Cheers Lee
Old 19-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
ETA LiPo brace?

Pics of it?

Like this?
Similiar to the above picture (not quite the same) but looks much better (IMHO) ETA is approc 3/4 days now..... Price £TBC

Darren
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-05-2009

I would like to know through your astroturf experience this questions about X6:

As you know next weekend will be Warm-up Euros at Bilbao.
I am not sure but It will be 80% astro-turf and 20% vegetable ground

The control tyre are Schumacher mini spike 2

For the rear tyres what spike file do you recomend to cut? What's the handling diference?

The front tyres are not slim, are U6557,little wider (too much grip?). What spike file do you recomend to cut? What's the handling difference too?

Thanx
Old 22-05-2009
Lee-Mag

Sometimes i will cut the outer row of spikes off the rear tyres if i am getting grip roll. Are those minispikes fronts quoted in the part number? If so then on a dry astro track i will cut upto the inner and outer rows off to tame the front end. I doubt a stagger rib works very well on grass/vegetable ground so i think you would need a spike

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-05-2009

The U6557 is the recomended compound.

Now I realize Mini Spike 2 has not slim type tyre
What Schumacher front tyre do you use at BRCA nationals?
Old 22-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Similiar to the above picture (not quite the same) but looks much better (IMHO) ETA is approc 3/4 days now..... Price £TBC

Darren
First batch of X5 Sq battery straps have been depsatched from the supplier this morning, shgould reach us now either tommorow or monday, pictures will be posted when they reach us.

Confirmed price is £23.99 and it will be available through oursleves and all good X-Factory UK stockists as from the middle of next week.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 22-05-2009
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi View Post
The U6557 is the recomended compound.

Now I realize Mini Spike 2 has not slim type tyre
What Schumacher front tyre do you use at BRCA nationals?
That part number is the yellow minispike, that is what most people would use at the nats. (dry)

I would assume it will be the tyre to use in spain as well, it doesn't rain there does it

I would start with a full front tyre and maybe take the outside row off if there is too much bite and then the inside row if you need too

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-05-2009

Thanks Lee I will try that way.
Old 23-05-2009

Hi guys, I have a question for you regarding the setup of my X6.

Last Wednesday I ran in a local race in the neighbour club, and this was my first time on a dirt track with the X6. I did experience some understeer, but that is probably because I still have too much rear bias on the weight ditribution.

But to my question:

The track is a LAAAAARGE one designed for 1/8 scale cars, and each lap takse about one minute (...) but the issue I had was that on the straight the surface is quite good, but it has some large bumps (some 1-2 m long), which caused the car to start bouncing and if I was too heavy on the throttle, it basically bounced right off the track... I wetched some of the other cars, and they were a lot more planted, and could maintan a higher speed.

One former X-6 driver suggested going down to 20 wt oil in the rear (I am basically running the Ellis setup with AE shocks, using LOSI red pistons in the rear.)

I also though about the fact that before the last race, I limited the down-travel in the rear shocks with 3mm spacers, since I used the original AE driveshafts. Could it be that the reduced droop is what is causing the problems?

I have the finals of this race (the race is dvided in two: qualifying one week, then finals two weeks later ) coming up next week, but I have no chance of getting any practice done, so I thougfh someone in here could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25-05-2009

Oh well, since you guys probably were out racing instead of checking the forum, did I update the setup with 20wt oil in the rear, removed the 3mm down stops (I have the longer axles now) and I also moved the weight forward, so I am currently at 64/36, total weight 1580g

Hope it will be better
Old 26-05-2009
Mad Member

Grelland, the dirt-track set-up is far different from the U.K grass-astro set-up. Different springs, oil & pistons, camber links, even the amount of weight we are running. Check http://www.2wdrc.com/tech/SetupSheets.htm for at least 5 set-ups from 2009 from Kinwald, Griffin, Sinclair, Sava, and Galan.

The first four are all U.S. dirt track set-ups, I think Eduardo's is for dirt with astro on the jumps.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 27-05-2009

Thanks, I will look into this, but bare in mind that the US dirt tracks are far from what we have here in Norway, check out these pics from last years Nats round at my local track....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hopp_kodal.jpg (41.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg kodalstein.jpg (34.2 KB, 94 views)
Old 27-05-2009
#1 ZX5 fan

Is that 2nd picture not the surface of the moon???

Nortech is ACE!
Old 27-05-2009
Lee-Mag

I echo Dan's sentiments entirely, i really wouldn't be disappointed if my car bounced around on half buried rocks. The X6 is one of the best balanced cars around but on tracks like that you really are fighting an uphill battle. The cars were not designed to take punishment like that.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 28-05-2009

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelland View Post
Thanks, I will look into this, but bare in mind that the US dirt tracks are far from what we have here in Norway, check out these pics from last years Nats round at my local track....
Not all US tracks are like you see at the Cactus or Shootout; I've definitely raced on my share of blown out, super-loamy outdoor tracks. I have not had to deal with those rocks though. I would strongly recommend starting with either Brian Kinwald's or Dan Griffin's setups from the set-up page Chazz linked to; the team here in the states has been very successful with those set-ups outdoors, and its very similar to what Stefan and Elvo have been running in Belgium on their dirt tracks. Good luck to you!
Old 28-05-2009

Thanks guys. I will have a go, and update you next week after the race

I also have to say that these pics were for illustration purpose only, it is from my home track, while the race next week is on a different one that is much better maintained.
Old 04-06-2009

Just a short note to say that after changing my setup according to your recommondations, I felt like I was driving a completely new car

I now use Losi shocks, and the car behaved beatutifully, and now I can only blame my driving skills for ending up just ouside the posium last night.

But the car felt extremely planted and stable, especially over the bumpy sections. I even convinced my racing friend here to convert his B4, so that's how good it was

Thanks again guys.

Roy
Old 08-06-2009

Default x5 squared setup

hi

I run my x5 squared at dms model car club which is a very tight high grip track (carpet)(running yellow mini pins), its also completly flat only 2 or 3 jumps with only 1 slippy corner and a few bot dots any ideas on setup wood be great thanks
Old 10-06-2009

Default x5 squared setup

any one ????
Old 10-06-2009

This is how I have been running my car recently outdoors and should be a reasonable start point.

I know the red front spring may seem strange but it is actually pretty easy on the steering with it.

However for indoors maybe the following would help as well if the car is not so good with this set up:

Harder springs front and rear, maybe a silver or green front and a pink/red rear.
Move the shocks out on the wishbones, limit the droop a little.
Front and rear roll bars.

Although this is not a carpet setup I'm sure you can get it somewhere near with this and the above notes.

E.
Attached Files
File Type: doc X5² End set up.doc (69.0 KB, 115 views)