Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 27-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
i ran my original cat 2000 a few years ago when i first returned from a 10 year break. it beat most of the cars at the club and handled the bumps lovely! think the drivetrain suffered a little from the extra horsepower compared to '93 with 1700 scr!

get it sorted Nick. Or better still, buy a new 4wd! actually, scrap that, i'd have more chance of keeping up with you running an old car!
I can't be buying anything so it's the Cat 2000EC or nothing i'm afraid, it should be good enough to handle the power...... we were running 11's back with 2400's and later 3000's in the Cat 3k so i'd hope it will survive!

The EC isn't so good on the bumps but then if the track cuts up like the F2's it won't matter anyway as nothing was good there
Old 27-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have e-mailed Keith so will post up the response but i can't see why i won't be an F3 - Unless it only applies for the following year or something daft???

It's annoyed me to be honest as i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on but i was quickly put off the idea when told i was without doubt an F5 and would have no chance of getting in
Old 27-03-2008
oOple Advertiser

Top 15........I wish!!! The highest was I ever got was about 23rd in 4wd one year and 30 somthing in 4wd the following year, 2wd nowhere every year!!! I missed the bit in Nicks post about top 15 and took it that it was a ruling for all ex F1's, but this wont affect me.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 27-03-2008

Default silverstone grass/astro/surface of the moon??

does anyone know what the silverstone tracks gonna be like on the 6th. rumers say some astro/multi surface is planned but whats it gonne be for the regional???????????

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 27-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on
if you just want to enter 2 they would rather have ppl doing all 6 2wd and 4wd, save ppl treking miles for one class and being reserve in the other

Compositekit.co.uk
Trishbits
Old 27-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
I have e-mailed Keith so will post up the response but i can't see why i won't be an F3 - Unless it only applies for the following year or something daft???

It's annoyed me to be honest as i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on but i was quickly put off the idea when told i was without doubt an F5 and would have no chance of getting in
i wonder if this rule change came in after they calculated last years formulas? They usually work out the formulas after the last national so they can take out the F1's and national F2's etc. They may have worked it out before the AGM rule changes, or they may not have been aware of the change which is more likely.

As far as regionals go it will be simple. Just put F3 on your entries or ability 9/10 and they will change you on the system to a higher heat.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 27-03-2008

Default Silverstone

We've been working on the track at Silverstone this week. Due to the usual poor weather we haven't been able to get the new astroturf down in time!! Sorry!!
We're back there again tomorrow to finish the track layout and grass cutting(Yes I said 'GRASS'!), the track will then be rolled flat on Saturday and cut twice more before Sunday 6th April. I'll post some shots of the track for all to see tomorrow. We've moved the main straight over by approx. 6ft, giving us all new fresh grass to run on and increased the length to around 35m with fast sweeping entrance/exit corners.
We have also moved/increased the rest of the track making 10-15% bigger. This has ment with the new layout there are no areas of the track without grass on!
Hope that clears things up a bit?!
Old 28-03-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's been confirmed to me that i am in fact an F3, pheeeew