the posts on this.
It seems that there is an underlining reason she did that. But this interests me, by Davidmog99 >> I know you probably havent done anything really bad to her <<. So it appears you both have history against each other? In any event, this kind of situation happens every day. One person wants something but another beats them to it to make sure they dont get it, and or, to have it for their own use. In this case I agree that it was an underhanded act. However, slanging each other off on either forum, or in public, will not solve the situation.
If Sarah really does not need the domain name, why dont you BOTH print an apology to each other, with a retraction of any warranted or un-warranted accusations. Plus as someone has already posted, buy it from Sarah, for the actual cost, plus an additional cost for her to purchase another.
This is just my own personal opinion.
Its easier to work it out!!
Welcome to the forum, it gets crazy in here at times

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 24-08-2011

So I see.
Old 24-08-2011

I think at the time, I bought the domain name to have an online shop just doing micro stuff. The hosting package I got wasn't the best and then I just didn't do anything with it, and haven't for over a year.

Pissing Cosie off wasn't the idea, even if that really didn't bother me at the time whether he was or not. If you want the domain Cosie, why don't you start with an apology, and also by removing my address details from your forum.
Old 24-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

At least no matter what happens, you'll never tell a soul that oOple is a boring place

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Closed Thread