Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 11-03-2014

Default Schumacher SCT

After Schumacher taking the 2wd SCT race at Motorama 2014 who would buy one if it came out tomorrow.

For myself, I would be more then a maybe, perhaps if enough interested they might get it kitted.
Old 11-03-2014

Found a picture of Tom Cockerill's Schumacher SCT here

http://www.rcsoup.com/2014/02/motora...event-recap/2/

New builds
1x Procat (Fibre-Lyte chassis), 1x Shotgun

Runners
Supastox, Tamiya TA03F
Old 12-03-2014

I'd be interested, often wondered why they hadn't produced one.
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

I'd be interested in one !
But it's such a very small market item, nowhere near the volume of pretential sales as a 2wd or 4wd chassis.
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
I'd be interested in one !
But it's such a very small market item, nowhere near the volume of pretential sales as a 2wd or 4wd chassis.
Perhaps in the UK, but in the US (where they seem to be on the mission to expand their business) it might actually prove interesting - what I've been told it's much bigger there (not amongst the hardcore racers, but it may be interesting nonetheless).

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

Personally i would rather truck racing, like the associated t4.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 13-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Personally i would rather truck racing, like the associated t4.
I think it's a real shame that Stadium Truck racing is pretty much dead in the UK now. I raced an RC10T3 for many years along side my B3, and was always such a fun and exciting class to race. The cars were stable, fast, quiet and jumped well. I just can't see the appeal of Short Course, they seem clumsy, they rattle and pretty much impossible to control.

If stadiums were to make a come back to the point where there are 20/30 drivers at a meeting, that would be awesome! I was surprised when I got back into RC a few years ago that Stadiums had died completely. 1/10th Nitro Stadiums seemed to have a massive following! But now they're nowhere to be seen.
Old 13-03-2014
oOple Advertiser

Well I would buy a few straight away but I think we will have to wait until the 2015 season.

Short Course can grow in the uk, it just needs a few people to make the bold step. A year and a half ago I bought one for my son and he took it to York and was the only truck there. However a few people got behind it and we now have a separate championship and quite often have two full heats. Not bad for just a Saturday night.

When Schumacher bring this car to the market I think SC will grow further as the youngsters can really relate to it.
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomConflict View Post
I think it's a real shame that Stadium Truck racing is pretty much dead in the UK now. I raced an RC10T3 for many years along side my B3, and was always such a fun and exciting class to race. The cars were stable, fast, quiet and jumped well. I just can't see the appeal of Short Course, they seem clumsy, they rattle and pretty much impossible to control.

If stadiums were to make a come back to the point where there are 20/30 drivers at a meeting, that would be awesome! I was surprised when I got back into RC a few years ago that Stadiums had died completely. 1/10th Nitro Stadiums seemed to have a massive following! But now they're nowhere to be seen.
Totally agree, sc is really crap, saw them at worksop one year, so clumsy, so rubbish. Stadium trucks ! Come on!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomConflict View Post

ST class has been available at SCT national events for 2 seasons and open again this year, there is the opportunity just no takers... apart from 2 heats at Broxtowe SCT National last year every other meeting had no entries

Disagree with your opinion on SCT racing, its actually cleaner driving than buggy heats at national meetings, cars handle very well, they have characteristics but a hell of a lot more downforce than a buggy and since last year have proper suitable tyres, the 4WD's are quickest 1/10th cars out there, like group B rallying equivalent in the r/c world! with the right driver they can p*ss on 4WD buggies lap times on some tracks with 550 4 pole motors

Unfortunately a joke heat of 14 trucks crashing and bashing at Worksop indoors and Ardent winter series in front of a large crowd a few years ago in the beginning of SCT's seriously harmed the reputation of UK SCT racing and put off a large number of potential drivers
Old 13-03-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

For me, once they started loading the SC class up with plenty of grip kinda spoiled it all, as although Short Course have plenty of power, they are sideways, whereas with full on pins etc, the only challenge is not rolling them over on the corners.
Old 13-03-2014

the schuey sct is a associated sct married to a sv2
Old 13-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee24h View Post
the schuey sct is a associated sct married to a sv2
Please elaborate ?
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 13-03-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

I would guess he means that they made a longer Schumacher chassis, used their gearbox and attached AE SC10 wishbones on....
Old 13-03-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
ST class has been available at SCT national events for 2 seasons and open again this year, there is the opportunity just no takers... apart from 2 heats at Broxtowe SCT National last year every other meeting had no entries

Disagree with your opinion on SCT racing, its actually cleaner driving than buggy heats at national meetings, cars handle very well, they have characteristics but a hell of a lot more downforce than a buggy and since last year have proper suitable tyres, the 4WD's are quickest 1/10th cars out there, like group B rallying equivalent in the r/c world! with the right driver they can p*ss on 4WD buggies lap times on some tracks with 550 4 pole motors

Unfortunately a joke heat of 14 trucks crashing and bashing at Worksop indoors and Ardent winter series in front of a large crowd a few years ago in the beginning of SCT's seriously harmed the reputation of UK SCT racing and put off a large number of potential drivers
I heard that Worksop meeting mentioned before and it sounded like a joke.

As you said if Stadium Trucks are so great why such little interest?

However I would love to see a control tyre for SC that had no grip!
Old 13-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Please elaborate ?
Literally sct wishbones and the plastic bumpers/bodymounts
On a sv2 not even sure of a longer chassis tbh
Come to silverstone you more n likely ull see it some time
Its a bit of fun
Old 14-03-2014
Mad Member

having raced a stadium truck many years ago when they were popular i can testify to just how much fun they are and just how much of a crime it is that they are not popular over here, i think part of the reason for this is that the bulk of any truck in-doors is a bit too much for many clubs to handle in the close confines of youth centers and gym halls.

http://events.redrc.net/2014/03/chas...son-wernimont/

The link there gives some info and a screen shot of Carson Wernimonts prototype schumacher SCT, no off body shots allowed unfortunately, but it does mention that its based off the KF
hopefully with Schumacher entering the SCT market, interest in the class in the UK will pick up as any truck racing really is great fun
Old 14-03-2014
Mad Member

Seaham stadium truck beat sounds good!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
Old 14-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Seaham stadium truck beat sounds good!
ran my stadium truck for a few laps round dynamix at last years regional and it was epic, even in RM

worked quite well at seaham as well even with the wrong tires
if we could get 4 or more trucks thats enough to justify a heat
Old 15-03-2014

After reading some of the negative comments towards sc racing I can see why we struggle to gain more drivers in this sport,I've been to many a race meeting and seen buggies driven to the same standards...badly!...
As I've been racing the sc nationals for 3 years now and I love this sport,I've raced the northwest buggy regionals a few years back and the racing was very costly and intense..with drivers baying for blood if the got took off the racing line..now I race sc instead,it doesnt cost a fortune-tyres last for ages-you don't need the latest stuff to be competitive and best off all there's new younger drivers coming through...and to say there easier to drive..come to a national and see how you fare..
So to say sc is crap is wrong,I could say 1/5 scale off road racing is crap as I've seen them at a demo race near me...but the track was too small,no jumps,boring layout...I'm sure if I saw them at a national event the Appel would be much different.
In the end this sport needs us to buy this stuff,it keeps the model shops open,it keeps the clubs running and it also makes us buy different classes if cars...I did and now I've got a buggy again to race..it also opens manufactures eyes to different things which does convey over to other cars.
So if you've got a stadium truck and non of your clubs are racing them..come to the sc nationals we've got a heat running for you...
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...