Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 06-07-2013

Default Club meeting is on at Batley tomorrow (7th of July)

Hi all,

just to let you know Batley club meeting is defo on tomorrow. Dianne text me earlier to confirm.

Weather looks great again so should be a good day

Craig
Old 06-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Excellent! Looking forward to it.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-07-2013

excellent rebuit the yoke
Old 07-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good fun meeting today, despite the intense sun. Thanks all for helping to pack away the track while I sorted the computer.

Thanks to Dianne for booking us in and setting up the computer today. I know it was a effort with feeling so ill. Hope you get well soon.

Hopefully I didn't annoy too many with the stopping and starting of the computer, but managed to get through the meeting ok in the end, along with managing to win my final thanks to a few retirements.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
excellent rebuit the yoke
Remember to check when you have spare parts after a rebuild ;-)
Old 07-07-2013

Yep, excellent meeting. Apologies for legging it immediately, but once again we had a prior engagement which we were already on borrowed time for.

Peter might have learnt slower is currently faster, and that shocks do need oil in, not just air.

And keep proving I'm not as good as I remember I thought I was

Bri
Old 07-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricol View Post
Yep, excellent meeting. Apologies for legging it immediately, but once again we had a prior engagement which we were already on borrowed time for.

Peter might have learnt slower is currently faster, and that shocks do need oil in, not just air.

And keep proving I'm not as good as I remember I thought I was

Bri
And well done on your C final 2wd win. you lucked out there
Old 07-07-2013

Apologies for having to leave the 1st heat a bit light on drivers, Jenson wasn't feeling too good and the track had some tricky sections he just could seem to get his head around so it seemed the best idea to call it a day. Shame as he's really coming along! Week off next week and we'll be back After numerous set up changes I'm starting to find a bit of speed myself and rolling back the years

How was the low 25 seconds i did in the first heat compared with times later on out of interest??

Paul.
Old 08-07-2013

Default Great meeting

Just like to say a big thanks to Neal and Ian for the meeting and hope you get well soon dianne
Old 08-07-2013

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=turbster;787822]Apologies for having to leave the 1st heat a bit light on drivers, Jenson wasn't feeling too good and the track had some tricky sections he just could seem to get his head around so it seemed the best idea to call it a day. Shame as he's really coming along! Week off next week and we'll be back After numerous set up changes I'm starting to find a bit of speed myself and rolling back the years

How was the low 25 seconds i did in the first heat compared with times later on out of interest??

Paul.[/QUOTE
Hi Paul wondered where you'd gone sorry cant help you with you lap time but you were flying in the lead first heat !hope you little lad ok now
Old 08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
And well done on your C final 2wd win. you lucked out there
To finish first, first you have to finish

Slight down point, I was a little surprised by some of the comments and expectations of a couple of kids in the heat. Seem to have forgotten its racing and you have to overtake those you are racing with, not take other competitors out deliberately, which seemed to be the object being talked about on the rostrum. Wasn't directed at me obviously, as I was observing the virtual blue flags

Bri
Old 08-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Good fun meeting today, despite the intense sun. Thanks all for helping to pack away the track while I sorted the computer.

Thanks to Dianne for booking us in and setting up the computer today. I know it was a effort with feeling so ill. Hope you get well soon.

Hopefully I didn't annoy too many with the stopping and starting of the computer, but managed to get through the meeting ok in the end, along with managing to win my final thanks to a few retirements.

Thanks Neal - I am recovering okay - still lacking in energy at the moment but feeling better than I have for the last few days.

Your efforts were appreciated on Sunday and I am sure all the drivers were happy for the meeting to be able to continue. Thanks also to Ian who has given much of his time to help the club lately - especially sorting the container after the attempted break-in.

The continued efforts of drivers at the club to assist both before and after the meeting make it so much easier - thanks to all concerned.
Old 09-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneH View Post
Thanks Neal - I am recovering okay - still lacking in energy at the moment but feeling better than I have for the last few days.

Your efforts were appreciated on Sunday and I am sure all the drivers were happy for the meeting to be able to continue. Thanks also to Ian who has given much of his time to help the club lately - especially sorting the container after the attempted break-in.

The continued efforts of drivers at the club to assist both before and after the meeting make it so much easier - thanks to all concerned.
No problem Dianne. Happy to help where I can, and I'd rather help out than not a race at all. I'll watch you booking in next time, so I have that figured out. Got the rest of the software figured out now.

Yes thanks to Ian for helping me out, locking up and getting the timing computer back to you.