Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 01-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

So, by your own posts, there is no harm, in doing a typical computer thing, unplug it, squirt of WD40 on both connector, reconnect, if it works for now, top banana, if it don't, the misses can't complain with having to shell out for a new part!!

Show, I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the diagnosis, just that there are some of us, who would like to rectify a probrlem, than repair it. No point spending £20 - £50 on parts, which, in the end, aren't faulty, just not 'sending' correctly. Thats my 14 years on fast millitary jets, experience for you, lol.
Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If I can remember my aircraft training many years ago all metals are prone to electrical potential corrosion when two metals are in contact with each other. Thats what is happening in connectors, so when the connector is taken apart then back together again its sometimes enough to just remove surface corrosion and fix the problem without you knowing what you have done.
Just had this on my lads SP1 sidelight was,nt working but bulb was ok. I took the front fairing off to fix something else undid the connectors and when it was reassembled the bulb magically lit up.
Old 01-09-2009

Disimilar metal corrosion, when you join to metal components together, Jointing compound of different varieties were used, to stop it.
Old 01-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats it the differance in electrical potentiality causes RUST.this just sounds posher though. Thats from 30 years ago
Old 01-09-2009

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
So, by your own posts, there is no harm, in doing a typical computer thing, unplug it, squirt of WD40 on both connector, reconnect, if it works for now, top banana, if it don't, the misses can't complain with having to shell out for a new part!!

Show, I don't think anybody is disagreeing with the diagnosis, just that there are some of us, who would like to rectify a probrlem, than repair it. No point spending £20 - £50 on parts, which, in the end, aren't faulty, just not 'sending' correctly. Thats my 14 years on fast millitary jets, experience for you, lol.
yup worth a try but if you try that on a cam senser on certain fords it wont do chuff all as the sensers were found to fail in service, they found the cause and now the new ones are modified and a differet colour, which looks like what the renault one is, one of our reasons for colour change was gold connecters and we had to fit new loom too (as renault by the looks of the picture)
Old 01-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
we're talking about an inductive magnetic sensor here. as everyone on here should know magnetic strength is affected by heat (ever had a brushed motor "go off" when the can gets hot?) weak magnet = weak signal. weak signal thru poor connection = no signal.
no signal = no running

i'm just trying to get the point across that this has been such a common problem that a modified part/s have been released to permanently resolve any issues!

the newer sensors have better thermal protection & have been modified to give a stronger more reliable signal

for a while people were just replacing the sensors for the fault to remanifest itself further down the line due to corrosion/loose connections in the wiring

by replacing both the sensor & wiring you are prety much guaranteed a permanent repair

Mark has found the same thing with some Ford parts so its not a Renault specific situation/fix

like i said early on

do it once
do it right
Old 01-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
we're talking about an inductive magnetic sensor here. as everyone on here should know magnetic strength is affected by heat (ever had a brushed motor "go off" when the can gets hot?) weak magnet = weak signal. weak signal thru poor connection = no signal.
no signal = no running

i'm just trying to get the point across that this has been such a common problem that a modified part/s have been released to permanently resolve any issues!

the newer sensors have better thermal protection & have been modified to give a stronger more reliable signal

for a while people were just replacing the sensors for the fault to remanifest itself further down the line due to corrosion/loose connections in the wiring

by replacing both the sensor & wiring you are prety much guaranteed a permanent repair

Mark has found the same thing with some Ford parts so its not a Renault specific situation/fix

like i said early on

do it once
do it right
Only pretty much?

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT RELATED TO HEAT!!!! The opening post quite clearly states the problems occurs HOT OR COLD!

Agree do it once and do it right - doing it right might just be taking it out and cleaning it.

Quite why you have such an aversion to someone cleaning something is beyond me.

