Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 18-06-2008
BANNED

I often find a partially changed track more hard work than a brand new one. I keep reverting back to the lines from the previous day – like some kind of retarded fool. There suddenly are no bumps where there were, and vice versa.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 18-06-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Definatley agree with ya there stu. I think for all of practice and the first round on sunday, i kept driving into one of the pipes because i had got so used to taking the same line the previous day. As you say like some ReTaRd!!
Old 18-06-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Julie View Post
Hi everyone,

I have just read all the posts re York Regional (sad i know), but wanted to get a clear picture of what everyone was going on about and the main thing i think needs to happen, both on oOple and every other forum, is that people need to read what they type before they send it (i have read and re-typed this loads of times so as not to come across as a cow). Some of these posts about York Regional sound harsh and it is not deserved.

I know that the track was altered 'enough' for the Sunday as i had to wait ages for my tea while everyone pitched in to help change it.

Please can everyone just calm down and give constructive comments when required as after everyone has put in over 100% in putting on a regional or any racing event it is very dis-heartening when people dive in feet first about small things that, although matter, are not essential.

Thanks everyone

Julie

Id say. Ya all jus got told!!!
Old 18-06-2008
Mad Member

Well i'd say that if i had spent hours organising an event, hours building the track, tweeking it/modifying it, then dismantling it I would be happy with a few comments from other people suggesting possible improvements. That way in the future I could make events even more successfull than they already were.

I agree with julie's comments and think people should think before they type. However Graham made a great point about how people interpret comments differently.

I can only say my original comments were not meant to offend anyone at york and they were my personal opinions of the whole weekend. I opened my comments thanking everyone at york for a good weekend. I still dont know how me trying to leave constructive feedback was recieved so negatively...
Old 18-06-2008

Send a message via MSN to gazbaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Julie View Post
Sorry, just thought of more:

If we aren't careful clubs will end up not being able to hold a regional because the people involved in setting it up will have 'had enough' of harsh, unjustified comments and refuse to do it next time.

Think everyone needs to be aware of that before they fire comments out (this applies to every club, not just York - everyone tries and does their best).

Jx
I quite agree Julie
Take last year, teesside ran an outdoor regional at preston park as you know,
3 people set the track up sorted the rostrum plus fetched and sorted things out on the very rainy friday, and the negertive comments that was going round just about finished me off as for this year i've been involved alittle but i aint pulling my puds out anymore, i personaly think that Clubs
work very hard to try and please people and put a good day/weekend on for them, i think every club should get respect off every1 that attends and races because as you know its not easy.
gaz
Old 18-06-2008
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

all to true, we should be thankfull for what we have and enjoy the meetings not look for things that ( could have been been better ) because once the season is over we are all going to moan because it is over , hats off to all the organisers be it regional/club meeting or even fun day because without them we wouldnt have these venues.
Neil..
Old 18-06-2008
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I liked preston park last year...
Old 18-06-2008
oOple Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I liked preston park last year...
preston park was awsome with those natural bumps
Old 19-06-2008
Lee-Mag

I liked preston park too, it was my best result to date (off road)

Will it be at the same venue again this year?

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 19-06-2008
Mad Member

preston park is a cool venue
Old 19-06-2008
Mad Member

I liked Preston Park last year, but my Cat 2000 didnt. The straight was deceptive, the CAT got forced out wide, and came back with a broken leg.
Old 19-06-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

I liked preston park.:thum bsup:
Old 19-06-2008

aye it was good what i seen. But i never got to race is as mr bell snoored all nite and i had no sleep. Then just as i was drifftin of at around 7am some one put a genny a foot away from my tent ... yes i was ragein and went home lol .
Old 19-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

It is back at preston park again, im hoping it will be good.
Old 19-06-2008
oOple Contributor

i cant go
Old 19-06-2008

Did anybody find a pair of glasses at York regional in a dark blue case.
Lost mine somewhere in a Wally moment.
Old 19-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Did anybody find a pair of glasses at York regional in a dark blue case.
Lost mine somewhere in a Wally moment.
Will check if your glasses were handed in to race control on saturday nights club night for you
Old 20-06-2008

Thanks Mike
Old 20-06-2008

Any pictures from the york comp, looking foward to seeing the pred in action
Old 21-06-2008
Mad Member

Im sick of reading the aftermath of an event these days. If its not somebody slagging off another its somebody slagging off a track or the carpet or the grass or whatever. I can feel a massive divide between the North and the South (North east region). I love to mingle and ask for ideas from all kinds of people cos im the talkative type. Sometimes i feel that this hobby is getting much too clicky.(not sure of correct spelling.) At times its like bloody golf, which is what i dont like about it! If your not from our club then dont talk. Oople is great for sharing information but sometimes its wasted for crap that people write normally after a competition.
At the end of the day we are all nerds and geeks in a kind of way and its obvious that sometimes people cant get along but why not try to bite our lips(probably a bit rich coming from me!)and try to just enjoy what we do together. Its easy to write stuff about people when sat behind a screen, but like i have said, lets be friends together!
Other regions will be reading this stuff and thinking we are all a bunch of muppets when in fact we are probably the strongest region in off road.
Sorry for rant but im sick of it!