Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 28-10-2017

Default Schumacher Cactus Tyres on Astro?

Hi All,

I know they are listed as for carpet, but has anyone tried Schumacher Cactus tyres on astro?

If so how did you get on?

Thanks!
Old 28-10-2017
Mad Member

On dry, clean, fairly short pile, I found them pretty good. At least as good as the darts I was running. Further testing is definitely on the cards.

I’ve not run them enough to comment on wear rate but if it’s comparable to carpet running then it will be a huge improvement on Darts (which I’m finding are optimal for about 1.5-2 runs only in most cases).
Old 28-10-2017

I ran them at Herts last weekend and they were very good. mostly because I only had scrubbed darts with me as an alternative, and the cactus were much better all around.
by the end of the meeting, quite a few were on the cactus including the winner of the meeting.

though did find that as they started to wear, cutting the outer angled spikes off stopped the car suddenly spitting me out of the corner.
Old 28-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by richm View Post
I ran them at Herts last weekend and they were very good. mostly because I only had scrubbed darts with me as an alternative, and the cactus were much better all around.
by the end of the meeting, quite a few were on the cactus including the winner of the meeting.

though did find that as they started to wear, cutting the outer angled spikes off stopped the car suddenly spitting me out of the corner.
Thanks Richm,

I was at Herts too last Sunday, running Darts....!
The Cactus tyre seems a popular choice indoor but didn't know about astro.........

The track shop sells them so I 'll probably give them a go next time.