Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 04-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cool FTX Welsh Micro Grand Prix - 17th February 2008

Cardiff Onroad and Buggy Association (C.O.B.R.A) have organised a Welsh Micro Grand Prix for February 2008.

The event is held on behalf of the WRCA who will be supplying trophies to the first 3 in each class.
CML Distribution will be supporting the event in the form of supplying prizes for the drivers raffle!

Classes will be 1/18th Pro-Stock and Modified (BRCA rules) and 1/10th buggies (2WD & 4WD) to BRCA rules (with no weight limits).

The racing area will be 12m x 20m on both carpet and gym flooring. The track width will be around 2m with off-road features including jumps, drift sections and uneven surfaces.
Lap counting will be with AMBrc3 and all entrants are asked to provide their Personal Transponder number with their entry form.

A shop facility will be avaliable onsite to support the event with a full stock of supplies for the 1/18th entry and general spares, supplied and managed by 'Trackside Spares'

You will need to supply your own pit table and chairs. You must also assume that there is no electricity on site for the purpose of charging and are asked to supply your own 12v power source (in a plastic container)

Entry fee is £8 for adults per class and £4 for juniors (Under 13 on 1st Jan 2008).
The closing date for entries is February 9th 2008!

Venue :-
Llanishen High School
Heol Hir
Llanishen
Cardiff
CF14 5YL

Club Web:
www.swmcrc.co.uk

WRCA Web:
www.wrca.org.uk

The hall can easily fit 80 drivers apparently...so lets do our very best to try and fill it

To download an entry form for the even please click HERE!

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 04-01-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

I am booked in, good venue too
Old 04-01-2008
Administrator

What ya gonna race Steve?
Old 04-01-2008

DB01 and maybe the Tamiya.... if I can get some longer rear wheel screws for the 3Racing hub conversion.... which didn't come with long enough screws grrrr...
Old 15-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Get your forms in lads and lasses! Only 3 weeks till the entries close and only 7 entries recieved...with not a single name I recongnise!!

Without events like this the micro scene will not grow..and we dont want that now do we.....

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 20-01-2008

come on guys, get them entries in, I even hae some raffle prizes care of Tekin for those who turn up!!
Old 21-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

im down
Old 21-01-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Come on lads, and lasses....the event is open to micro AND 10th offroad so theres something for everyone here!!

Get those entry forms in!
Old 03-02-2008

CML are putting up the prizes so come on get your entry in Millzy u owe me 8 quid [lol]
Old 05-02-2008

Default Electric Supply

Just to let you all know we are now able to confirm that electricity will be available for charging. I would ask that you all bring and extension lead to help distribution. The electrity supply will be fitted with local RCD but bring yours along if you have one for added safety.

Roy Davies
COBRA Chairman
Old 05-02-2008

Have you got many entries for 1/10th offroad Roy?
Cheers
Andy
Old 10-02-2008

Default FTX Welsh Micro Grand Prix 17th Feb 2008

Hi All,

Please find attached link to entry list for the FTX Welsh Micro GP.

If you think your name should appear, please email entry sec.

FTX Entry List

Andy,

Sorry I didn't get back earlier, for various reasons have not been back to the forum for a few days.

Roy
Old 18-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Ok so micro racing isnt that bad....but Anderson Super stocks are....any way loved the track would like to thank all at C.O.B.R.A for a fun day and a really good track

Millzy
Old 18-02-2008

Default FTX Welsh Micro Grand Prix - Thanks

This note is not meant to be a long one, that said, it probably will be. I’ll make it easy if you’re in a rush – THANK YOU.

Now for the details;

Firstly to all the drivers who got up at some ungodly hour to travel to Cardiff, bet you didn’t know what to expect; even when you entered the venue. Thank you for making that leap of faith to support the Club, some for the first time in South Wales and I really hope you enjoyed the day.

Second to the army (if only small in number) who put so much effort in supporting my original idea to run the event in the first place. Brian Ali, Richard (Ned) Witcombe, Dave Zerk and John Holliman, thank you for all the help in preparation prior to the event. On Saturday in getting the venue ready; again the “small army” were ever present but now supported by Steve Curtis Rich (and the family), Ray Reeve, Dave Zerk Jnr, Ken and Tom Graham. Without you putting in the hours, “it would not have happened”.

Finally on Sunday (race day) and certainly of no lesser importance, those helpers on the day which helped the day run so well; Ian Tomlinson for his dedication behind the desk, “he even asked for my licence” and so he should. To Paul Knight and Trackside Spares for keeping most of us going through the day. WRCA for the supply of the trophies, Hywel Mills and CML Distribution for their support who together with Steve Curtis Rich and his contacts at TEKIN and Paul Knight of Trackside Spares made the raffle such a success. Thanks to Eddie Williams who offered his services as referee for the day and finally (really) to Vanessa and her niece for supplying provisions through the day keeping everyone fed and watered.

We hope this is not the last time we see you all at the venue; if you enjoyed the day please spread the word for our next event and help make that better than the FTX.

Roy Davies
Chairman
COBRA