Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 17-06-2009

nice job kash some quality pictures there
Old 17-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

Wow Kash your very talented, you took a picture of your own car

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3949480...7619840856468/

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 17-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Kash

Don't ever say Men can't multi-task
Old 18-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Gemma

ha ha!! Whatever Kash

You'll either love me or hate me!

Old 21-06-2009
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

as a person who as give his time to ref at these events and take the stick people give to me all should be forgotten now BUT PEOPLE PLESE UNDERSTAND WE DO THIS TO HELP AND WE CAN NOT SEE 100% OF CARS TRACK MARSHALS ALL OF THE TIME SO PLEASE BE CURTIOUS TO US

now lets big up the track 1 more word awsome
Old 21-06-2009
Lee-Mag

I think this is what people don't realise, the refs generally only watch the faster cars in the heat maybe the top 5 max, they cannot do it all and neither could you.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-06-2009
Mad Member

Well i applaud the refs and think they've done a great job this year. In my 4wd final at RHR I got taken out over the jump and went from 2nd to 8th and the ref never said a word. Obviously he never seen it and I accepted that at the time. I didn't shout and scream because I really appreciate all the time and effort the refs have put in this year and I think on the whole they've done brilliantly.

I Think we should have a zero tollerance approach to back chatting refs. Just like they do in rugby. Anyone who mouths off should get a penalty. Persistant offences should result in penalties being carried over to the next race meeting...
Old 21-06-2009
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I think this is what people don't realise, the refs generally only watch the faster cars in the heat maybe the top 5 max, they cannot do it all and neither could you.

lee i know i cant do it as ive refed at the last 2 regionals and last season regionals

but i can onestly say i give it my best and most people reaaly thank me for it
Old 22-06-2009

This has got to stop on public forums it has been said once at Jarrow and it is being said again if you have something to say about an issue you have about some one or away something could be improved then email the North East Rep and not do it on oople. In the end the north east committee may come up with a penalty for this to stop all the which could lead to you missing a meeting. In the end we are running a regional series if you pi** off every club we will not have a regional series to run in. It has already happened once so far this year where a club has pulled out and we don't want it happening again.
Old 22-06-2009
Mad Member

In all seriousness guys Steve is right.

I read the threads at the time on one of your previous regionals (NRX or something I thnk) and those poor buggers got a hell of a pasting and now there is an obvious issue with the events at Blyth. I was at Blyth on Saturday and thought the whole event was managed well by the people involved and they should be appluded.

If I have an issue with anything in the Mid-West then I speak to Tom Yardy or Stu Whyman, there is no need to discuss elsewhere as I have faith in the VOLUNTEERS that help run my region.

Have trust in your own infrastructure and approch the right people to get solutions otherwise the negative feelings will carry on to the next event and remember, good clubs are hard to come by.
Old 23-06-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
In all seriousness guys Steve is right.

I read the threads at the time on one of your previous regionals (NRX or something I thnk) and those poor buggers got a hell of a pasting and now there is an obvious issue with the events at Blyth. I was at Blyth on Saturday and thought the whole event was managed well by the people involved and they should be appluded.

If I have an issue with anything in the Mid-West then I speak to Tom Yardy or Stu Whyman, there is no need to discuss elsewhere as I have faith in the VOLUNTEERS that help run my region.

Have trust in your own infrastructure and approch the right people to get solutions otherwise the negative feelings will carry on to the next event and remember, good clubs are hard to come by.
Spot on Andy.
Forums are not the place for people to let off steam when it comes to things like this, can you imagine a new racer reading this and thinking about joining in the NE regionals, it may put some people off (apart from stampedeVXR, he is hard as nails )

Dave, i am not condoning any swearing, threats etc whether they are aimed at a ref or a fellow racer, i would never shout/ abuse a ref, i have done it myself several times and it is not easy and you do miss things.

One thing that i do find really bad is that it wasn't young kids that don't know any better, these were guys that should be a bit more mature, especially with their Official BRCA titles

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Errr i think theres only one person havin a little moan about this regional?? Am i right?
Ben, my point being there is too much bickering going on. We race to have fun. We come on this site for a bit of fun. Reading some of the comments being posted on here after each regional is not fun!

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Errr i think theres only one person havin a little moan about this regional?? Am i right?
No Ben, Im going to have a moan aswell.

I couldnt make it to the regional, and Im gutted............. ok moan over. Glad everyone had a good weekend though.
Old 23-06-2009
Mad Member

this is the first chance i'v had to post any comments on the regional (so here goes)

first of all a big welldone to everyone involved in this track.
i haven't raced that much as of late so i don't know many track that are around today' but i do think i have plenty of expereince to pass comment on this one:
i think the people involved have built one of if not the best track in the uk atm welldone.
the best way to explain how much i enjoyed the track & weekend i have a new found enthusiasm for racing again just don't tell the wife

now as for ref's i have ref'd lots of races over the years and it's not easy.
i was in heat 2 of 4wd and i was a little bit quicker than the people in my heat, but after the heat i had to thank the guy's ref'ing my heat as they did a great job.
just remember guy's if you think the ref's arn't doing the job to your standards it's simple get of your arse and do it yourself for just one round.
don't forget when we've all finished our race our marshilling, and we go back to our tents, and finish p*#sing around with our cars for an hour, and we go back out to race the same people are back up there before us.
so please before you open your mouth just take a moment to think about the time there wasting helping us out to make our weekend that little bit better.

so i made it round to thank most people on the day, but i missed one or two thankyou all for a great track and a great weekend and i look forward to the next race meeting that i can get to at rhr.

oh just one small moan can you move it a hundred miles north please
oh by the way northy can you book me in for batley please