Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals

Old 10-05-2009

Well done Tom and sleigh! (Tom, i'm sure you've made Terry proud!)

To sum up my weeend:-
Saturday - b-e-a-utiful
Sunday - dog-poo, total dog poo
Old 10-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
Thats fine when you are doing 27-28 second laps, but when you are doing 24-25 second laps then try it!!!
erm... I was getting them sort of laps... it was my old fart brain, round the astro that caught me out. It is off-road in the end... I have to endure a winter of racing saloons on flat tracks, don't need flat tracks when I go outdoors. I understand that some were struggling, but then there were also a lot, not struggling with the straight too.... can't condem a track because people can't 'negotiate' a straight that got bumps in it.

Anyhows, could moan/discuss/chuck stuff out of the cot over it, it is done, dusted, was a fab day, knackered now though, thankfully, only tool 45 mins to get home.

Ash, I did ask about the toilets, from what I understand, when they provided a 'porta-potty' last year, it was hardly used. Maybe this could be brought up, and be an 'essential' part of a National weekend, 24hr access to a toilet.

Hands up who got sunburn??
Old 10-05-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

As for Yardy's B-Max.... that car was dialled
Old 10-05-2009

nice one tallywain great weekend! weather turned out good as well
Old 11-05-2009

Thanks to everyone who helped run this event. You even managed to order the sun . Personally i didn't enjoy the track yesterday. I could not find any rytham at all on it. But that is how it goes sometimes I guess

Congrats to both Phil and Tom for the wins over the weekend.

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite
Old 11-05-2009
Mad Member

Really enjoyed the weekend this being my first national. i thought the track was good both days, and my cars and times improved throughout the days.

congrats to Phil and Tom for the wins.
Old 11-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Well done to everyone, the track was very good everywhere except the straight and the first double on Sunday, they proved to be very random and inconsistent, which were where 95% of my crashes were. Apart from that it was a good effort and i can only see it getting better next year!

Well done to Phil and Tom for your wins.
Old 11-05-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I can't wait to hear Mike Hudson's thoughts on the track.
Lee, that's legend.

Good to see so many 4wd chassis in the 'A' final.
X5, XX4, Pred, B44, Cat, D5 & Yoke.

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.

Last edited by Stu; 11-05-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added D5
Old 11-05-2009
LeeOtard

Well done tom and phil, long time coming!!

Well i dont want to say much....i just hope i dont have to go back....

How anyone can say the straight was not a problem is beyond me, its off road - agreed, not destruction Derby...and about lines up the straight i tried almost everyone, even in the end i made sure i rubbed in pipe on the inside to give me the best opportunity.

I dont mean for this to sound bad on anyone who helped at the track, thought you all did a good job (millzy especially). I just get annoyed to find myself spending money to go racing at somewhere i dont see fit. The track should be proven and checked before nationals go ahead.

I heard that not many tracks put in anymore, so - we either need to make it more worthwhile having nationals at the tracks...or reduce the number of national rounds to cater for having only the best tracks and then support regionals more?

Must say, not really a happy bunny on this matter and see the reason more people are drifting to 8th....
Old 11-05-2009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
i made sure i rubbed in pipe on the inside to give me the best opportunity.....

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 11-05-2009
LeeOtard

haha! good work Stu!"
Old 11-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post

losi shocks on your b44 didnt help then

Straigh wasnt good was it- i want it sorted as much as you lot do- sorry lads really am

did you all like the layout and the new features?
Old 11-05-2009
LeeOtard

The actual lay out was ok....but just the surface and jumps etc needed work. all very 'Random'

For a 8th im sure it will be fine.
Old 11-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Random was indeed the right word

live and learn i think is the right way to look at it- it was my first time at building an Astro track- ill get if sorted dont you worry
Old 11-05-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

good skills millzy, track does have great potential,I'm sure you.ll get there,
Old 11-05-2009
Lee-Mag

One thing that strikes me from reading the comments is that a national event has been ran on an untested track. I understand the club were up against it with hosting the first national and not having a chance to run a regional etc. I suppose Blyth are lucky in this respect with hosting a round later in the year. I don't know if it was possible but maybe the first round would have been better going to one of the other all weather tracks, ie, eden park, stotfold. At least some running could be done on the taly track but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 11-05-2009
BANNED

Gallery - only 4wd.

I hope we go back next year, I enjoyed it.

Some more spade-slapping is needed, but after that it'll be Maximim-Best Boss.
Old 11-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

As everyone is posting comments then I will also give my opinion on the track and the event.....I haven't raced as many of you know for some 8 years at Nationals. To see Ellis Stafford (our National 2wd champion) have a some 6 second lead in the main A final leg 1 and simply go on the straight and tumble over and over till the car broke that put him out of the race, in my opinion that is simply NOT right. If the current best in the UK can't go down the straight then I ask how can anyone else have a chance!I was on for a top 10 time in round 1 and as commentated at the time, some few seconds off TQ and my 4wd turned over on the straight for no reason whatsoever and I was actually comming off the power to not make an error.....again in my opinion this is simply NOT right.Like I said on the mike when I was commentating I think the club did a great job at the weekend....lots and lots of good points but as a constructive point, I say sort out the straight and some of the profiles of the jumps - apart from that it was all fine and a good bunch of people that have obviously worked hard to get the meeting on and I feel they will listen to the comments and make the place even better.Thanks to Talywain members and organises for you efforts - this post is meant to be constructive and nothing more......Tony Evdoka
Old 11-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ta tony- nice to see you again after many years-

yours like many are right- but it did make for close racing lol
Old 11-05-2009
Mad Member

I was racing at Coventry the other week end and it was a lot worse than this track.

Sure, it would be nice to see the straight a bit flatter and the bumps a bit less random (the double on the righ hand is the worst IMHO). Would be equally nice to see the 'big' double changed so that it can be taken with less of a risk, even if some drivers managed to get it right 90% of the time in 2WD (Danny is a good example).

Overall I had a really good week end, 2WD F final for my first ever national was well above what I expected. 4WD wasn't as well as I think i'd just used up all of my luck and talent for the week end on saturday, lol.

Just to make a point, I didn't have a single tumble down the straight. I had a few small issues in 4WD but as far as my 2WD was concerned the straight was flat

Well done to everyone at Talywain and I hope we come back next year with an improved track.