Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 17-09-2012
Mad Member

Hmm, whats this guys name? Dont suppose he is on Tamiyaclub too? Just rings a bell on some nutball i had contact me a while ago to my wanted ads.
Kept me hanging for weeks waiting for him to send pics, and missed a few in that time too, complete fruitloop. Anyhoo, looks a nice haul.

lee
Old 17-09-2012
Mad Member

In any case, id say theres maybe £400 there? Give or take, ill take the Hammer or Cyclone should anybody buy it and want to offload.

lee
Old 17-09-2012
Mad Member

I'd agree with you Lee, I'd say 400-500.

This was on ebay sometime ago with some RC10 bits and NiMH from what I recall.

The car looks pretty intact, but I'd want to see close ups before I would make a purchase.

Naushad
Old 17-09-2012

Always hard to value vintage Yokomo cars.

The wing alone is worth up to £50 on a good day. Wheels and tyres I would say around £50, the 2.2 have dropped in value since JC started producing rims, there is not such a great demand for 2.0 wheels IMHO, 2.2 wheels with the deep offset as used for the 870c are the rarest and hence most expensive to purchase.

The Yokomo looking at it is a standard YZ 10 94 with rear Pavidis arms not that special, but getting rarer these days, the box is a bonus. Again hard to value it but anywhere in the range of £2-300.

The important thing with that Yoke is that the hard to find parts look to be all there, bulkheads, battery posts etc.

If you can get it for around £300 all in I'd go for it, I wouldn't pay more than £400.

Hope this helps.
Old 17-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

His name is Oli. He`s been playing us off against each other so it seems Dan. He had some other used yz10`s in not as nice condition and a few other nip spares. I told him id buy the lot if the price was right. He wanted £940 plus shipping. I told him that was too much and told him i wanted the car pictured one set of tyres and one set of wheels. He told me what he wanted, i said fine send me payment details. Didnt hear for weeks, then he emailed me offering me them again on Sunday with the same pics Dan has got. I told him i still want it, hes not replied again. Sent him a snotty email this afternoon so we will see what he has to say. Im not desperate to own his car, they come up every now and then on eBay. In fact, a new built never ran Pavidis with box only fetched £350 recently so his stuff is not worth telephone numbers to me !

For reference, he wanted £240 for the wheels and tyres when asked. I told him far too much as i need to recoup some of my money not needing them all.

This was on eBay with a day to run at a £200 starting bid with zero bids when he pulled it. What i have offered him was more money than his eBay listing for less parts than he listed !

See My Feedback

Old 17-09-2012
Mad Member

Seems he is a bit unrealistic !
Old 17-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
His name is Oli. He`s been playing us off against each other so it seems Dan. He had some other used yz10`s in not as nice condition and a few other nip spares. I told him id buy the lot if the price was right. He wanted £940 plus shipping. I told him that was too much and told him i wanted the car pictured one set of tyres and one set of wheels. He told me what he wanted, i said fine send me payment details. Didnt hear for weeks, then he emailed me offering me them again on Sunday with the same pics Dan has got. I told him i still want it, hes not replied again. Sent him a snotty email this afternoon so we will see what he has to say. Im not desperate to own his car, they come up every now and then on eBay. In fact, a new built never ran Pavidis with box only fetched £350 recently so his stuff is not worth telephone numbers to me !

For reference, he wanted £240 for the wheels and tyres when asked. I told him far too much as i need to recoup some of my money not needing them all.

This was on eBay with a day to run at a £200 starting bid with zero bids when he pulled it. What i have offered him was more money than his eBay listing for less parts than he listed !
Oh well, there's always one eh Rich! I agree his communication is terrible!

Not to worry. Cheers
Old 20-09-2012
Mad Member

So is a works 93 like this worth much? He offered this also:

Old 20-09-2012
Mad Member

Hmm, can't be absolutely sure, but doesn't look like a complete/stock works '93.

Seems like he's running brushless with lipos, but at least the TCS system (slipper clutch) in in there otherwise the drivetrain would probably melt!

I don't see the torque rod brace for one thing. The steering system looks more like that you would find on a works '91 or yz10 '94. More pics would be useful if you seriously intend to buy.

Still, a works '93 is worth plenty...

Personally, if I had a car like that....I'd race it to death

Anyhow, judging by the comments above I think I wouldn't be very keen to barter....
Old 20-09-2012

It's a works 93 but is missing the torque stay that fits over the steering bellcranks and the turn-buckles that fit between the c carriers and the stay. Torque stays come up from time to time (fibrelyte do them) but you rarely see the ball that fit on to the stay, the turn-buckles are very rare if you need to replace them, the part number ZC 209c. The bumper is a RPM one, original yokomo bumpers are almost impossible to find.

It's also missing the battery posts, again very difficult to find.

Here is mine

Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Well guys I received the box today containing all the goodies....he bloody included the 3 old peak chargers I asked him not to so shipping cost was crazy to Oman, never mind.

I'll post some pics later when i get home and have a good look at what's in the big box, both the cars are there.

I might sell on the Works '93 and keep the other - looks like there's loads of spares for it and probably the missing bits too.

Cheers,

Dan
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Good score Dan, cant wait to see what you got, youll never tire of a YZ10, still find it hard to not tinker with mine.

lee
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Default NIP Yokomo YZ10 spares for sale

ZC-720C Rear shock tower for Works '93
ZC-407A Lower Sus-arm set for Works '91 SOLD
ZC-646 Maintenance kit for center shaft
ZC-503 35T F&R pulley sets for diff
ZC-673C Teflon clutch disc for T.C.S.
ZC-415A Steering blocks & Rear hub carriers
ZC-651 Kevlar front drive belt
ZC-401 Steel balls for upper sus-arm
ZC-435 Screw set for wheel hub
ZC-408A Lower sus-arm pins for Works '91 SOLD
ZC-206 Ball ends for tie rods
ZC-671C Inner/outer hub set for 4-T.C.S.
ZC-417R 5 x 11 rubber sealed ball bearings
ZC-423 UJ driveshafts
ZC-630 Main gear & sprocket set
ZC-414 King Pins
ZC-405C Torque rod stay for works '93
Old 07-10-2012

Dan,

If you decide to sell any of those spares I'd be very interested in the zc-407 and zc-408 arms.
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

It looks fast even sitting still

Old 07-10-2012

Wow, that's really nice.....
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Looking great Dan! Did you rebuild?
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

and the Works '93 I got with the car above......going up for sale soon once I put some of the missing bits back on it.

Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naushad View Post
Looking great Dan! Did you rebuild?
Thanks!

No mate didn't do anything really apart from open some NIP pink wheels and some tyres + screws, fit the wing mount kit + wing, put some more decals on and that's it!

The car looks brand new, transmission is silky smooth - easiest 'rebuild' I've ever (not) done!

Much easier than the Optima Mid's put it that way! But I still love 'em.

2 Procats arriving soon so will take a group photo once they're looking nice. Tamiya, Kyosho, Yokomo and Schumacher.

Dan
Old 07-10-2012
Mad Member

I found the optimas easier than the yz10!

Anyway if you ever decide to rebuild watch out for the ball diff screw...likes to snap if tightened too much!

Bw