Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 09-06-2012

Default Best LiPo for Cat SX2 - Stubby LiPo?

Hi guys,

Advice needed. I have just brought a second hand Cat SX2 and wondered what LiPo batteries you guys would recommend. I currently have Xcelorin 6000mah stick packs, but these seem a little to thick, and although they miss the middle belt and pulleys, they rub against the front belt where it drops down through the centre.

Are there any other stick packs which you guys know will fit? Also, what do you reckon to the Stubby LiPos. I'm pretty impressed so far with the Xcelorin packs I have and was considering the stubby version (this would also allow me to move the battery back and forth for different weight distribution). My only concern was however whether they would be up to the job? I run 6.5/8.5 brushless and believe they are only 3800mah capacity. Would they last 6/7 minutes of running easily or would they cut out on me due to low voltage near the end of the run?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Alex
Old 09-06-2012

I'm running the 3800 mAh Xcelorin batterys with a 6.5/7.5 motor in my SX and it works fine. No problem running for 7 minutes as we do that over here in Sweden.

//Kenneth
Old 09-06-2012

In mine i had ip 5000 in it
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 10-06-2012

I run these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

The wires come out the side and fit nicely between the motor and speedo (I run Deans connectors so as not to blow anything up!). They're punchy enough for my 5.5t, and easily last the 5 minutes. Compared to the other packs I've fit in there they're less than a quarter of the price and deliver equivalent performance. Can't recommend them enough for the Cat.
Old 11-06-2012

Cheers guys! Body shell and under tray are due to arrive tomorrow so I'll have to see just how much space I have got with those fitted. If the battery isn't pushed all the way in towards the centre of the chassis, it does miss the front belt, in which case I will get away with it. If not though, looks like I'll be going for a stubby pack I reckon!

Thanks again :-)
Old 11-06-2012

You will find that the cells need to sit about 2-3mm inboard of the chassis outer edge.

The front corner will overhang the chassis plate and fits inside a recess in the undertray.

Scroll to the bottom of this link and click on the pic to see an intellect lipo fitted in my SX2.
http://www.pipskiracing.blogspot.co....rt-2.html#more
Old 11-06-2012

I did notice this but as the car I purchased second hand didn't come with an under tray, I've just had to do a bit of guess work. Even with the cells pushed in so they sit just inside the chassis, the front belt is still clear. Fingers crossed it'll be ok!

Many thanks :-)