Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 26-07-2008

Default 1/10 Elec Trucks

I've noticed over the past few months a few threads on 1/10 trucks and can remember in days gone by there used to be a pretty large series with some seriously good drivers in it.

In fact when I first got the bug for racing I had a XXT-CR years ago and i use to enjoy the racing not just for the competitive side but being able to give it some stick without common breakages. Its big in the USA but I think it could be a great class to get started over here again.

Anybody still use them and are there any meetings that still incorporate them?
Old 26-07-2008

I used to do the series with the Helgar lot, was great fun and then got really serious and it lost its appeal, everyone drifted off to other classes after that. I was thinking about it again but reckon that electric 1/8th will be the next class to take off as its something different and fun.
Old 26-07-2008

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Southport started a truck class this year. It took a little while but is now well established. I think it has been my favourite class this year, an absolutely top laugh and not far off the pace of the 4wds!
Reading recent posts, it would seem as though one of the North East clubs is starting truck aswell. All the T4's have been snapped up from the sales section within hours!! There is a good selection of trucks available at the minute too. Obviously there is the AE T4 and HPI E-Firestorm but also Duratrax Evader, Traxxas Rustler, Losi Speed T, the upcoming X-Factory X60 and Kyosho RT5 and tons of older Losi XXXT's around to choose from.
Hope it gets more popular all round because it really is a great class to race.
Old 26-07-2008

i have a t4 that i race in with other 2/4wd at my local club and really enjoy it. The nice thing about the T4 is if buggies get in the way..... then straight over them is a nice overtaking line!

I have some feedback from trades done a while ago.
Trader Feedback
Old 27-07-2008

Love trucks & hope this class makes a comeback. Had my eye on a E-Firestorm for a while now...
Old 28-07-2008
Super Moderator

I few of us in the NE are getting trucks, I'd like to get some meetings going if possible.

G