Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 11-01-2012

Default SX2 Diff setup

Hi

I'm having a few problems with my rear diff on my SX2. The problem is that it keeps spinning loose. Does it matter which way around it goes in the gear box, does this put any extra load on the locking / adjustment screw? Maybe I just need some better locktite!! If anyones got some tips on setting Cat diffs up please drop me a line.

Thanks

Alex

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 11-01-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Sorry to hear of the problems mate, but there are alot of good threads already about Cat diffs on here - have a search and Im sure youll find the answer.

For me, Ive never used loctite on any of my Cat diffs, and they have never worked loose.
I dont think it makes a difference what way round the diff goes in the car. If its tight, its tight.

One thing to remember is that it is normal for a newly built (or refurbished) diff to work loose on the first run or two, so I always just re-tighten it up on that first race day after rebuilding. Then it should last months!

EDIT: oh, and make sure that you really lock down that grub screw. You know youve done it tight enough when you cant turn either of your hex drivers anymore no matter how hard you try!
Old 11-01-2012

Thanks I'll have a hunt through and see what I can find

Nostalgia
Schumacher Boss Cat ...... Schumacher Pro Cat ...... Schumacher Cat XLS ....... Schumacher Cat XL ...... Schumacher SWB Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat ...... Schumacher Top Cat 89 Worlds Replica ...... Yokomo Super Dogfighter YZ870c ...... Kyosho Optima Mid LWB ...... Kyosho Optima Mid SWB ...... PB Maxima ...... PB Mini Mustang ...... Marui Ninja ...... Marui Samurai ...... Mardave Cobra ...... Mardave Meteor ...... Mardave Meteor LWB
Old 11-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

same here, never used locktite on my diffs. As mentioned above, make sure the locking grub screw is VERY tight, will be worth buying a good quality hex driver (1.5 mm) to do the job properly.

Only problem I've ever had with a diff is the screw snapping whilst on track, so when rebuilding it would be worth putting a new screw in too.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 11-01-2012

Thanks for the advice, yeah I've had the screw snap and ever since then there's been problems. I'll try doing the locking screw up super tight and see how we go.

Nostalgia