Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 19-03-2014

Default Help for a newb building a SV2

I have just started my build and im stuck with shock oil weights having no idea where to start. Im in the north west so maybe hope to get to southport or bury metro. Does anyone have advice on what wt to start/build with.

Also would a Spektrum s6020 servo be ok for a beginner on a budget?
Old 19-03-2014

35wt is as per the manual
Old 19-03-2014

Hi mate,

I race at both Bury Metro and Southport and used to run the SV2. Most people tend to change the kit shock pistons as the rear 6 hole pistons in particular make the rear suspension very soft. I used to run the 3hole pistons all round and found it better.
If you are to use the standard pistons however try 32.5wt oil in the rear with the 6 hole pistons to compensate for the extra holes. On the front try 37.5 or 40wt oil and you won't be far off at Bury and Southport.

Chris
Old 19-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
Hi mate,

I race at both Bury Metro and Southport and used to run the SV2. Most people tend to change the kit shock pistons as the rear 6 hole pistons in particular make the rear suspension very soft. I used to run the 3hole pistons all round and found it better.
If you are to use the standard pistons however try 32.5wt oil in the rear with the 6 hole pistons to compensate for the extra holes. On the front try 37.5 or 40wt oil and you won't be far off at Bury and Southport.

Chris

Thats a great help... thank you.
Old 24-03-2014

I run 25 in the front and 30 in the rear in the winter as the oil thickens in the cold and 30 in the front and 35 in the rear in the summer. 4 hole pistons also in both winter and summer. I have quite a light car though as it has the S1 chassis on it. Hope this helped