Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 17-07-2013

Default Triple top force !!

Just a quick pic of my brothers top forces . The green complete one is one of the re-release kits from a couple of years ago , the second car in is basically new . Having built the re release my brother thought he'd rebuild his old race car ( a very beaten up one ) but the top and bottom chassis plates had been bodged using carbon/ fibre glass composite , which were cheap and nasty !! So I had some made at work using aircraft grade pure carbon fibre ( it doesn't flex any more !! ) unfortunately the use of all new parts has made it too good to use !! So the old chassis and gearboxes will be re used to make a beater !!
Old 23-07-2013

cool cars, in 1992 I remember these were head to head against Lazers. Only problem was there was no slipper clutch. Other than that they looked really nice and they are tough too. I used to have video tape of race of the Lazers vs Top force, and I remembered I was the only one driving a LWB mid in that race.
Old 23-07-2013

Very nice.. I still have an original like the green one but with the hop up grey metal shocks..! Still goes well....as I remember, the main problem was gearing with the odd pinion set up.
Love the carbon chassis you made...