Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 23-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
Clive yes the drive cup wears too. I'd be interested in both of these. How much you looking for for the puck drive?
I shall look at the machining times today.

When you say "both" is that the front and back dive cup of the TM4? I'm hoping that the fixture that I'm making for the gear diff out drives will also allow me to hold the centre shaft of the slipper. With any luck, it may also manage to clamp the out drives of the centre diff.

I'm making a batch of pucks at the minute as I think that they will be common across all applications. I also have some 11.8mm long pins on order so that the pins have a decent engagement in the puck.

I would expect it to work out at £10 or £12 per coupling.
Old 23-09-2014

Hi Clive

To answer your previous question, I can send you my old parts, but i'm more interested with buying the whole new package
Old 23-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfran95220 View Post
Hi Clive

To answer your previous question, I can send you my old parts, but i'm more interested with buying the whole new package

OK, no problem but I will need you to identify which part numbers you require and how many of each. I see a lot of posts from people asking which length of drive shaft they should buy and I don't want that responsibility.
Old 23-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Loynes View Post
I shall look at the machining times today.

When you say "both" is that the front and back dive cup of the TM4? I'm hoping that the fixture that I'm making for the gear diff out drives will also allow me to hold the centre shaft of the slipper. With any luck, it may also manage to clamp the out drives of the centre diff.

I'm making a batch of pucks at the minute as I think that they will be common across all applications. I also have some 11.8mm long pins on order so that the pins have a decent engagement in the puck.

I would expect it to work out at £10 or £12 per coupling.
I meant both the puck and the connecting cup
I shall give you a message when the new car arrives
G Paint
Answer RC
Old 24-09-2014

I have looked at the machining time and can confirm that the price will be £12 per coupling + parts + postage & packaging.

Postage would be tracked and signed for if new parts are involved.
Old 26-09-2014

I have just assembled a pair of "Puck-Drives" for my TC02C drive shafts using some worn out out-drives.

The picture also shows the assembly and dismantling tool that I have made from an odd scrap of aluminium in order to avoid damage to the brass pucks whilst the pins are driven in.

The only problem that I encountered was that the 6mm ball-end on the drive shaft was not true to the drive pin. As a result there was a slight tight spot but after dressing the ball-end with a needle file I then ran the joint in a cordless drill for a couple of minutes and all is fine.

I shall probably give them one run without lubricant to knock off the high spots and then use some graphite loaded penetrating oil on them from there on. The penetrating oil evaporates to just leave the graphite and it also repels water without any greasy mess to attract dust and grime. I intend to do that with the outboard end also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puck Drive.jpg (234.6 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Clive Loynes; 27-09-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 26-09-2014

great !!!!
Old 28-09-2014

First TM2 slipper drive shaft has been assembled without a problem.

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...xtra=#pid11962
Old 28-10-2014

Default Puck-Drives

The brass puck proved not to be hard enough so I am now making them in hardened steel.

Tests on Mike's very worn TM2 slipper out-drive are looking good and having run my TC02C at the weekend, with the puck-drives on the diff out-drives, I can say that there is no sign of wear at all.

I'm using a penetrating oil lubricant that leaves a film of PTFE after the liquid has evaporated. I'm putting this on the UJ's as well. If nothing else it will repel water. Looks like we are racing outdoors until Christmas at Southport.
Old 05-12-2014

This is the worn TM2 slipper cup that has been recovered by fitting the hardened steel puck/blade.

The hefty notch can clearly be seen but the coupling is performing well and not showing any signs of wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MB-TM2-PuckDrive2a.JPG (134.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-12-2014

How much are you selling these for?
Old 05-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
How much are you selling these for?

Hi,

Any future work would be done at £16 per coupling plus postage.

If you provide the worn or new parts, then that is the price to machine the cup and fit the puck/blade to the dog-bone. A new and longer pin is fitted.

It's the same price if you want to assemble it yourself. That way you don't have to send me the drive shaft. But you do have to know what you are doing with a 2lb hammer.

The other end of the drive shaft will probably wear out first. In which case you can swap the puck and pin over to the new one.
Old 16-01-2015

FEEDBACK ON HBI "C-DRIVES"

Hello,
My name is Marcel and I'm Team-C driver in Germany. I'm 21 years old and compete in North Rhine-Westphalia, mainly in the NRW-Offroadcup, 5-Days Langenfeld and the German Championships. I want to give you feedback on the modified drive couplings by Clive. (HBI)

It all started quite simply. I had seen, on the Team-C forum, a couple of his pictures and followed his thread. A short time later I wrote to him and sent him pictures of my worn-out sleeves:
TM4_orig.jpg

After he had given me the OK, I sent him the stuff and 2 weeks later, I got everything back again, repackaged!
Cups_new.jpg

After exact inspection I have installed the new C-Drives and they fit perfectly!
The trick behind this is that you can widen the slot in the sleeve and then cover the drive shaft pins with a C-shaped hardened tool steel blade. This gives more contact surface and the wear of pins / sleeves is zero. The modification has given me more speed and control, because I can drive the car just like the first day I had it. It responds directly to my commands and I can drive so consistently! And I don't need to think about the wear.

The first race is already gone and I am very happy with the difference!
Photos of my TM2v2 and TM4 are on the Team-C forum:
TM2v2_cups.jpg

TM4cups_cut2_10,5mm.jpg

If you have further questions, Clive and I are happy to assist you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TM4_orig.jpg (280.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Cups_new.jpg (246.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg TM2v2_cups.jpg (278.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg TM4cups_cut2_10,5mm.jpg (373.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 19-01-2015

I was told about this thread on Saturday,so today I took my centre shaft out of the TM2 because the pin has severely worn. Having checked the other end,that's just as worn. So I've had to buy a new driveshaft and cup.
Was hoping this could save me some cash but unfortunately not.
TeamC Tco2c Evo
Veteran
Old 20-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
I was told about this thread on Saturday,so today I took my centre shaft out of the TM2 because the pin has severely worn. Having checked the other end,that's just as worn. So I've had to buy a new driveshaft and cup.
Was hoping this could save me some cash but unfortunately not.

LOL

It might do if you send the new shaft and a drive cup to me, as the indications are that if fitted with the C-Drive then it will last all year. The car may be faster too.

I don't know how much of a contribution the notched drive cup makes to the wear of the other end but there is a good bet that the whole thing will stay healthy for a lot longer with the C-Drive fitted. When the CV joint has had it, you can always shift the C-Drive parts over to a new one.

Old 20-01-2015

I've used mine for the last two years now so you can imagine how much ware it has.
When I get my new parts I'm going to take the rubber boots off my 410 driveshafts and try those. Fill them full of grease and see what that does.
I don't run my 410 much and if I do it's mainly indoors anyway.
TeamC Tco2c Evo
Veteran