Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 16-10-2013

Default UMW705 / 706 / 707

Hi guys,
I am having issues with these hangers.
I get different toe readings from side to side whatever I do...
With stock plastic hangers I have 3 degree toe in each side.
With either both (in stock B-out configuration that for the record means putting one of the inserts in each hanger upside down to get the hole outwards on both sides since they are all molded the same way) or with only the front (705) or only the rear hanger (707 since I run it mm configured) I get strange readings... 2.5 degrees on one side, 2 on the other, or almost 3 on one side and 3.5 on the other.
Has any one else seen this issue or even thought about checking? I even had the rear one replaced but also the new one gives the same side to side differences.
Has the company that makes these for K. had a bad batch? this is not at all up to the Q standard I am getting use to from K...
BTW, my setup station is used for other brand cars and has always showed correct, I have not had this issue ever before on any other car or brand.
To make sure I was not dreaming or doing something wrong I had a friend of mine check his car which only has the fron umw705 hanger on, same differences... Different toe readings for the left and right side there as well and for the record, he used his own setup station for measuring.
Then I tried to look at a picture of Tebos car from the WC, neo has a picture taken from above. And looking at this picture it really looks like he has two different rear toe's as well... might be angle of course but it sure looks like it...
If that was the case for him it shows that the car is capable, in his hands to become World Champion even with different toe angles from side to side which is excellent of course and says a whole lot about how brilliant the rest of the car is nevertheless this issue is extremely annoying and as mentioned nothing I have experienced before... I cannot get the toe readings to match exactly even by using different inserts, it ends up showing something in between which ever way I try (and of course is no real solution anyway, especially given the cost of these parts). I guess this can be the reason why the car will not track 100% correct down the straights either...

Has anyone else experienced this with these part numbers? Has anyone else actually measured toe angles using a setup station and can confirm they get bang on readings, or different readings from side to side?

The friend of mine I mention went on buying exotek hangers without inserts to replace the stock plastic ones and they are bang on but of coruse you cannot easily alter track width and toe with those...