Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 03-10-2014

Default dex210 rear wheel clogging on grass track help!!!

Hello,

Our club runs an off road track on a Thursday evening, and due to the time of year the grass becomes dewy, and as a result im having issues with grass cuttings getting in the inside of the rear wheels and 'packing' between the inside of the rim and top of hub/camber link causing resistance on one of the driving wheels, and the effect on the performance is horrendous as you can imagine.

anybody got any tips for me??

Thanks

steve
Old 03-10-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Try getting hold of the alloy rear hubs as there is more clearance, or dremel the front of the hub off to make more clearance.
Old 03-10-2014

Another little trick you can try is making some little deflectors like these:

They help to keep most stuff out of the rear arms/shafts/wheels. I tend to use them only in the wet on astro, but on grass they'll be handy all year round....
Just need some flat lexan (off cut of a shell/wing) bent and cut to your size and some decent double sided tape.
Old 03-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Another little trick you can try is making some little deflectors like these:

They help to keep most stuff out of the rear arms/shafts/wheels. I tend to use them only in the wet on astro, but on grass they'll be handy all year round....
Just need some flat lexan (off cut of a shell/wing) bent and cut to your size and some decent double sided tape.
Hi Charlesk.

yeah ive already done that lol, pinched the idea from a guy up my club, cheers tho!

Ive also just filed about 1-1.5mm of the top of the hubs and theres alot more room now. So tight before its stupid!
Old 03-10-2014

Are your 210 hubs fitted the right way round? A batch of 210RTRs were supplied with the hubs fitted back-to-front.

The flange for the ball stud should be nearest the front of the car and the ball stud itself should be facing backwards, i.e mounted on the back of the flange
Old 03-10-2014
Mad Member

U could try something like this

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=371155695602
Old 03-10-2014

I had exactly the same problem when I ran on grass that had been cut recently. Rear wheels pretty much locked solid after 2 laps.

All Durangos had exactly the same issue, except one. The previous owner sanded/dremal'd the top of the hub, just the front lip. It gave enough clearance to work perfectly the whole night. The ball stud seemed sturdy enough too, you'd have to be careful not to shave too much off though.
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
Are your 210 hubs fitted the right way round? A batch of 210RTRs were supplied with the hubs fitted back-to-front.

The flange for the ball stud should be nearest the front of the car and the ball stud itself should be facing backwards, i.e mounted on the back of the flange
thanks hotshot, they are on the correct way, mines not an RTR anyway. Did get me thinking for a minute thou lol!
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
I had exactly the same problem when I ran on grass that had been cut recently. Rear wheels pretty much locked solid after 2 laps.

All Durangos had exactly the same issue, except one. The previous owner sanded/dremal'd the top of the hub, just the front lip. It gave enough clearance to work perfectly the whole night. The ball stud seemed sturdy enough too, you'd have to be careful not to shave too much off though.
Cheers DynaMight,

Yeah same here mate, theres only me and another lad running a dex210, everyone else ran a 22 or B2 with no agro at all!!

Was very frustrating as like you say, after literally two laps you start having issues!!

Anyway ive removed some material from the hubs and will find out thursday if it works!!
Old 04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
U could try something like this

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=371155695602

Thanks, hopefully it doesnt come to that now ive modded the hubs but only time will tell