Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 11-01-2014

Default A TC dilemma.....

I've fairly recently returned to club level racing following a 10 year break. It's nothing too competitive, carrying on from where I was before just having a bit if fun. Some of you on here may know me, if you do you know what I'm like.

For those that don't, I have an xray XB4 that has, potentially, been offered for swap against a friends Awesomatix due to my lack of time running anything other than local club indoor races (which is currently all TC-based).

My first dilemma is, do I do this swap? I'm doubtful that I'll get much time to run much outdoor stuff, and it seems like such a waste to have it sat there doing nothing when I'm loaning the Awesomatix rather than having my own TC.

My second dilemma.....if I do the swap, do I stick with the Awesomatix?? Part of me wants to go for a T4 or BD7 due to being more used to that style of geometry, plus a lot of the club members run the T3/4's so tips are plenty. I have also always had a hankering for an xray tourer anyway.

Help me guys......I'm stuck!
Old 11-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveyp View Post
I've fairly recently returned to club level racing following a 10 year break. It's nothing too competitive, carrying on from where I was before just having a bit if fun. Some of you on here may know me, if you do you know what I'm like.

For those that don't, I have an xray XB4 that has, potentially, been offered for swap against a friends Awesomatix due to my lack of time running anything other than local club indoor races (which is currently all TC-based).

My first dilemma is, do I do this swap? I'm doubtful that I'll get much time to run much outdoor stuff, and it seems like such a waste to have it sat there doing nothing when I'm loaning the Awesomatix rather than having my own TC.

My second dilemma.....if I do the swap, do I stick with the Awesomatix?? Part of me wants to go for a T4 or BD7 due to being more used to that style of geometry, plus a lot of the club members run the T3/4's so tips are plenty. I have also always had a hankering for an xray tourer anyway.

Help me guys......I'm stuck!
Awesomatix is worth more than xb4, if u are purely doing indoors I would go awesomatix (which model) it is very very good on the rug. And outdoors too proven by richard king.
The awesomatix although looks complicated is indeed very simple its principles are like a 12th front end.
If u do go down awesomatix route get a descent hudy setup system it makes it soo easy. If u dont hace a hudy setup I do have 1 bnip still but regardless of that I think its a no brainer if ur not racing the buggy or wish to swap class.
I think the mi5 is best tc but I drive for schumacher so im biased.. (it has awesomatix similaritys so best of traditional and the wonderful)
Old 11-01-2014

Thanks Jampot. I'm tempted by the idea, but my past love was off-road - having started in the class in the early 90's and reluctantly moving to TC's as the club changed in later years away from buggies - so it's always in the back of my mind that I'd like to give it a go again. Too many hobbies and bit enough time may take the choice away from me though.

The Awesomatix is an early chassis A700 with longitudinal motor mount. It's had quite a lot of indoor use. What is their realistic used value should I decide to change??
Old 12-01-2014

Being the early one probably not as desirable but holding out for the right buyer couple hundred would be achievable.
It can be made into latest spec but u would be better off in the end ordering new.
It would be most beneficial if u go down the tc route trying the 700 getting use to it the features it has then getting the latter chassis and useing this one for spares, the car is very robust and doesnt wear but u would have piece of mind.
Old 14-01-2014

The A700 is a great car in the right hands, but I'm not sure it's the right platform for a newcomer to TC racing. Spares availability and setup help is going to be hard to come by at club level.

It if was me I'd flog the XB4 and buy a T4 instead (either new or used depending on budget - Xrays age well so there are plenty of decent used ones around).