Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 23-05-2017

Exclamation LC EMB1 Hardcase lipo options..

So I presume all good micro racers are up to date now with hardcase lipo's as per BRCA rules..

What's everyone using? What are the options? Tell me we have a choice!
Old 23-05-2017

one option must be to use your mates lipos............
Old 23-05-2017

I get inundated with options like that because I race with a good bunch - but it seems we have a rule to comply with, and very few options.. kind of like it's a monopoly backed by the BRCA.. I'm sure that's not the case - but finding it hard (there's a pun in there somewhere) to find what we need..

Is it Vampire & Intellect only? Gens Ace disappeared and they don't even reply to questions regarding them..

Micro was a cheap class, enjoyed by the masses, kids too and positively encouraged for the fact you could be racing cheaply.

Anyhow, I'll be racing next week - I'll need a some charged lipo's Wyn! I'll bring my car and radio
Old 23-05-2017

lucky I've got some spare packs then...

It's a serious issue you raise though.

w
Old 24-05-2017

especially when there arent any hardcase packs that actually fit your car...... oh and the quality on nimh cells isnt good either, they dont last long before needing to meet the bin
Old 27-05-2017

Does this class still have a decent following? Only there seems to be very little response, suggestions or discussion regarding what people are using.
Old 04-06-2017
Mad Member

my son and myself use 5 x vampire vr-1025 2000mah hard case, 5 x vampire vr-1013 1800mah hard case and we also use ip 1600mah hard case mfg# ip-(40c)cc2s1600

all fit the carisma gtb, losi mini 8ight and lc emb1 perfectly, even with full weight kit fitted on gtb
Old 07-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoolaa View Post
my son and myself use 5 x vampire vr-1025 2000mah hard case, 5 x vampire vr-1013 1800mah hard case and we also use ip 1600mah hard case mfg# ip-(40c)cc2s1600

all fit the carisma gtb, losi mini 8ight and lc emb1 perfectly, even with full weight kit fitted on gtb
Such a vast difference in cost for these compared to what has been enjoyed by micro racers for some years now..

I expect more racers will race with the minimum number of packs they think they can get away with, therefore charging track side, at higher currents to ensure they're charged etc. I'm not sure this will make things safer when looking at it from a different perspective than can it get punctured / physically damaged.

Incidentally, I couldn't find any on the BRCA electric board lists. Quite a bit of a different approach to 1/10..
Old 07-06-2017

[QUOTE=Dazzler;974007

Incidentally, I couldn't find any on the BRCA electric board lists. Quite a bit of a different approach to 1/10..[/QUOTE]

There isn't a list for micro.
They do not have to be approved by the electric board, they just need to basically be 2S and in a hard case. There isn't a list for 1/8th electric (on road or off road) either as their section's AGM have not voted in the use of an electric board list.
The 1/10th cells have to be on the list for BRCA use as the section has voted in using a list regulated by the EB.
Old 07-06-2017

I've not gone mad then Keith!! That's good to know..

Are CML looking at offering an alternative do you know? Any supplier offerings to keep the class cost effective?
Old 07-06-2017

Not at the moment.
We're looking at it, but the pricing changes massively for a hard case and with the relatively smaller micro market it's difficult.

Last edited by KRob; 07-06-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2017
Mad Member

I've always used hard case lipo's but this new rule is driving racers away from the hobby. Especially when it's £35 for a hard case lipo and £8 for a soft case lipo. Why is a micro hard case lipo dearer than some 1/10th hard case lipo's, At least with a soft case you can see the cell swelling easier than a hard case one and decide to bin it earlier. I know of a club where they have had a 75% decline in members because they implemented the micro hard case rule. Its a shame the lipo's are not subsidised by the people who make these rules for those who are driven away from the hobby by this new rules cost. Let's hope phone companies don't insist on hard case lipo's before they will insure our phones. Lol.
Old 19-12-2017

Another option just released Dec 2017 - performance unknown though

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/1600-2s-...ase-packs.html
Old 04-01-2018

I've got 4 of the hobbyking hardcase, used them for the first time last night and they are great! Plenty of power when compared to my old nanotech 2.2 ones, ran for about 4 mins practice and 6 min race. They fit straight into the lc but if you have the weight kit in the carisma the front weight needs to be modified, fits perfectly without the weight though, I think a few more members from our club will be buying some to 👍👍
Old 02-02-2018

Default Revive 1/16!!

Ahhhhhhh! Why is 1/16 dying!!?? Just when i get one! Lol

I have gotten the intellect hard case lipo (not cheap) but rhey are so cute!!
Old 27-03-2018
Mad Member

its not dead in the south west, still going strong at 4 clubs i know of down here, ive just purchased 4 of the ip 2300hv batteries and they work a treat....

a new club opens in the next month or 2 down devon and it is coming on great and will support all off road and on road classes with a big micro following
Old 27-03-2018

Telford Hot Trax still has a small but dedicated band of 1/16. Why wouldnt you? fast, virtually indestructible, cheap to repair, easy to race indoors (in the warm & dry).

We race on Wed evenings - we've got a Facebook page I'm told.............
Old 12-07-2018
Flora

2200mah 2s 50C would great for 1/14 scale, http://www.gensace.de/gens-ace-2200m...y-for-trx.html
Old 12-07-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

They're not hard case though.