Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Carisma GT14B

Read the report on the UK Micro X event and like the look of the new Carisma car, I have had a Xray M18T in the past and quite fancy one of these little cars again!

Is the RTR coming out first?

Will they do it as a rolling chassis?

Any ideas on Cost?

What Saddle cells did the guys run in them?

Did Sleigh use cut down wheels/mini pins on the front of his car?

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-08-2010
Administrator

Cars look finished just final specs aren't confirmed. They come with quite large wheels and tyres but yes sleigh was running tc wheels with narrow yellow pins front and normal rear. Cut down front wheels aye.

Looks good doesn't it
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Jimmy yes it looks sweet

I forgot Sch did the narrow 21mm mini pics for TC's, makes things a bit easier!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Read the report on the UK Micro X event and like the look of the new Carisma car, I have had a Xray M18T in the past and quite fancy one of these little cars again!

Is the RTR coming out first?

Will they do it as a rolling chassis?

Any ideas on Cost?

What Saddle cells did the guys run in them?

Did Sleigh use cut down wheels/mini pins on the front of his car?
Im not 100% sure in which order the cars will be released. I have the RTR, Phil and Keith used the Pro spec and I have heard a rumour of an ARTR version too. Would presume that either the ARTR or RTR would be first

See above. FYI the Pro spec will be a rolling chassis also.

Carisma sent the team some 2000mAh saddle packs. They were faultless all day

He ran the thinner Schumacher mini pins on the front of his. If you saw Jimmy's pic of my GT14B you would have seen the standard kit wheels and tyres also

More pics at http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/ukmicrox2010/gallery

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for all the info Chris!

It's good to see the cells that come with the car are good enough for racing.

Was the Carisma speedo and motor ok?? What KV is it??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-08-2010

the motor and speedo are more than enough for racing , phils and keiths was fast at the weekend and if i remember they were 6900kv ?? but i am unsure as to what will be coming in the KIT yet.
lipos are 25c 2000mah so plenty for racing
phil was taking 700mah out of them in the qualifiers and final over the weekend
Old 11-08-2010
Mad Member

Hey Mark

I think we all used the Carisma speedo and motor combo. I did originally run a Novak Mongoose in the car for testing, as I was familar with that set-up. I changed to the Carisma gear the day before the MicroX meeting following excellent feedback from Keith and Cris.

The motor myself and Keith used was a 6800Kv and was plenty quick enough to out run anything in a straight line. In fact mine was probably still accelarating at the end of the straight. I beleive the motor Cris used was a 4500Kv and was still pretty quick.

As for the speedo I was extremely impressed with how simple it was to set-up and how much "feel" the unit had being a sensorless unit (first time I'd ever used sensorless). The unit is a forward/reverse unit with the option to turn off the reverse, which is required under Micro rules.

As for the car itself, the quality of all the parts is second to none and the thought that's gone into the build/design is obvious when you look at the options available (inc. Multiple camberlink positions, roll-bars front/back, droop limiters, big bore shocks, carbon chassis option, alloy motor mount, alloy slipper unit, CVD option etc..)

As I think someone mentioned over on the UK-Micro forum, the cars ran for a few meetings prior to MicroX and over all these meetings there wasn't a single breakage on any car. As you would expect with a pre-production car we did a few tweaks to improve the set-up but that's about it.

My plans are to continue to run the car leading upto the Micro Nationals starting in October, to evaluate various set-ups and also put more track time in with the Carisma tyre options. I believe these could offer additional performance gain, but the short run up to MicroX meant it was easy to hit the ground running on the Schumacher Mini-Pins/Rally Blocks.

If time allows I might even give the car a run on a more traditional 1/10th off-road track to see how it copes, as this might entice a few more racers over to Micro's if they can use the car on other easily assessible tracks.

Overall the level of interest in the car has been really impressive and this will certainly shake up the "Shark/Blaze" domination from the past few years.

Any question feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Cheers
Phil
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the great answers and info on the car and Esc etc you have covered pretty much everything I need to know!

