Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 11-04-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro View Post
Hi after a quick discussion, the use of reverse will not be allowed as other classes.

I will get the rules updated in the morning.

Cheers

Chris
which classes DONT allow it then?
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
Do what you want with your brakes, if you consistently run into the back of people, you run the risk of being removed from the meeting

why? contact is allowed!
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post

In R/C racing reverse is not allowed, simple!... .
Factually incorrect
see my previous post after confirming with the 10th off road chairman and 10th TC chief scruteneer

see i get my facts right before i post!
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

yawn!
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

You are not that factually accurate Mr Christopher...

It is not full contact racing as written in the championship rules... there are penalties for full on take out manouveres, T boning and driving wrong way around track.

Also general rule 1.9 says reverse must be disabled...

End of discussion.
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
You are not that factually accurate Mr Christopher...

It is not full contact racing as written in the championship rules... there are penalties for full on take out manouveres, T boning and driving wrong way around track.

Also general rule 1.9 says reverse must be disabled...

End of discussion.

contact is allowed which was my statment! i never mentioned full contact

nice try but obviously its in the SC rules as it was added, the only electric class to ban reverse!!!!!

unfortunatly mark the rules have been made with out looking whats done in other electric classes

end of discussion for you as you carnt get out of it!
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Would you be interested in having a crossover jump style feature to spice things up and emphasise the fun a bit?
A crossover jump or crossover with a 'bridge'? Not a fan of them myself but don't see a problem so long as visibility of the track isn't affected and there's minimal chance of T-boning another truck.
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

yes Mark, you are right, you are the best and you win, i submit through boredom and risk of putting people off by squabbling like kids!

as said before i'm not that fussed about reverse when it comes down to it... their won't be many 4WD trucks running it, have driven cars with reverse plenty of times and its something that gets forgotten about until a marshal is on the car or makes the brake effort poor...

In the words of Ricky Bobby.. " i wanna go fast" it doesn't mention backwards!

Richard, I was thinking of a crossover using well profiled jumps rather than a bridge... if there is enough air then contact with trucks below should be minimised, although they are all fitted with side impact bars!

would look spectacular, but if its a massive issue with drivers then i don't want to waste time and club funds building the feature for it to be moaned about, It works in the videos i have seen and does allow creative layouts.
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think it depends on how easy it is to clear and the level of the racers. By the looks of it this series is going to attract lots of less experienced people to race, the last thing you want is people struggling to clear it in a controlled way and smashing their trucks up.

How about the style of crossover I've seen used a few times in the US, you have an up ramp and a flat section on the top, then drop off the end onto a small landing ramp? That way you get a bit of air but have the safety of being able to go over it slowly without dropping onto the lane below.
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

That was sort of the plan... if the up ramp/level was a fair height then it will minimise chance of impacts.

Only considering it as we are just reaching final stages of track build and its something that can be put in easily before Astroturf is layed... may take some trial and error to make it useable and look good.

might be more of a headache than its worth but would be more fun than the bridge type and we have a fair amount of SCT's plus at least 3 SCT meetings to cater for this year.

Would like to add some SCT features into the track to give something extra to the class... other idea is a wall of death!
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

A little bit like they had at the back of the Nitro Challenge this year...

No wall of death please, they suck!!!
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
That was sort of the plan... if the up ramp/level was a fair height then it will minimise chance of impacts.

Only considering it as we are just reaching final stages of track build and its something that can be put in easily before Astroturf is layed... may take some trial and error to make it useable and look good.

might be more of a headache than its worth but would be more fun than the bridge type and we have a fair amount of SCT's plus at least 3 SCT meetings to cater for this year.

Would like to add some SCT features into the track to give something extra to the class... other idea is a wall of death!
How about a few whoops?

Something like those at 0:23 secs on that video

Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Is that Whula Whoops or Whoops of fire Shaun?

That track feature looks ok, will be borrowing someone elses SCT to test driving it of race control roof... if it survives then i'll get building!

Agree with walls of death, they look much more impressive then the fun given from driving them... unless its a 20ft high one...

Once saw a XXT drive the full length of an indoor venue on the wall above straight... was by accident and couldn't be replicated but was awesome to see!
Old 11-04-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro View Post
Hi after a quick discussion, the use of reverse will not be allowed as other classes.

I will get the rules updated in the morning.

Cheers

Chris
They never actually said that cars with reverse speedo's were banned from entering, just the USE of reverse.
I think people aren't reading the posts properly.

Its as simple as this...at drivers briefing, the organisers tell everyone that 'reverse should not be used'. If it is used then drivers will get a warning. If it is continuously use throughout the heat/day then the driver will get a penalty. Simple as that....surely? all the reverse speedos have a delay, so you can't use the excuse that it came on imediately.
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
They never actually said that cars with reverse speedo's were banned from entering, just the USE of reverse.
I think people aren't reading the posts properly.

Its as simple as this...at drivers briefing, the organisers tell everyone that 'reverse should not be used'. If it is used then drivers will get a warning. If it is continuously use throughout the heat/day then the driver will get a penalty. Simple as that....surely? all the reverse speedos have a delay, so you can't use the excuse that it came on imediately.
Tel why ban reverse from being used when 10th elec off road BRCA and EFRA dont nor do the 10th elec TC class

i read the post correctly, but as its allowed at Nationals and EFRA why make this class the odd one out?
Old 11-04-2011

[QUOTE=mark christopher;488711]Tel why ban reverse from being used when 10th elec off road BRCA and EFRA dont nor do the 10th elec TC class

You are totally and utterly wrong. As previously mentioned, rule 1.9 1/10th off-road states that reverse must be disabled.

Anyone who has taken 1/10 seriously over the last few years will know that reverse is a definite no-no.
Old 11-04-2011

[QUOTE=TonyM;488717] [QUOTE=mark christopher;488711]Tel why ban reverse from being used when 10th elec off road BRCA and EFRA dont nor do the 10th elec TC class
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
You are totally and utterly wrong. As previously mentioned, rule 1.9 1/10th off-road states that reverse must be disabled.

Anyone who has taken 1/10 seriously over the last few years will know that reverse is a definite no-no.

i have spoke to paul worsley tonight who has told me you can use reverse.
please speak to him......as i have twice tonight

the rules do not have a 1.9 in them

http://www.brca.org/?q=content/110th-electric-road/127 rules here http://www.brca.org/sites/default/fi...off%20road.pdf

you will find that all sections use the main brca "general" rules now

myself and paul would like you to tell us where your getting rule "1.9 tenth off road from", not including the SC rules,were both unsure where you have got this rule from, and im sure Paul will not be wrong.....
Old 11-04-2011

Let's just ban forward and reverse power altogether and have a pit man push our cars around the track!!

Old 11-04-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Let's just ban forward and reverse power altogether and have a pit man push our cars around the track!!
only if 'my man' can run in front with a red flag!
Old 11-04-2011
Mad Member

Everyone using reverse should have a " this vehicle is reversing" speaker fitted for health and safety purposes. Mr Christophers should be read out in all available EU languages to be fair in the rules

Mark seriously... when have you ever seen reverse used in 1/10th onroad or offroad meetings?

it may not be a written rule as you have discovered but its been assumed for years that you don't have reverse in r/c racing... why is it now an issue?

At club level, when a kid turns up for their first meeting... the first time they get stuck in a hose and back up they get mullered by a faster car, and there are damages to either cars... seen it far too many times... plus the frustration when a marshal leaps in front of traffic to rescue a car to have it reverse and throw them into confusion whilst they are dodging traffic and getting in the line of sight for other drivers.

Have a vote on rule at first round briefing and result is decided by those that have shown up, paid and are keen for supporting series enough to turn up to race.