Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 29-12-2013

Default Fastest / Most popular cars at your club 2013

Hi All,

Me and friends are considering gettting into 1/10th racing this year as there are more tracks locally than there are for the 8th and micro's we currently run at our own indoor(carpet) and outdoor (astro) tracks. I'm looking to get some feedback/information on what cars are successfull at a club/regional level when used by everday drivers (not pro/sponsored drivers).

What I would really like to see and think would be usefull and interesting information for many, would be a list of each club and what cars are working well/ most poplar at the track along with track conditions you run on.

So if you could list it like this i think it would make it easy to read and compare from one track or club to another.

1 - Name of the club(s) / track(s) you run on
2 - Track surface / conditions / length
3 - Fastest/most popular 2wd cars
4 - Fastest/most popular 4wd cars

I also think ancillary infomation like most popular tyres, motors/ windings and esc's would also be off interest to many, so if you feel like it please add these as 5, 6 and 7.

I think if we get the input this could be a very informative thread for people getting into 1/10 as it may help them guage what works at there local tracks along with supplying information on the surface conditions, tyres and electronics favoured by racers there. I also think it could be interesting to see if there are trends to what cars are popular based on the different variables like track condition or region.

Fingers crossed we get a good response and gain some usefull information for all.
Old 29-12-2013

Personally It's up to drivers, not the car....
Old 29-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

1. West bridgford mcc
2. Carpet, 30m x 16m flat with ramps
3. Couger kf, sv2, team c tm2, Xray xb4 2wd, tc02c
4. Cat k1, Xray xb4, Dex410, b44.2

Motors
2wd: 6.5 - 8.5
4wd: 5.5 - 7.5

Tires
Schumacher yellow mini pins
Schumacher cut staggers

Electrics
Speed passion
Dualsky
Lrp
Also some sensorless : leopard etc

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 29-12-2013
Mad Member

Seaham indoor, carpet and polished floor mix

2wd - Centro C4.2, SV2, KF, Yokomo Bmax 2 MR, Cougars SV pro, B4.1, Durango Dex210
Motors - 6.5-13.5 depending on driver, age and ability.
Speedo - LRP SXX, Speed passion reventon pro, Nosram Comet
Tires - yellow Schumacher minipins, yellow schumacher minispikes

4wd - B44.2,B44.1, K1, Yokomo Bmax 4 III
Motors - 5.5-10.5 depending on driver age/ability
Speedo - LRP SXX, LRP Sphere tc spec, speed passion, Hobbywing, Nosram, Vampire
Tires - Yellow mini spikes, minipins or blocks
Old 29-12-2013

Hi Vroom,

The driver is certainly a big part of the equation, but like most motor sport it is a combination of man (or woman) and machine together.

Different vehicals suite different driving styles and conditions same with tyres and electronics.

I would like to see if there are trends relating to what works with different track/surfaces conditions, tyres and other variables. By ruling out the pro and sponsored drivers from the result we may also gain information on which cars suit more normal driving abilities. We may find some chassis are particularly forgiving allowing better results at this level than others.

Personally I think there is a lot of valid knowledge that could be gained from this
Old 29-12-2013

Good stuff afro p and dave dodd, first ones on the list

I'm just thinking about how best to relate the information. What do you think about putting the cars in order of success at your venue?
Old 29-12-2013
Mad Member

You will just end up with the same list or cars in a different order, depending on how many quick drivers run them?
Old 29-12-2013

Hi x313,

I don't really see that as a problem in fact its part of the point.
As a simple assumtion would be that the faster (not pro or sponsored) guys
Have the most experience with both the tracks, cars and setup and as such be
Using what works at that track.

It would be important for people to try and be as impartial/honest as possible with the
List. Simply thinking back to what has been most successful with the privateers.

