Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 03-01-2011

Default Additional Mardave Class

What are peoples thoughts on having an additional mardave class? A couple of options are:

1. We run F1 and F2 with the same set of rules (as per TC's).

2. We run a standard class (exactly as we have at the moment) and additionally a 'black can' class which runs same rules but with a faster motor (e.g. Muchmore, HPI Saturn 20t - circa £10) and maybe differential (£17) as well.

Or do we keep it as it is?

Paul
Old 03-01-2011

To be honest Paul, from what I've seen so far the cars run pretty fast enough with std tin can motors.

I would be more happy splitting into F1 and F2 now that we have a good number of cars racing with some new guys joining also in the new year - lets keep it simple other wise I could see it going the same way as the micro's and look what's happened there...

You all seem to be enjoying things as they are now
Old 06-01-2011

Hi guys currently i think the mardave class should stay standard but we should run more cars at once 8 or 10 not the usual 3 or 4 and if we need more members then maybe introduce a class where people can run whatever they want for fun may encourage people who already have cars
just a thought hope your all ready for tomorrow night Craig
Old 08-01-2011

I ran with a HPI Saturn 20T motor last night and it was quite good, not lightning fast down the straight but had good punch through the corners, probably down to the gearing. If at some point in the future we do chose to have a class with a bit more zip, this would be cost effective way of doing it. I think a differential would be a waste of time as well - just not needed. I ran a diff in the caterham and it made a bit of difference but not a lot. The dave with normal axle handled great in fact with the extra bit of zip, you could 'push' the car through some corners to help it steer.
I love these little cars

And I keep meaning to post a thread on mardave setup. If you haven't looked already there is quite a bit of useful info out there, mardave website, Hinckley RCCC website, forums - oople, rc racechat - Mark Stiles (Mardave world champ at some point in history and quite handy with a twelth car) has posted some helpful stuff, try http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthr...e-hot-rod-(V12) as a starter. This is quite an old post but things don't move too quickly in the world of mardave , so a lot of it is still relevant but pick and choose. I will post something more detailed as soon as I can.

Paul