Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 19-09-2015

Default S-Workz S350 Evo II

Just wondering what you guys out there think of this nitro off-roader.

Is it just a cheaper version of the Kyosho MP9?

It looks very similar, or is it a contender worth a punt? The kit price is attractive!

Who is the best UK supplier of the kit and parts?

Then of course which engine to go for? I've been away from the nitro scene for far too long!
Old 19-09-2015

the sworkz is very good, easy to maintain and cost effective for maintenance
there is a group on FB if you are on it https://www.facebook.com/groups/260140654161233/ where you can ask all the questions you feel you need
Old 20-09-2015

Thanks for that Stumpiey.

I popped into the ex-KORT circuit whilst in Cornwall last week and had a chat to a couple of the guys there who extolled the virtues of the buggy.

I couldn't help noticing its likeness to the Inferno MP9 hence the original question.

I've looked at the FB page and I am pending acceptance to the group.

It is good to see that every attempt is being made to keep that excellent Cornish facility open and I intend to revisit there next year with a buggy of course!
Old 20-09-2015

Try NDOR pal theres a couple of guys down there running sworks amongst other buggies they open most weekends.and pbm modelshop stock them which is afew minutes drive from the track.get down at track if u can on saturdays plenty people around for advice.
Old 24-09-2015

Thanks for the advice Team n.o.m.a.d.

I went down to NDOR last Sunday for the last round of the summer series and had a chat to a few guys, it was good to see a varied mixture of buggies racing along with some good racing too.

It was also interesting to see how quite a few of the makers are following similar ideas now, so there is really not a lot to choose between them in the end, so it is really down to how good the importers and dealers support is!

Picked up a few pointers though and will be popping into PBM Racing soon to place my order for the S-Workz and an engine, not decided which yet, it is between the OS made S-Works S7 and the Novarossi Mito 4 I think, we will see.

Then its a starter box etc and a selection of tyres, servos and radio is already sorted!