Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 19-12-2009

That is one way to do it, if you can change the rotation of the motor, you don't want to race backwards

Changing the tranny is also done in 5 minutes
Old 19-12-2009
oOple Advertiser

If I had the choice I would rather my extra idler be inside the gearbox out of harms way, all inside a purpose built case designed for the job.

As has been said, changing an X6 transmission over is only a matter of a few minutes.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 21-12-2009
oOple Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottuna View Post
No, 4°
eurgh? why ?
Old 31-12-2009

Tried using the extra external idler, worked well. But using a slipper weight is easier. This 1st one is 5 mm thick stainless steel (28 grams), works really nice on high grip tracks so far. But a heavier model is in the making (should become 40 / 45 grams)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slipper weight (3).jpg (76.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg slipper weight (4).jpg (30.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg slipper weight (1).jpg (25.7 KB, 131 views)
Old 02-01-2010

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

Hottuna - glad to hear the 3-gear did what you want. How many runs have you put on it, and did you do any work to the trans cases or just assemble and throw it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus_77 View Post
Tried using the extra external idler, worked well. But using a slipper weight is easier. This 1st one is 5 mm thick stainless steel (28 grams), works really nice on high grip tracks so far. But a heavier model is in the making (should become 40 / 45 grams)
Hey Janus - awesome stuff. That's exactly what I was talking about, I'm glad to hear my theory worked! Having tried the reverse-motor-direction and the slipper weights, did they seem about the same effect on the track? Or was it more a different feel to achieve the same performance?
Old 02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair View Post
Hottuna - glad to hear the 3-gear did what you want. How many runs have you put on it, and did you do any work to the trans cases or just assemble and throw it in?
I've been using it now for 4 training days, and a race today.
I just mounted it, as i wrote before, it fits perfect, no work needed. It's a bit louder now then in the beginning, surely caused of the old gears i reused, that were worn in one direction.

The tranny shaved of 2/10th on our local track (approx. 14 sec rounds), tested by a race friend who also run 3 gear now.
We will try it outdoor on turf too in the summer, but some kind of sealing in the bottom would be needed i think. If it sucks in dust the gears will not last long.
Old 03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Sinclair View Post
Hey Janus - awesome stuff. That's exactly what I was talking about, I'm glad to hear my theory worked! Having tried the reverse-motor-direction and the slipper weights, did they seem about the same effect on the track? Or was it more a different feel to achieve the same performance?
Since the slipper only turns at about a quarter of the speed as the rotor of the motor, it takes higher revs to really notice. Thats why I want to try a heavier one. Not sure what it will do on a slippery dirt track yet though.