Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 01-10-2014

Default Durango dex210 ball diff circlip alternative.

For those people wondering why Durango want the best part of £10 for 4 8mmx0.8mm circlips and find it hard to buy them because they seem a lot of a "rip off", don't dispare.
I have just rebuilt my ball diff using an Xray circlip, it fits perfecly. you have to make sure it is seated properly, as you do with the Durango clip. I took the car out to set the diff up and it runs perfectly.
I went to Nick at Demon power products with this issue and he suggested the Xray clips, we measured them and they appeared to be the correct size. At the time they were £4 for 10 clips.
The diameter is 8.8mm (The packaging suggests the clips are 8mm, must be 8mm when clip is compressed).
The thickness is 0.8mm.

the Xray clips are: Ch-Clip 8 (10) part No: 966080. (see attchment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xray circlip.jpg (741.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Roaster; 01-10-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-10-2014

Thanks for the info dude, the Durango circlips are horrendously expensive and this kind of "we've got you by the short and curlies" pricing policy does absolutely nothing positive for the RC hobby.

Also if you want a longer lasting thrust race the Schumacher U1954 Pro Thrust Bearing is, again, exactly the same size (TBH it's also about the same price as the Durango part but is much better quality):

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...EVO/U1954.html

I use these with Acer Racing carbide diff balls and roughen up the plates with #400 wet and dry/GT85 (making sure to degrease them properly afterwards!) and my diff runs sweet as

Last edited by HOTSHOT III; 01-10-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2014
Mad Member

When I had my DEX210 I just bought the circlips from ebay as they are a standard size anyway. Never had a problem with the ones I bought.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 03-10-2014

I had a look at the shcumacher ball race and it does look a good quality one.
I have done away with my old race and just use 8 thrust balls now.
Old 24-10-2014

Sorry to drag this one back to the top, but if ye don't ask you'll never know lol! I bought some circlip pliers off eBay for internal ones, thinking they was all the same size, when they've turned they are too big to fit into the holes on the circlip, do any of you know the size I needing need to get or point me to right ones please thank you
Old 24-10-2014

Default Circlip

My bro bought a pair of cheap circlip pliers and spent 10 min filing them down so they fit his Durango circlip.... Then I pinched them off him ... Everyone's a winner

http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153192

Feedback ebay:
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...=szymanski2oo1

Linkedin:
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanszymanski