Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 17-10-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser
Default Aluminum option hubs

Sorry if this is a dumb question but here goes.
I am currently running the stock kit rear hub carriers and find that everything is running nicely and the car is handling well, however I notice there is an option for either 0.5 degree or 1 degree aluminum hubs. I was wondering what effect these hubs will have on the cars handling. The Hotbodies website gives no details as to what the actual benefits of this option part would be and what type of track it is best suited to. Any help much appreciated.
Old 17-10-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

gives more outboard toe in
Old 17-10-2007

Go on then Mark I'll stick my head on the block and risk incurring your wrath, but would it not be reduced inboard toe in? If your presetting the toe at the blocks I thought it would mean you could run less inboard toe, i.e. a narrower rear toe block, but achieve the same overall toe in?
Old 17-10-2007

I think...in laymans terms....it points the front of your tyres inwards a little more....the higher the degree...the more inward pointing you get.

What effect this has on handling I don't know mate!

Nice baps.

Old 18-10-2007

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but here goes.
I am currently running the stock kit rear hub carriers and find that everything is running nicely and the car is handling well, however I notice there is an option for either 0.5 degree or 1 degree aluminum hubs. I was wondering what effect these hubs will have on the cars handling. The Hotbodies website gives no details as to what the actual benefits of this option part would be and what type of track it is best suited to. Any help much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramey View Post
Go on then Mark I'll stick my head on the block and risk incurring your wrath, but would it not be reduced inboard toe in? If your presetting the toe at the blocks I thought it would mean you could run less inboard toe, i.e. a narrower rear toe block, but achieve the same overall toe in?
he is asking about the hubs, not blocks, ie where the wheel bearings are, that will alter outboard toe in/out, altering the inboard suspension mounts will alter inboard toe in/out.

he asks about these

#61512 - ALUMINIUM REAR HUB CARRIER (0.5Degrees/Purple) Option rear hub carriers for the Cyclone D4 allow you to subtely alter the suspension characteristics for the car, giving you extra opportunities...

#61513 - ALUMINIUM REAR HUB CARRIER (1Degrees/Purple) Option rear hub carriers for the Cyclone D4 allow you to subtely alter the suspension characteristics for the car, giving you extra opportunities...

not these
#61463 - REAR SUSPENSION BLOCK (2.5 Degrees/Aluminium/Black) Optional rear suspension blocks for the Cyclone D4 allow you to alter the inboard toe at the rear of the buggy, giving you more tuning options...

what effect can be seen here http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=inboard

in inboard blocks alter inboard toe in/out and the outboard alter outboard.

runing the .5 out board on std inboard blocks will give you 3.5 toe in
hope that makes it clear
running the 2.5 inboard blocks and .5 rear hubs will give a longer wheel base and 3 deg toe in
Old 18-10-2007

I run the D4 and i have put the 2.5 rear inboard blocks on, enabling me to run the 0.5 outboard hubs. I have noticed very little difference in the handling. It has improved the strength on the rear outboard, as i did break a few of the ball studs out of the plastic hubs.
Hope this helps
Old 18-10-2007

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

Thanks all, great info. As soon as the postmen have decided to go back to work I will placing a little order at Apex.