Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > Gaming Chat

Old 30-12-2013

The best bit about playing bf4 on consoles is that it's a level playing field no one has a better gaming system than the one your playing on........ Shame my internet is 2 fing mb though lol

If anyone wants to add my gamer tag on xb1 BADOBSES1ON I usually play after around 10pm on a night and play conquest
Old 30-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
what gpu is in that??

i agree you don't have to spend 1500 to get a decent pc, especially if you look around for deals or buy used!

i recently downgraded my pc (which ran @ ultra) and bought a ps4.. beauty of pc's is that there always getting better so if i wanted to rebuild it would just be better next time i did it.

ps4 running bf4 is decent tho I'm just not as good on it as i was on the pc (but generally everyone isn't as good so its ok lol)

my psn mrg12eg
I stuck a GTX 780 (£379) in my sons pc with an i7 3770k (£200) - runs ultra, smooth as butter.
In about a year when the GTX 780s drop in price I will stick another in there for sli.
I already have two GTX 780s in mine and bf4 runs at 120fps no problem.
Old 30-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigbunt View Post
what gpu is in that??

i agree you don't have to spend 1500 to get a decent pc, especially if you look around for deals or buy used!

i recently downgraded my pc (which ran @ ultra) and bought a ps4.. beauty of pc's is that there always getting better so if i wanted to rebuild it would just be better next time i did it.

ps4 running bf4 is decent tho I'm just not as good on it as i was on the pc (but generally everyone isn't as good so its ok lol)

my psn mrg12eg
I've noticed that. Coming from PS3 were the gamers were pretty standard, it's hard to stand up against the more 'hardcore' players. Maybe that explains my K/D
Old 31-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The thing to remember is that 'low' on the consoles and 'low' on the PC are totally different, from what I've seen of the game running on all the hardware low on the PC looks better than either of the consoles. I'm not against a box in front of your TV for stuff like racing games and single player stuff but for multiplayer FPS you just have to have a KB/mouse to play with. Whenever I see BF4 gameplay on the consoles it's hard not to laugh at how slow and clunky it is!
Spec wise the new consoles are like a mid/low end gaming PC from a couple of years ago and it'd be dead easy to build a PC from parts for similar hardware cost. The only thing that would push the price up is the operating system, which obviously MS and Sony don't really have to factor in as much.

Paul - I'll get you added on Battlelog tomorrow
Old 31-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
The thing to remember is that 'low' on the consoles and 'low' on the PC are totally different, from what I've seen of the game running on all the hardware low on the PC Iooks better than either of the consoles. I'm not against a box in front of your TV for stuff like racing games and single player stuff but for multiplayer FPS you just have to have a KB/mouse to play with. Whenever I see BF4 gameplay on the consoles it's hard not to laugh at how slow and clunky it is!
Spec wise the new consoles are like a mid/low end gaming PC from a couple of years ago and it'd be dead easy to build a PC from parts for similar hardware cost. The only thing that would push the price up is the operating system, which obviously MS and Sony don't really have to factor in as much.

Paul - I'll get you added on Battlelog tomorrow
Theres no denying the specs on the Xbox One/PS4 are not the latest and great Intel I7/AMD or nVidia greatest graphic card but they dont need to be. If you built a PC to the same hardware specs as the current consoles it would no way run BF4 @ 1080p. It's always been the way, PC has always required faster hardware due to the lack of optimisation.

Maybe 18 months ago, I briefly had a AMD X4 @ 3.6Ghz and an oldish ATI 4670 512MB graphics card (plus 4GB ram) the CPU wasnt bad but the graphics card wasnt great. If you compare that to a Xbox 360, its much better. The GPU on the Xbox is about the same as an X1800, a fair few generations older, since it was made in 2005. Anyway, I ran BF3 on my PC and 720p on lowest settings I struggled to get 20FPS, it looked terrible and was unplayable. I had BF3 on the Xbox and that ran smooth (Only 30FPS but still smooth imo) plus it looked better due to upscaling. Get an early P4 CPU & a ATI X1800 GPU with 512MB ram, I bet you dont get over 5FPS in BF3.

All I'm saying is that hardware doesn't really mean a lot as consoles are massively optimised. Once again, I'm no console fanboy, I've always had PC's and game just as much on the PC than I do on the console, loads more the past year when the old gen consoles got a little too dated.
Old 31-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
...consoles are massively optimised...
That used to be the case back in the original Playstation days when everything was running custom hardware and software. The current consoles are just x86 boxes running a Sony skinned version of BSD in the case of the PS4 and Windows 8.1 in the case of the XBox One (well, technically it's running Hyper-V with virtual instances of 8.1 running on top of that).
Both have AMD APU's (which have a beefier GPU portion than the APU's you can buy from AMD for PC's) which are addressed by the OS using AMD's 'Mantle' AFAIK, which bypasses the DirectX API used with Windows and eliminates a bit of overhead - AMD is introducing Mantle to PC's now on it's latest graphics cards which are related to the console's APU's so that's all the console 'optimisation' gone pretty much.

Given no OS cost I could easily build a PC that'd run BF4 at 1080P/60FPS for less than the price of the consoles
Old 31-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This all very well,but most people couldn't or even understand what your on about
You could argue the same goes for the RC cars we buy

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 31-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post

Given no OS cost I could easily build a PC that'd run BF4 at 1080P/60FPS for less than the price of the consoles
im not disagreeing with you fully but i do think you've under cut the new consoles.

put your money where your mouth is and spec a pc for less than a ps4.. that will be capable of 1080p

i dont think this is impossible but it may be interesting for others...