Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 22-02-2013

Default SO what would you buy if you had the choice

between

Schumacher K1

Associated RC10 44.2

Xray 4

All priced within a few quid of each other, anybody any Input pros and cons to either

thankyou and Happy Friday
Old 22-02-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Only out of those 3? The K1.
Old 22-02-2013

ive just read a massive thread on them

What others were you thinking ?
Old 22-02-2013
Mad Member

What about a durango 410v3
Old 22-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
between

Schumacher K1

Associated RC10 44.2

Xray 4

All priced within a few quid of each other, anybody any Input pros and cons to either

thankyou and Happy Friday
The yokomo bmax4 is at mb models now with full spares backup. I'd go for that myself

Now if only I could find 350 quid...
Old 22-02-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Tamiya 511

Tamiya 502

Durango

Team C

Predator

Kyosho Lazer

Yokomo

I guess Losi...

New Vega 4wd
Old 22-02-2013

ok thanks i,ll take a look

Ok brushless motor help

Which competition motor would you all buy, Mid range and High end.

Also Battery what Lipo make is powerful and long lasting, sorry for all questions but its ages since ive driven
Old 22-02-2013

i like the look of the yokomo but as it seems hard to buy the actual car apart from MB, spares may not be as readily free as the schuy or Rc10

or am i talking poop lol

the Schuy an RC10 alot of places stock them,
Old 22-02-2013

I had the choice and I bought a B44.2.

Why you ask?

Schumacher still have to prove to me that their cars arent still made out of cheese, and I will never trust that awesome 1940's technology "Belt Drive".

Xray are the new kids in 1/10th so far as I know, and I dont trust new things. not until they've proven themselves, and they havent.

Durango, nope. Just nope. I like my electrics to fit in the car. I also dont like having to buy new electrics to allow this to happen. Theres more room in a fly's ass crack...

I'd rather have something that just works, straight out of the box than something I am required to buy an option part for before its "settled" as well. That might just be the tight arsed yorkshireman in my speaking though...

M2P

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 22-02-2013

Very good Points AC

Associated and SChumacher have been around since i started in the 80s, However schuy only came into my view late 80s RC10 i always swooned at, i still bet them though in my faithful hotshot, but they were only 2wd back then

I,ll chew on it tonight and make my decision tomorrow.

Gotta think of which brushless motor to choose for raceing.

anyone know what the ferrari/novarossi of the brushless world is
Old 22-02-2013

I use Vampire, I dont have much experience, but I've never driven anything smoother...

For cheapness, Hobbywing, if you need a name on it Speedpassion, if you want something good that you wont need to replace for years and years, Vampire. Thats my opinion.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 23-02-2013

Xray xb4
Old 23-02-2013

Do keep looking at the X-ray, but again seems a bitch to buy, so parts may be an issue, also new kid on the block.

Thanks for,motor advice I,ll have a look at the vamp

Are belt drives prone to failure anybody know, ie would a shaft driven car be better
Old 23-02-2013

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
I had the choice and I bought a B44.2.

Why you ask?

Schumacher still have to prove to me that their cars arent still made out of cheese, and I will never trust that awesome 1940's technology "Belt Drive".

Xray are the new kids in 1/10th so far as I know, and I dont trust new things. not until they've proven themselves, and they havent.

Durango, nope. Just nope. I like my electrics to fit in the car. I also dont like having to buy new electrics to allow this to happen. Theres more room in a fly's ass crack...

I'd rather have something that just works, straight out of the box than something I am required to buy an option part for before its "settled" as well. That might just be the tight arsed yorkshireman in my speaking though...

M2P

AC
I am not sure u are talking any sense.
I can't see problems with the strength of Schumacher cars since they must have been one of the top racers choice for the last 20+ years.
Xray needing to prove themselves, I don't think so, every class they enter into frightens all other manufacturers due to quality of design and manufacture.
I have no experience with Durango but always a way to get the electrics in one way or another.
I must say as general racers go I don't think there is a bad car, it is what u like the look of and will enjoy working on.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 23-02-2013

That's also my opinion!

I've had the Durango DEX410V3 and was very satisfied with it! The electronics fit without a problem.
Schumacher cars are very strong!

Now I went to the Xray, wanted to try something new . I'm going to build the car this week!
Old 23-02-2013

Kurtz what are the parts like for the X-ray?

Have they always been available easily or have you got to stick with a few suppliers ?

What brushless do you run

I'm going to go to my local today and ask
Old 23-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobamory View Post
Do keep looking at the X-ray, but again seems a bitch to buy, so parts may be an issue, also new kid on the block.

Thanks for,motor advice I,ll have a look at the vamp

Are belt drives prone to failure anybody know, ie would a shaft driven car be better

Personally i am liking the Schumacher k1 and not had any problems with belts so would recommend one of them would'nt go for the Xray just yet as it's unproven and not sure if theres any top end drivers running the car for set up advice and not sure what spares availbility is like

As far as electrics i don't think there's abad one to say away from so all the top makes are good

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 23-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattK View Post
I am not sure u are talking any sense.
That's your opinion, I gave mine. Whether you agree with them or not doesn't interest me, those are the reasons I used to inform my choice. That and the opinions of well informed friends. Not trying to insinuate that your opinions aren't well informed, but as far as I know, you may in fact be the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man...

Quote:
I can't see problems with the strength of Schumacher cars since they must have been one of the top racers choice for the last 20+ years.
When I nudged, and I do mean nudged, the back end of a Cat SX being driven by someone at a club meeting and his car broke, I'd call that less than strong. Also the fact that they are belt drive puts me off. Belt drive went out with the Ark.

Quote:
Xray needing to prove themselves, I don't think so, every class they enter into frightens all other manufacturers due to quality of design and manufacture.
Then I'm sure in a year once this has been proven I'll end up buying one and running it for ever. Until the proving it part happens, they can stay on the shelf as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
I have no experience with Durango but always a way to get the electrics in one way or another.
There was, buy a new set of electrics. Oh wait... didn't I put that in my original post? I had one, tried to fit gear in, wouldn't go. Had a mate try to fit gear in, still wouldn't go... I think maybe that's because it just wouldn't go!

Quote:
I must say as general racers go I don't think there is a bad car, it is what u like the look of and will enjoy working on.
Best thing you put in your post. Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one... Bottom line is whatever you buy you could love or hate, just do your research before hand and everything will be golden.

AC

Trader Feedback
Old 23-02-2013

Ok guys I've done it I bought 2

K1 and 44.2 I decided against the X-ray for 2 reasons

No one had stock and parts were all to order I cannot be arsed waiting If I want a part I wanna be able to collect it, I will get a X-ray at some point but at present the two I have have an abundance of support. The X-ray is a very good piece of kit but I would like to see more support and stock before I commit
Old 23-02-2013

Both sat on my table waiting for me, im excited.