Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 03-12-2013
Mad Member

i think I'll just buy the buggy chassis and race free. Bit steep for me too.
Old 04-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
i think I'll just buy the buggy chassis and race free. Bit steep for me too.
Depends on how you look at it (the Unlimited package). It is a lot of money in one go - but the benefits are:

- No more subscription
- You get everything in the game (tracks, cars, accessories, motors, ESCs etc)
- You get everything in the game now and in the future

I go through phases with VRC, sometimes I play it all the time (many years ago - 2005!), sometimes I hardly play at all (got kids now), but I know I'll come back to it. So I bought it knowing I'll be back, and that long-term it makes sense, and will work out far cheaper than continually renewing my subscription every year or so.
Old 04-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Depends on how you look at it (the Unlimited package). It is a lot of money in one go - but the benefits are:

- No more subscription
- You get everything in the game (tracks, cars, accessories, motors, ESCs etc)
- You get everything in the game now and in the future

I go through phases with VRC, sometimes I play it all the time (many years ago - 2005!), sometimes I hardly play at all (got kids now), but I know I'll come back to it. So I bought it knowing I'll be back, and that long-term it makes sense, and will work out far cheaper than continually renewing my subscription every year or so.
Your right, I just cant justify the lump so close to christmas
Old 05-12-2013

I believe you still get all tracks cars etc with monthly subscriptions also.. When it is up it goes back to free to play with limitations..
Old 26-12-2013

118th after my 3 attempts on the free 'worlds' race going on at the moment. Pretty lousy TBH.

Really like the game but wow it's difficult to see what the car's doing on that IRC track! Really struggle with the furthest corners but don't like the zoom in view as i want to see more of the track.

www.ModelCarParties.co.uk - Radio Controlled Car Racing Events - Kids Parties, Fetes, Exhibitions etc

www.ElliottsDrivingSchool.co.uk - driving lessons, trailer training, young driving experience (14+). Areas covered include - Huntingdon, Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford and surrounding towns / villages.
Old 27-12-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingben View Post
118th after my 3 attempts on the free 'worlds' race going on at the moment. Pretty lousy TBH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingben View Post

Really like the game but wow it's difficult to see what the car's doing on that IRC track! Really struggle with the furthest corners but don't like the zoom in view as i want to see more of the track.
there is a feature called velocity zoom. I found it really helps. Basically zooms in when car is further away and/or slow moving.
Old 31-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
[CENTER]
there is a feature called velocity zoom. I found it really helps. Basically zooms in when car is further away and/or slow moving.
I'll have to try that Danny.
Is anyone doing the short course series? I tried the nitro buggies but much prefer the electric classes. Think I need to invest in some better hardware, sick of the video card out of memory messages!
Old 11-02-2014

I only have the free membership plus a few extra tracks, bits and bobs. I regularly do the weekly SCT events and I'm often up in the top 25% of the club section. Shame I can't do the same with the "real" buggy, I'm usually in the bottom 25% of that. I must get better one day!
Old 12-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I still can't get the 1/8th buggies to handle ANYTHING like a real buggy, simply no rear stability AT ALL.

Thanks for everybody who has tried to help, begining to think there is something serious I am missing and / or that the game physics are hugely wide of the mark.

Currently considering it a waste of the £40 upgrade fee.

On another note last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I had chance to use VRC, started it up and it took about 12 mins checking and updating then told me it needed to restart the program and took another 10-12 mins. Is that normal? Seriously frustrating when I only get the occassional half hour slot to use it and I spend most of that waiting for it to load then the remainder with the buggy facing in the wrong direction due to a rear end seemingly not attached to the front!!!
Old 12-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I still can't get the 1/8th buggies to handle ANYTHING like a real buggy, simply no rear stability AT ALL.

Thanks for everybody who has tried to help, begining to think there is something serious I am missing and / or that the game physics are hugely wide of the mark.

On another note last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I had chance to use VRC, started it up and it took about 12 mins checking and updating then told me it needed to restart the program and took another 10-12 mins. Is that normal? Seriously frustrating when I only get the occassional half hour slot to use it and I spend most of that waiting for it to load then the remainder with the buggy facing in the wrong direction due to a rear end seemingly not attached to the front!!!
I too just can't get on with the 1/8th nitro buggies. I'm hoping that the 1/10th electric buggys will be released in the near future and that there handling resembles closer to the SC trucks.

It does take a while to start up. I'm running on a laptop which is scraping the minimum requirements and it is frustrating sometimes with the staggered playback and reduced fps rate.
If I had the money I'd invest in some serious hardware to play it
Old 12-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post

Pm me an email address and ill send you my buggy set up. its pretty dialled and easy to drive, even on the slippy tracks
Old 12-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Danny, will definitely do that
Old 28-03-2014

Default Harper Adams on VRC?

Looks like the first of the UK tracks is near to completion on VRC...

http://www.vrcworld.com/series/serie.aspx?id=69

Old 18-09-2014

Default Which package???

I essentially wanna get in some practice - full stop the end, and I don't want to keep spending cash. What is the best value for money VRC PRO package. I ask this coz I am getting back to my racing, and have used VRC to get my fingers dialled back in - I must say that the 1/12 carpet/pan cars are very realistic indeed

BTW - it is 1.8 nitro I want to try out -
Old 19-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheswaran View Post
I essentially wanna get in some practice - full stop the end, and I don't want to keep spending cash. What is the best value for money VRC PRO package. I ask this coz I am getting back to my racing, and have used VRC to get my fingers dialled back in - I must say that the 1/12 carpet/pan cars are very realistic indeed

BTW - it is 1.8 nitro I want to try out -
If you can afford the initial layout, the lifetime subscription works out the cheapest if you continue to play for more than 12 months

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?90

You also need to add the buggy pack

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?101

And you will need the usb adapter if you don't already have one

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?48

If you also want to race the short course mod trucks you will need the off road expansion pack instead of the buggy pack.

Having said all this, if you can make do with SC electric trucks, you can race the 13.5t truck class for free. I tried the 1/8th buggys and I'm not getting to grips with the engine response, much prefer the electric off road.
You also get some tracks free so maybe check this option out before you pay the money.
Old 19-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmurphy View Post
If you can afford the initial layout, the lifetime subscription works out the cheapest if you continue to play for more than 12 months

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?90

You also need to add the buggy pack

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?101
I think actually if you buy the lifetime subscription, you don't need to buy the buggy pack as the subscription is essentially everything forever.
Old 19-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
I think actually if you buy the lifetime subscription, you don't need to buy the buggy pack as the subscription is essentially everything forever.
Yes, Joe I think you maybe correct, my mistake
Old 19-09-2014

Question sorry for being a foolish luddite

In order to do 1/8 buggy's I cannot just get the buggy expansion pack then?
Old 21-09-2014

I only started doing VRC a few weeks ago and already i've noticed an improvement in my real life RC driving.

However on the larger tracks and when there are a lot of cars on the screen my frame rate drops to the point where it's not really enjoyable to play. Turning off the v-sync and reducing the anti aliasing seems to help but again it reduces the quality of the gameplay so I think maybe my PC needs upgrading to get the best out of it.

I'm a bit rubbish with computers and have no idea where to start with this, can someone help?
Old 21-09-2014

Default Try disabling other features

try disabling features on the game that are not essential to the gameplay