Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 12-07-2012

Default Track condition

Hi,

does anyone know if the lake has drained away yet??

looking to race this Sunday if its on??

Craig
Old 14-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The track drained earlier in the week. Lets hope it doesn't rain tomorrow and sunday.

Are we going to get their early to help clean up on sunday before the race meeting?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-07-2012

Yes - I think we need to arrive for 9 am so that we can start on the clean up earlier than last time. I was hoping to try to get it done during the week but with the continued rain it was better to wait. With enough help, we should be able to get it done, prepare the track and then race as normal.

I will send out a text message and hope that we can get plenty of help - we will need it.

As we do not have access to clean water - if anyone can bring containers of water - hot or cold - this would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old 14-07-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

New member Ian has taken these shots this morning and mailed them to me.

As you can see there is a bit of mud on the astro. It will scrape and brush off, as it did after the last flood. I'll bring a spade and a yard brush.
With many hands to help with the container clean out and track, we'll be racing in no time.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 14-07-2012

No rain due today, and tomorrow looks like its going to be a nice day for once!!

will be racing in no time.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html