To the OP - don't bother cleaning/taking it out it is clearly much better to replace the whole thing rather than even trying to sort it for free.
Old 01-09-2009
Mad Member

lets just consider my RELEVANT FULL TIME EXPERIENCE with the Renault product over your "got lucky by inadvertently cleaning a connection fumbling" by POINTLESS cleaning for a moment shall we?

yes. now the problem will now happen hot or cold (the component in question has pretty much completely failed after all) but i'm willing to bet it was more prevalent with a warm engine in the early phases of failure.
well actually this was confirmed during a phonecall with the OP not long after the original post this morning

and the pretty much you analy chose to focus on was only described as such because as with ANY electrical component there is a fail rate where parts are either DOA or die very early during their service lifetime!

this was posted pure & simple because i can't personally guarantee the lifespan of any new parts fitted. Renault will waranty the part for 12 months so you do have some cover in the event of premature failure

a bit like your "Changed rather than cleaned....interesting...... ..." line.
yes changed rather than cleaned as RELEVANT EVERYDAY EXPERIENCE has been PROVEN does actually fix the problem rather than the pointless cleaning you seem to have some kind of fixation with!

actually seeing as we're picking words to focus on the title of the thread asked for Renault mechanics. are you sure you are qualified to be taking such moral high ground in a topic that your posted experinces seem to show you're not really that clued up about?? yet seem more than prepared to argue your point all day??
and also state that you're not that keen to fall out with anyone just yet as you are new here??

good start

what are you going to tell us next???

cracking an egg into your radiator fixes a blown head gasket!
Old 02-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
lets just consider my RELEVANT FULL TIME EXPERIENCE with the Renault product over your "got lucky by inadvertently cleaning a connection fumbling" by POINTLESS cleaning for a moment shall we?

yes. now the problem will now happen hot or cold (the component in question has pretty much completely failed after all) but i'm willing to bet it was more prevalent with a warm engine in the early phases of failure.
well actually this was confirmed during a phonecall with the OP not long after the original post this morning

and the pretty much you analy chose to focus on was only described as such because as with ANY electrical component there is a fail rate where parts are either DOA or die very early during their service lifetime!

this was posted pure & simple because i can't personally guarantee the lifespan of any new parts fitted. Renault will waranty the part for 12 months so you do have some cover in the event of premature failure

a bit like your "Changed rather than cleaned....interesting...... ..." line.
yes changed rather than cleaned as RELEVANT EVERYDAY EXPERIENCE has been PROVEN does actually fix the problem rather than the pointless cleaning you seem to have some kind of fixation with!

actually seeing as we're picking words to focus on the title of the thread asked for Renault mechanics. are you sure you are qualified to be taking such moral high ground in a topic that your posted experinces seem to show you're not really that clued up about?? yet seem more than prepared to argue your point all day??
and also state that you're not that keen to fall out with anyone just yet as you are new here??

good start

what are you going to tell us next???

cracking an egg into your radiator fixes a blown head gasket!
Put your down princess your post says a whole load more about you than it does me to be honest.
Old 02-09-2009
Mad Member

so you say

what your post says to me is that while i'm at work actually fixing cars you're googling handbags!

looks like you found your niche!

anyway, haven't you got some pointless cleaning to be getting on with?
Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

*is physically unable to imagine Showtime, the RC Chuck Norris (IMO), and a handbag at the same time*

However, Millzy..now..he would

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 02-09-2009

I can't believe these two dudes have been having a raging debate... over a crankcase position sensor on a remo megane pic-i-nic or whatever.

Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
*is physically unable to imagine Showtime, the RC Chuck Norris (IMO), and a handbag at the same time*

However, Millzy..now..he would

A Handbag- no ta dude so last year
Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzy View Post
A Handbag- no ta dude so last year
Oh yeah, sorry, forgot you were having a change of colours/genitals

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jesus just when lee and stampedevlx boy have finally seemed to have called a truce these two are at it.
Anyway back to the topic. Anyone know if the car is fixed yet and what did he do to it.
Old 02-09-2009
Super Moderator

My money is on Adam (Showtime).

Ding ding, round 1

G
Old 02-09-2009

Not sure if Showtime would look right with a handbag...
Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

depends which colour
Old 02-09-2009

Bloke seems to have shut up now he knows he's dealing with a 25 stone bald bloke.
Or, is it just because he's realised he is actually being a bellend??

You decide.......
Old 02-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Flanders, you're my f#cking hero

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.