Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 27-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default What interest is there again for 1/10th electric TRUCKS !!

Hi all,

Just wondering what interest there is with 1/10th electric trucks, with the release of the 22t soon to be as i raced these back in the late 90s early 2000 at regional/national level, there is interest with a few guys at the local club i think it would be great to get such a good class back on. So just the thoughts of anyone else cheers for reading

Lapper.
Old 27-10-2011
Banned

My concern would be the same as when Short Course Trucks came out, being that they were similar (2wd trucks), that they would thin the field and hurt entries in the pre-exisiting Stadium Truck class fields. As I forewarned, it happened, and it wasn't long before the Stadium Truck class was dead. So in essence, Short Course Trucks replaced Stadium Trucks - and that's fine.

What I don't want to see happen is this "rebirth" in Stadium Trucks just because one manufacturer releases a new truck, as it will have the reverse effect and thin the fields in Short Course Trucks - OR - what would be even worse in my opinion, add another class at the track and extend the race day. And it gets under my skin when they invent a new class that sends another vehicle of mine to collect dust on the shelf, especially when that class already came and went.
Old 28-10-2011
oOple Advertiser

Would be nice to see a return for a proper racing truck again, as Mark says it was a real fun class but still really competitive with most of the top drivers taking part. Nothing against the short course by the way, it just hasn't caught on over here and it's not for me.

Bring on the truck revival
Old 28-10-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

Id like to see stadium trucks racing again. Sc was never for me either but this would be good
Old 28-10-2011

I'd love to see the trucks being raced again, if there was definitely a few heats going on at local races I would get involved. The problem is getting those people to step in first and get the class going again....

Time will tell...!
Old 28-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ry - We run Stadiums at Bury, its just we tend to run them with the Short Course trucks. 2wd Stadiums tend to out perform 2wd SC's, but not 4wd SC's.

IIRC Southport tended to have a truck heat, almost all Stadiums.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 28-10-2011

Default Stadium truck class

We at coventry are getting some interest in this class again as people want to race a truck again but not short course.Several of use allready own trucks and some are scouting e-bay for bargains to race at coventrys 65+ drivers club days .We will probably mix with short course but if entries are 6 or above could organize a heat.Coventry are in the planning stage(talking to simon shearing)of designing a 1/10th astro track to replace the grass track.Ansmann macnum £54 + £10 ball bearings,race a mad monkey 2wd so spares a plenty on e-bay or jespares.
Old 28-10-2011

Might be interested if there is a general agreement to run rear motor versions only, this might encourage people who still have older trucks sitting on shelves to get them out again or be able to convert existing 2wd buggy/SC to truck.
Old 28-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

at our club there are a lot of T4's being raced, but this year a lot more people were taking to running 2wd buggies.

Last year we saw probably 6 4wd, 6 trucks and 2 2wd.
This year we had around 4 4wd 8 2wd 4 trucks
Old 28-10-2011

i do regret not racing trucks years ago. Some body let me have a go of their losi truck back then and i thought it was such a laugh. I would race myself as long as they seperated the 2 and 4wd to keep it fair.
Old 31-10-2011

Default 1/10th trucks

Just got two second hand asmann macnums of oople,one was vurtualy brand new with no wear whats so ever,ballraced it cleaned it ready to race,the second was in bits so plenty of spares,It was cheaper than converting my sc10 as bits had to come from the states(postage from different places) will race it at coventry or broxtowe series.
Old 31-10-2011
Mad Member

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...fdsh-10/Detail

showing 3 in stock
Old 31-10-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUpton View Post
"Please Note this is a Pre-Order item
any parts included with this Pre-Order
will ship when the Truck comes in.
ETA 12/10/11 (Subject to Change)
"
Old 31-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Great to know guys theres already interest and im sure when the trucks start running round the track it will generate more interest glad ive now got a losi xxxt-cr which will be turned into a rip rawing monster CR2-T ready to take on the mid motor 22t ive spoke with a few lads at track side who have already got trucks or dusting off the trucks from back in the day so roll on lets get trucks on !!!!!
Old 06-11-2011

Default Mine is ready

Got my macnum rebuilt and ready for coventry club on the 13th nov.Losi 6.5 schue yellow worn fronts studs rear.Traxxas big bore shocks.can't wait
Old 06-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Fantastic jonny boy, sounds good mate traxxas big bores MMM thats cheating hahahahahahahahahah have to take a look at them mate been in talks with the mighty atomic carbon boys the cr2-t is being made as we speak in RED CARBON !!!!!!! so fingers crossed should be soon
Old 10-11-2011

Default Another trucker

Just talking to simon shearing from coventry and he's rebuilt his sc10 onto a t4 chassis,another trucker joining in,good to see people are interested in this class once again.I wouldn't mind a series running with the short course nationals next year on the same days,hopefully you never know.
Old 10-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Spares View Post
I'd love to see the trucks being raced again, if there was definitely a few heats going on at local races I would get involved. The problem is getting those people to step in first and get the class going again....

Time will tell...!
2nd that and I've got mine already here running
Old 11-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

BIG thumbs up that guys think a national with short course would be great.
Old 11-11-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

The losi does look good, and i dont think the problem with the motor being too far forward that plagued the buggy would harm the truck because of the grip levels the larger rear tyres will generate.
Other than the losi, which other trucks that are available now would you consider competetive enough to race with, if a truck series does start up again?
Does the t4 still have what it takes?
I have an ansmann xt pro but its more of a basher/starter rc vehicle for my son.
Which top 3 trucks would you choose?