Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > DMS Model Car Club - Watford

Old 09-03-2013

Default Hello from a New Member...

Hi guys, my name is Ian. i joined the club last Wednesday. my first time 2Wd buggy Racing. started to do TC racing at LRCC last year and continuing this year. Novice driver who due to being a Pro Basher has a few bad habbits. lol

After my first visit i have made alterations to my Losi 22. Have Blue springs on the front and Yellow on the rear. 45cwt oil in the shox. as advised.

cut and moded front rims to take narrow Low profile staggerd cut Schumacher Tyres on the front and Medium Mini Pins on the rear. i also fitted a geared diff.

So my first meeting was not as bad as i thought. My car was bad and had severe diff problem (broken) and poor tyre choice. so my driving was not as good as i know it can be.

looking forward to next time...
Old 09-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski68 View Post
Hi guys, my name is Ian. i joined the club last Wednesday. my first time 2Wd buggy Racing. started to do TC racing at LRCC last year and continuing this year. Novice driver who due to being a Pro Basher has a few bad habbits. lol

After my first visit i have made alterations to my Losi 22. Have Blue springs on the front and Yellow on the rear. 45cwt oil in the shox. as advised.

cut and moded front rims to take narrow Low profile staggerd cut Schumacher Tyres on the front and Medium Mini Pins on the rear. i also fitted a geared diff.

So my first meeting was not as bad as i thought. My car was bad and had severe diff problem (broken) and poor tyre choice. so my driving was not as good as i know it can be.

looking forward to next time...
Hi Ian

i think your were 2nd in your final, you have to be pleased with that. I have been racing for under a year at DMS good people and just ask anyone and they are more than happy to help. The best person to ask advice would be Freddie (Losi 22 blue/white/pink body) what he doesnt know isnt worth knowing !! Helped me when i had my 22.
Old 09-03-2013

Hi mate, i was pleased with second, but disapointed with the car....

i learnt a lot already and made changes to my car already as advised.

i did enjoy myself. will deffo be back
Old 10-03-2013

Nice one mate and welcome.

As Rob says, have a chat with Freddie or indeed John Renton who will be useful assisting you with do and donts on 22 set up. Any of the regulars will be glad to point them out as well as assist with their own set up gems!
Old 10-03-2013

Many thanks for the pointers. I got some good advice from several members on Thursday. Especially from a member who was wearing a TLR top and had a 22.

All that I need to do is set up my front camber and toe.
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski68 View Post
Many thanks for the pointers. I got some good advice from several members on Thursday. Especially from a member who was wearing a TLR top and had a 22.

All that I need to do is set up my front camber and toe.
Your best bet would be to ask this question in the CarTalk/TLR section in the forum. mention tyres/carpet ect.