In particular I'm hoping we will see some trends regarding what cars are working on which
Styles of tracks/track surfaces with which tyres. Seems a more educated way of looking into
What car and tyre work on which surfaces. At least it is just based on results

Surely better than just asking what cars people like as generally you just get
What is either popular or they run now. This way people can see whats working either at a club they want
To join or a sort of surface they want to run on. I could be completely wrong and there wont be any trends at all and vroom will be completly correct and the cars make no difference so people should go out and buy what everlooks pretty to them.

Last edited by SOSx; 29-12-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: got name wrong
Old 29-12-2013

Looking at the 2 entries we`ve got I think to simplify the results somewhat we should limit it to the top 3 in each category.

So top 3 most successful cars in both 2wd & 4wd and top 3 tyres and esc`s (if there are 3 variations being used that is). I think this will be more focused and be easier draw comparisons from.

Keep them coming. The more data we get on different clubs/surfaces the better the results should be
Old 29-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Usually it depends on local model shop and your local clubs, ie: what they sell and what they race..

If you ignore the a finalists and just look at what the rest are racing, you would find that they are the same brands and the further down, the older and more budget brands start to appear.

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 29-12-2013

Hi Dave,

I have no doubt local model shops do factor into the results although much less nowadays with "most" people buying over the internet. But if we get enough responses we will even be able to see these trends.

I wouldn't say ignore all A finalists unless you believe that in 1/10 pretty much all a finalists at your club are now sponsored drivers? It is only drivers who are paid/sponsored in anyway to use a specific brand that I think should be excluded.
Old 29-12-2013

Just a thought Dave,

Even if the main information gathered turns out to be what vehicals tyres and electronics are most popular at each track then that is still usefull information for drivers interested in getting into racing as they will know which vehicals they will be able to get good/working setup advise on and have an idea on tyres and electronics required to be competitive.
Old 29-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Imho any information is good information.
Helps newbies go in the right direction, if they decide to follow the information in the first place lol.

Old 29-12-2013

Thats exactly my point . And at least this information wouldn't be based on personal preference, which as i'm sure we can all agree is often difficult to translate into usefull unbiased information.
Old 01-01-2014

We'll happy new year all. Hope you've had a good one and not feeling too bad today.

So over 500 views but only 2 clubs details so far??
So if you either run a club or attend them regulary enough to get an accurate view on the results
Please take a moment to enter them here and lets see if we can get an idea of whats actually been successful this last year (2013).

I've been thinking about this alot recently as me and several friends are looking to make the change from 8th to 10th and are currently trying to decide upon what car I would like. Now i'm a fairly analytical person and really quite enjoy reaserching things as deeply as I can before making a decision. And this is particularly difficult when it comes to buying new rc cars (of which I own a fair few), there is just to much personal opinion, prejudices and bias involved with people's recomendations and reviews on different cars. And really with out these people having driven all the other vehical options which "most" haven't the views are often somewhat scewed.

I think if we can get people from clubs to add the information this thread could be a good start.

But I've had an idea that if we could get the required club involvment could put together somthing really interesting - A National Manufacturers Championship.
Follow me for a minute on this one

If we could get as many clubs as possible to give us the data on the manufacturer and model of both cars (and tyres maybe) of the top 10 finishers at each event (not sure if this should include or exlude pro/sponsored drivers) then we could assign a points system (10 for first down to 1 for 10th) and get a real time view as the season progresses of what cars (and possibly tyres) are successful. This could be updated online regularly giving each manufacter and cars (and tyres ) overall national championship positions/ranking as well as positions/rankings at each individual club/venue. Each club involved could have there own page giving breif details about the track and its surface as well as its results.

What are your collective thoughts on this idea?
Old 01-01-2014
Mad Member

I can sort of see where this thread is going but it's a little pointless IMO I would say 95% of drivers only go to one club there local and are loyal to that club.

We have two excellent clubs in our area FORCC and Maritime racing they are about 30 mins apart and on different evenings but for some reason FORCC and maritime share probably 5 drivers if that.

