Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 05-12-2011

Personally I wouldn't expect it to be free, just out the way of regulars/experienced drivers would be good to learn the ropes as it where, without the additional threat of clashing with others drivers, not only damaging our own cars but theirs also, as the speed most of the regulars achieve is considerably higher than those I'm capable of.

I believe someone has asked about costs etc to help spread the costs, so the request was never for free time as that doesn't do the club any favours, as wear and tear need to be taken account of.

Ebay Feedback http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/chrisfoster1971
Old 05-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfoster1971 View Post
Personally I wouldn't expect it to be free, just out the way of regulars/experienced drivers would be good to learn the ropes as it where, without the additional threat of clashing with others drivers, not only damaging our own cars but theirs also, as the speed most of the regulars achieve is considerably higher than those I'm capable of.

I believe someone has asked about costs etc to help spread the costs, so the request was never for free time as that doesn't do the club any favours, as wear and tear need to be taken account of.
The point is no one, no matter how experienced they are now hired out a club hall to get extra practice, they / we just raced as much as possible or went down to the local park or car park and practiced till it was too dark to carry on!

As far as I can see the only way you will get to practice on your own terms is to buy an on road car and go to Ardent racing. They are open a good few times in the week. Unfortunately they wont entertain off road cars on their carpet. (in my experience on road is the best way to improve driving as it's just you and the car, no ramps etc to worry about)

I didn't say you wanted it free, I said I'd BET a FREE nights racing no club would do what you are asking for

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696