Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 12-03-2013
Administrator

Default THE PLAYERS - BUMP UP, 23rd & 24th March!!

A reminder that famous 'The Players' race is in less than 2 weeks time - and instead of the usual 'Reedy' format, this time the guys have come up with a clever BUMP UP system. The usual high quality Worksop track, timing by BBK and Muzzy on the mic.

Last minute entries can be sorted out NOW by contacting event organiser Mark 'Muzzy' Musgrove directly via PM on here. Just visit THIS LINK, or click the image above to PM your entry details.

We will be there to support the event and hand out some oOple goodies - along with some great coverage. So come race against some of the best drivers around on one of the best indoor venues around.
Old 12-03-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

the meeting will also be running (if min numbers atre met) a heat or more of short course and Micro buggies
Old 13-03-2013
oOple Contributor

Smile Full Players Event info.............

Ok everyone, had quite a number of messages asking for more information with regards to the Players event so here is all of the relevant information that you might need:

The venue address is:
North Notts Community Arena, Eastgate, Worksop, Notts. S80 1QT.

There will be NO practice on the Friday night, the doors for the track will be open from 7AM Saturday morning and the same for Sunday morning. There will be 1 round of practice for everyone in heat order each day.

This years format is totally different to previous years and 2wd 1/10th Buggies will run Saturday and then Sunday will be 4wd 1/10th Buggies along with 2wd and 4wd SC trucks and also Micro Buggies if there is at least enough for a complete heat.

The track will be changed slightly from Saturday to Sunday so therefore if you can't make both days then don't think you shall be at a disadvantage because it will be different.

Tyres for the 1/10th buggies are controlled with the Schumacher Yellow Mini Pin tyre being used all around. The tyres for both the SC trucks and Micro buggies are Open but we recommend again the Schumacher Yellow Mini Pin should be a good choice. Don't worry if you don't have tyres as PBM Racing will be the shop in attendance as always for anything you might need.

oOple will be at the event reporting and bbk Timing will also be at the event. This event is going to be great and I suggest you get yourself booked in if you want to come to what will be an Awesome event. There will be trophies given to the Top 3 from each class, also a trophy given to the person who manages to Bump up the most positions in each 1/10 buggy class and also as always a great raffle with several hundreds of pounds worth of prizes from our sponsors!

Mains power is provided, but please bring your own extension lead, table and chair and you shall have a great time.

There is also a great bar and cafe area within the venue so you will be fine for any food or drinks you require.

Full Detailed info of how it will all work:

Forget about having to make the top 10 in qualifying to have a chance of winning the event. One of the best things about Rallycross is coming to Worksop Indoor Racing!

Bump Up!

Qualifying runs as normal and once it is complete you get seeded into sub finals. If you make the top 3 in your sub final you get promoted to the next level. It is possible to start at the bottom and bump all the way to the main final. After your sub final you have about 15 minutes to get ready for your next race. Unlike qualifying you don’t marshal the next race, you get a friend (BRCA Member) to marshal for you in your race. You will have to return the favour to your friends. Worksop is classed as a low grip surface so a 5 minute race won’t take a lot out of your cells. With two sets you should be able to power your way through as many bump ups as you can manage.

This is the format used in the big Rallycross races like the Euros, Worlds and of course the NEO. With the NEO running in August this year we welcome any Rallycross racers who fancy an off road bump up race in the warm!

The details.
The entry is open to 130 drivers in 2wd on Saturday and 120 drivers in 4wd on Sunday. There will be 1 round of practice and 5 rounds of qualifying. Using Round Points 3 from 5 with a bonus point for TQ in Round.

Taking the overall qualifying list the odd position drivers (1,3,5…) will go to the A stream and the even position drivers (2,4,6…) will go to the B stream. The first 7 in the A stream will go to the A Semi Final, the next 7 to the A Quarter Final and so on. The same for the B stream. The Finals start with the lowest A stream sub final followed by the lowest B stream sub final. When you bump up you stay in your stream so you always have one final between races if you bump.

The top three bump up from each sub final until the Semis where the first 5 in each Semi bump up. The final grid is based on the finishing times in the Semis.

After the A Semi the top 5 cars are held and released at the same time as the B Semi cars so all Finalists have equal prep time. To keep us entertained during the Final prep time we will have a Bonus Race for the bottom 10 qualifiers (that aren't in the final or course) with the bottom qualifier on pole.

All practice, heats and races will be 5 minutes plus finishing time except the Bonus Race which will be different.

Hope I've not missed anything, if I have then please just drop me a message and ask.
Look forward to seeing you all there, get booked in if you haven't already done so, great racing in the dry warm venue, what more could you want!!
Old 18-03-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

5 days to go - any last minute entries PM myself or Muzzy
Old 21-03-2013
oOple Contributor

Wink some more entries.......