Basically what I'm getting at if you race at FORCC you would come down have a look and get advise

The same goes for maritime

But saying that what car etc

FORCC
Tends to have lots of durangos probably because les and ed Kerry at team extream runs them and sells them alike

Are they the best IMO no.
Is any other car the best again no

I say this as it depends on who is racing, normally a battle between

Durango (ed)
B44.2 (me)
B44 (Kyle moon)
Xray (Neil Gavin)

And it can go anyway.

This says to me all the cars are as good as each other.

As for tire choice
99% of the club runs yellow full spikes.
1% runs yellow mini spikes.

So you could say the full spikes are best and again IMO they are not and the results prove this but it's what everybody at our club have always used and are set in there ways.

Anyway if the club is doing well and us the drivers enjoy it it makes no odds what is best.

Just give good advise for your club and enjoy.

Stu rand
Old 01-01-2014

Maybe a review section would be good so people can give pros and cons about the car they have (or had).
Old 01-01-2014

Hi Stu / Dodge guy,

Maybe i'm explaing this in the the wrong way or something but I think you're both missing the point or at least what i think is the main point a bit

Quote:
I can sort of see where this thread is going but it's a little pointless IMO I would say 95% of drivers only go to one club there local and are loyal to that club.
Whats going to one club or not got to do with trying to get data on the results that different brands / models of cars (and other equipment) are actually achieving at club level but looked at on a National scale.
This is trying to give people both another tool (one that is based only on fact, with out conjecture) to help them select the best equipment for the place that they race. I also think it will give a very interesting insight into how model are actually performing over a year. With a big enough sample the localized trends will/should become less important.

Finding out about the local tracks/clubs results and details is to be honest of secondary importance to what i was really looking at which is a cars performace averaged out over a much larger sample of both driving ability and surface conditions, but I do also feel that it is important to collect it as when looking at the bigger picture and it gives a useful little tool to people who might be considering starting to race at said local club and would like to know what is achieving results there.

Quote:
Basically what I'm getting at if you race at FORCC you would come down have a look and get advise
That's fine and I think getting advise from local racers can be useful and valid (and i recomend people to do this also) but I bet the advise would change depending on who you ask at the club

Do you not see any usefull information coming from actually knowing the averaged out positions of a certain brand/model/peice of equipment at the club over a year?

What i would like is real life figures that can provide something other than things like "normally it like this" or "it depends who is racing" or it I think this is the best or that driver is fast so it must be the best car etc etc etc...

Dodge guy you said

Quote:
Maybe a review section would be good so people can give pros and cons about the car they have (or had).
Again completely missing the point. There are hundreds/thousands of personal and proffessional reviews of vehicals and other equipment over the internat and I've watched to many to count. Yes you can obviously gain some interesting insight into a product from them but it is always going to be very limited by the scope of the reviewers experiences, judgment, personal predjudaces and even dare I say with some reviewers their monthly paychecks.

I don't want optinions I want cold hard facts that are not limited by bias or persoanl judment.

Then with a mix of cold hard fact on the cars performances, reviews, advise from the local club and any other infomation they might want to look before making a decision on what car/epuiment they want to run where ever they want to run it.

Blimey feels like I'm fighting a battle here! I thought some people would find this sort of info really interesting as its simply not available at the moment
Old 01-01-2014

Club DMS Racing indoor

Med/High grip carpet with some slippy and low jumps

2WD
Fastest in order
2 sometimes 3 X6 cubed
SV2
Followed by hordes of DEX210
Most use 8.5T or 7.5T motors

4WD
Fastest in order
K1
DEX410
Quite a few B44/.1/.2 and more DEX410
Most use 6.5T or 5.5T

As has been said before all the top drivers would be the fastest with different cars.
Old 01-01-2014
Mad Member

sosx

dont be offened none intened

im struggling to see the relevence from what i can gather you would like to know what is the best equipment car electrics tires etc but excluding team or pro drivers just the avarage club drive which is pointless as the club drivers are club drivers because thats where they race and different club have differnt popularities with the car electrics and tires.

so knowing what is good in the south maybe completly misleading to what is good in the north.

stu