Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Old 22-02-2006

Default fuji s7000 cant get good pics please help

im having problems taking good quality action shots with my fuju film s7000 ass i seem to get is a blur

i have set my iso to 800 (the cameras max) at 3 mp quality bought a 2x zoom lens and still no joy its driving me nuts

anyone got any ideas as to what im doing wrong

thanks in advance
simon dawson
Old 23-02-2006
Administrator

Light is the main thing, where abouts are you taking photos ? You WILL find it a lot better when summer is upon us and there is a bit of sun.

If you are talking about indoors, you CAN get ok shots, but its gonna be very hard, let me know if thats the case and I'll try and help where I can.

I had a 6900 which is the first generation of your camera, the auto focus was too slow to follow any cars so pre-focusing was the only way.. there is also a slight shutter lag, where you press the button to when it takes the photo - So, for a panning shot you really need to keep moving through the photo.

Post a couple of examples up if you can mate so we can have a look and see whats going on.
Old 23-02-2006

here are a few from the indoor gp with the problem im having

Old 23-02-2006
Administrator

Hmmmm.
indoors and bad lighting, getting the shutter speed up is a factor in your blurry photos.. You should still be able to get some nice panning shots if the car isnt moving toward you or too erraticly.
With my camera indoors at 1600iso I would usually still struggle to take a photo without moving the camera at all, You really need to be moving with the car(s) to keep them from blurring.

This is the sort of thing I mean, ive somehow managed to move in time with that first car (and not the 2nd). lighting in there was really bad.

You can try using the flash also.
Im no flash expert and im still learning to use it.. I'm used to seeing flash shots where the car might be over exposed and the background is totally black. Which looks rubbish ofcourse.

Probably the best way to use the flash is in fully Manual mode, where you can control both the Shutter speed AND Aperture at the same time.
If you can set the shutter speed to something like 1/250th and the Aperture to the biggest it will go (F2.8 ?? or lowest number).

The big aperture controls the background / ambient light, bigger aperture will make it brighter.
You need to be fairly close to use the flash, especially the built in one on your camera as they dont have the power to light things further away.

Using the flash is a bit more complicated than I ever thought, its a balance between the flash power, the available light and your shutter / aperture settings.
Old 23-02-2006

thanks for the tips i will be trying them out tomorrow at the club and report back.

i will post some of my pics on saturday and if possible you can leave some feedback

thanks again

simon