Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 29-01-2015

Default Space headaches

Hi,

Just picked up a DEX410 (moved away from schumacher) and loving it. I am struggling (like most owners) to install everything in the tight space. My 120a speedo is just to big so I am thinking of swapping to a smaller 70a esc. So here is my question:

Can I run a speed passion reventon R with a 5.5t motor? Will it overheat and keep cutting out? Racing on astroturf all year round.

Thoughts or any suggestions on ways to cram stuff in are welcome. I have a spektrum sr410 Rx and there isn't one much smaller than that. Current speedo is a turnigy trackstar 120a

Cheers
Old 29-01-2015

According to the speed passion site, a 7.5 is the limit for a Reventon R
Here are a couple pics of my installs to hopefully give you an idea, the first with a Viper VTX10R and the second with a Tekin RSX. Both are installed with a Spektrum SR2000 receiver, the smallest of their receivers (that I know of) and has the added benefit of a built in antenna mount.

Team Durango Australia
www.team-durango.com

Proline Australia

A list of option parts and other information for Durango vehicles. www.durangofansite.com
Old 29-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobyw View Post
Hi,

Just picked up a DEX410 (moved away from schumacher) and loving it. I am struggling (like most owners) to install everything in the tight space. My 120a speedo is just to big so I am thinking of swapping to a smaller 70a esc. So here is my question:

Can I run a speed passion reventon R with a 5.5t motor? Will it overheat and keep cutting out? Racing on astroturf all year round.

Thoughts or any suggestions on ways to cram stuff in are welcome. I have a spektrum sr410 Rx and there isn't one much smaller than that. Current speedo is a turnigy trackstar 120a

Cheers
Toby , just give me your car on sunday with all the gear and some wire and ill do it for ya.
Old 30-01-2015

I have the trackstar speedo in mine. The +ve terminal is about 1mm from the spur gear! Sanwa 451 rx fits nicely under the front prop, between the motor and speedo. The capacitor pack is perfect fit for the switch/transponder mounting plate.

Wish they release a bigger set of side pods and new shell, would open loads more setup options and space!
Old 31-01-2015

orion r10.1, a biggish futaba receiver and capacitor fits really well, if you can find a pic of jorns car mine is similar to that