I just want to get my hands on one now and see if we can generate a bit of interest in the class in the South East.

The car will be great for the class as buying a shark and options and a brushless system etc your talking 10th scale money really and I think it puts quite a peope off.

If Cml get the pricing right I think you'll see some more peope getting into the class which is all good as it looks a great fun class and the tracks at the Nationals look amazing!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-08-2010

Quote:
t want to get my hands on one now and see if we can generate a bit of interest in the class in the South East.

The car will be great for the class as buying a shark and options and a brushless system etc your talking 10th scale money really and I think it puts quite a peope off.

If Cml get the pricing right I think you'll see some more peope getting into the class which is all good as it looks a great fun class and the tracks at the Nationals look amazing!
Hi mark,

i think you've hit the nail on the head there about pricing, a cheaper competitive car make the class a viable option.

weirdly the SE is one place where we havn't held a national for the past few years, an upsurge in interest in the micro class could help change that.

see you at a round late this year then with your new carisma?

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes don't see why not! I'll check out the dates and locations and see what ones I'll aim to do.

I heard there was a club in Essex running micros but not sure if that's still going, I'll try my one out at my local club and see how it goes!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 11-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mark,

There are a few clubs around the SE that race micro but not many. High Wycombe and Taplow spring to mind, and I also had a phone call from Danny Conway (Essex fella) who said that he has information on a new club/venue so ill try and remember to pass the details over to you

Phils detailed post earlier perfectly sums up the GT14B. If you want to have a look at some quality photos of the car have a look on the CML Distribution website

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 12-08-2010

Send a message via MSN to Thomas P

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post

If time allows I might even give the car a run on a more traditional 1/10th off-road track to see how it copes, as this might entice a few more racers over to Micro's if they can use the car on other easily assessible tracks.

Cheers
Phil
Please do that Phil!!..I run my Chunk on our 1/10th astro track here and it is ace, and the RC18B2 works real good, but will be out performed by this beast..let us all know

(will get the Pro car asap)

/T

My blogg
Old 13-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers for the heads up on SE clubs Cosie, will be good to have a practice before doing a bigger meeting!

Does the car some with the right Hex wheel fitting to take TC wheels??

What inserts are normally used in the Sch mini spikes etc when on a micro??

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-08-2010

yes mark it does, i will let you know what i think as i am running mine tonight
Old 13-08-2010

hey mark,

the car come with 12mm hexes, so perfect for tc wheels.

the best choice used to be the LP soft inserts from schumacher, U6700 i think. but they seem to have been discontinued.

as for new inserts, i'm not sure as i'm still running the LP's

PHULL PHAT - Phat Bodies
Old 13-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Wez and Matisse for the info!

What other inserts are people running that are available??

Just had a look at the national locations, man they are all at least 4-6 hours from where I live! Dudley is the nearest so may aim for this one but its still 4 hours from home!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-08-2010
Mad Member

At last weekend's MicroX I ran a new insert from Carisma. It was their "Soft" insert designed for the higher profile tyre which Cosie ran. I found they filled the Mini-spike tyre really well.

Hopefully they will be available around the same sort of time as the car itself. I'm sure Wez can confirm/deny this.
Old 13-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Mark,

There are a few clubs around the SE that race micro but not many. High Wycombe and Taplow spring to mind, and I also had a phone call from Danny Conway (Essex fella) who said that he has information on a new club/venue so ill try and remember to pass the details over to you

Phils detailed post earlier perfectly sums up the GT14B. If you want to have a look at some quality photos of the car have a look on the CML Distribution website

We raced at South Ockenden but are now changing venue to Barleylands
Barleylands Farm, Barleylands Road, Billericay CM11 2UD

This is a massive hall and is going to be awesome. We will be racing there from 17/8/10

Old 13-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thats good news! Its a bit of a drive from Ashford, Kent but still be good to hone the skills!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 13-08-2010

Quote:
Thats good news! Its a bit of a drive from Ashford, Kent but still be good to hone the skills!
Would take about 15 to 20 mins from the bridge