Hi guys,
A few more entries come in during the last few hours, maybe due to the adverse weather that is coming in for the weekend, so if you haven't done so and you want to come and race at this awesome event with us then please just send me a PM and we are even taking entries in the mornings, so if you want to come last minute then please do so.
Due to very low interest unless we get more entries in both SC and Micro I'm afraid these classes will not take place this weekend and will be cancelled.
Therefore it will just be 1/10th buggies as per usual.
Team oOple will be in attendance and reporting and keeping things a little crazy I would think
So remember if you want somewhere warm and dry and a great atmosphere to race this weekend you know where to come If you need convincing more just check out the awesome oOple race report from the Series here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksop24022013/
Hope to see you there, not long to go now. Who will be The Players Champions of 2013......................
Old 21-03-2013
Mad Member

Weathers not looking good for outdoor racing this weekend....why not do 1 more last indoor event?!!!

Looking forward to it!!

Good on the crew sorting events out like this year after year!!
Keep up the good work!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 21-03-2013

Can't wait! First time out for my new cougar!!!

Should be a great weekend!

Schumacher-Racing
Old 23-03-2013
oOple Contributor

Wink Live Results.....

Masssive thanks for all the efforts to everyone who has made it through the snow today and come to race at The Players 2wd event, we have racers from England, Wales, Scotland and even France!!!!
Here is a link to the results so far today if anyone wants to see them: http://mob.bbkrclive.com

We have entries still available for the 4wd event tomorrow, send me a PM through here and get booked in if you want to come and have some great racing and test yourself against some of the best drivers, or just turn up bright and early in the morning and we shall get you booked in. Another massive raffle again tomorrow and some awesome racing.

Those concerned about the snow, all of the main routes in and out of Worksop are totally clear, we have been on the main roads around the arena and all is fine also. We have been and brought some grit and the car park and drive into the arena is all now fairly clear also, so no problems.

Don't just sit at home viewing the results, get booked in tomorrow and come and have some fun
Old 23-03-2013

cant find it?
Is The BOL**OCKs F3 Driver
Cougar Sv2 Cat SX3 Owner
Winner of the 4wd G final F345
BQ of round 2 2wd Oswestry National
Old 23-03-2013

No results there Muz!

Any more ideas? I wanna see how things went today
Old 23-03-2013

Click the link then choose the top box bbk live events then click on bottom box players 2013 thn just choose what you want too view by clicking the chequered flags hope this helps guys
Old 23-03-2013
oOple Contributor

Correct, exactly as Wayne has said is how you find the results from today.
Note you shall see the A Main was 7 minutes long, awesome domination from Neil Cragg almost lapping the field!!! Neil is the 2wd Players Champion 2013. Can he do the double & win 4wd tomorrow!!!
Hopefully see some of you there, no snow falling up here now & all roads are clear, get up here in the morning
Old 24-03-2013

Cheers to all involved for a really enjoyable days 2wd racing. Despite the man upstairs best efforts to stop us getting there, it was a rare treat to see Louth up-and-comer Mitch Fiddling bump up eleven places and find himself standing on the rostrum with some of the off-road royalty!

Thanks also to Mr Oople for letting me have a play with his quadcopter. Great fun!!

kind regards

Julian Beckett
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0184.jpg (219.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 24-03-2013

It was a great weekend and all the Scottish lads had a great time.
Thanks to muzzy, James and the rest of the Worksop guys.
We will be back next year.
Well worth the trip.
Old 24-03-2013

Absolutely huge thumbs up to Muzzy, James and everyone else involved with the running of Worksop meetings, run perfectly as always. I think maybe the Players came a bit late this year, with drivers about ready for outdoors by the time this came around. Although this weekend the weather wasn't great, I think most had geared themselves towards astro practice.

Despite the disappointing turnout, the meeting was EPIC in every way and thoroughly enjoyable. Once we got our head around the thoroughly crazy bump up'ness, I thought it was really rather ace, good work guys!

I trust the winner of the dash for cash enjoyed my Cougar hub donation? You're welcome.
Old 24-03-2013
BANNED

The bump up business was ace, but where are my crackers?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 24-03-2013
Mad Member

Yip, thanks to all involved. Really worth the trip from Scotland in crap conditions. Great meeting and will be back next year.

Cheers
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 25-03-2013

Cheers to everyone who ran and arranged this meeting. I really enjoyed the racing and the 5 hour drive down was worth it. The bump up format was great, once you got your head round how it works, and I think it was so succesful the format will become more popular in the future. Will definetely be back down for more racing. Thanks again folks for a great meeting.
Old 25-03-2013
BANNED

Bump-ups were ace, Invernational Fourteen?
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 25-03-2013
Mad Member

Bump-ups were good fun. I bumped up in the 4wd and my car was cookin!
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097