Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 29-06-2013

Gary James Walker's current user names-

@ RC10TALK = GJW
@ RCTECH = ALEXISONFIRE
@ Oople = 93WORKS
@ Tamiyaclub = WALKER4011

On eBay, anyone's guess. Changes his name and accounts more times than I've had hot dinners. Closes down one account then opens another. When people come wanting their money back or time to pay fees, shut up shop and resurface again under a new guise.
Guy's a snake, plain and simple.

***always on the hunt for vintage KO ESC's***
Old 29-06-2013
Mad Member

Wow Jason!

I saw his collection on tamiyaclub and was suitably impressed. In fact I did ask him about nikko brat cvd but he didn't get back to me.

I remember an outburst of critisism directed towards him somewhere on this forum as 93works.

He did send me a pm once to offer me some yz10 wheels...though nothing came of it. He also criticised members of this forum claiming they knew s***.

Hmmm...I was about to bid on this car but I am surprised in the first place some one is willing for it to go. Moreover the description is very brief...
Old 29-06-2013

No pun intended but I wanted to ensure you guys that I am in no way 'Jealous' of this car which he is selling. I like Hirobo 4WD buggies but the thought of shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for one just doesn't fit with me.

I sincerely hope Gary is walking a straighter path now days but who knows for sure. Now, if I were selling a big ticket item such as this it would be very well represented with plenty of images in the auction and a very exact description of the condition and what is and isn't included in the listing.

I don't consider any of what he does to be my business any longer but I will always gladly warn my fellow friends of what they could be getting themselves in for. To simply stand by idly would not be the right thing to do.

As for Gary, I seriously hope he has learnt from his past and operates with a little more integrity now days.

Old 29-06-2013

Sounds to me like someone needs to kick his teeth in
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 29-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORMAC View Post
Now, if I were selling a big ticket item such as this it would be very well represented with plenty of images in the auction and a very exact description of the condition and what is and isn't included in the listing.
Unless you are not really interested on selling and parting from it...
Who knows maybe he needs the cash loan, post the listing, gets the money and uses it for a while without sending the goods and when the buyer is all but wornout of excuses he just returns the money....

Do you guys remember the thread I made about my NBU Turbo Optima Celebration? Do you guys remember the aluminum cnc wheels and W5031's &34's tires that I bought thru ebay to finish the project?
Well... Still waiting for them and I am starting to think that I got screwed
The seller said it was sent DHL's Yellow Packet, but without tracking number and the item was never marked as shipped. It has passed almost a month and nothing...
Old 29-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS_TRD View Post
Sounds to me like someone needs to kick his teeth in
Honestly I doubt it would change a thing with him.

I really value the small yet like minded community we are a part of. I'd never think to lie, cheat and steal from my friends. I've encountered very few issues in my time with vintage r/c and everyone is extremely trusting. It would seem Gary thought us an easy prey.

Old 29-06-2013

Makes me think; Does he even owns the Jealousy?
Think about it; No decent item description, no new fresh pictures(I've seen those pics before on the net) and an infamous reputation...
Old 29-06-2013
Mad Member

It's been in Garys TC showroom for a couple of years now.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...05425&id=16140 so it suggests he has had it. This doesn't mean he still has it, nor does it mean he has any intention of actually selling it. It also doesn't mean Gary is not intending on going through with the sale.
Old 30-06-2013

Last I saw it was around $1500....and then....vanished.

Lol!

Old 30-06-2013

Yes it reached $1739 US dollars and then suddenly ended.
I wonder if he was just testing the waters, looking how much could it pull.
Old 02-07-2013

Decided to pull the auction guys, had over 130 watchers and a few collectors are still contacting me. I got offered $4000.00 yep love testing the waters bormac your such a Tool, always living in the past I sincerly pity you. we all love laughing about you in Australia. No one likes you and you wonder why.

Some of you guys need to get a life. eBay still 100% year after year. I saw the light and appoligized many years ago. people do make mistakes in life
Old 02-07-2013

Bormac has wronged many people by opening his huge mouth month after month and is the biggest to faced using fag I've come across. you preach to be a saint but your far from it yourself and you know it. Lots of stories circulated about you and annoying ways in regards to the vintage scene in Australia, you never shut your mouth and think your a know it all lol. He'll you can't even drive lol. us boondal guys make fun of you all the time. your a poor little boy ballsack!!!
Old 02-07-2013

Gary you are a weasel and everyone the world over knows it. You're a cheat, a scammer and a fool if you think people are with you. Once you remove your tongue from the nether regions of those that you puppet I think you'll find that support will diminish. I don't fear you nor anyone that wants to back you. You're a snake, always have been and always will be.
As for me, well keep on dreaming mate. An evil mind congers up evil thoughts. How befitting.

I'm glad I got to work you out years ago.

My favourite pick of you Skellator. Good times man, good times.

Old 02-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

bloody hell, vintage section is getting sporty, best find up some 1980s boxing gloves for when these two meet up

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 02-07-2013
Mad Member

If I'm not mistaken there looks to be a dirt track in the back ground of that pic...looks great. Sure wish we had more of those (and good weather).
Old 02-07-2013

The moderator should keep an eye on this thread, in case it needs to pull the plug.
Old 02-07-2013

And i had my thread pulled after 8 hrs on here because i slated someone. Oh well, been a good read though. Lol
Old 02-07-2013

you used to ring me everyday bormac and say walker ya wild stallion, it became so repetitious that I felt sorry for you and thought doesn't this guy have anything better to do then ring me. nothing much has changed for you it seams your still acting like a 12yr old. your wife is ill and you should be helping her instead of living in the past. Get a life!!! I've been sailing on the P&O with my lady and friends loving life champ. I couldn't care less what ya's think, I do what's correct these days and everyone got covered by PayPal and I payed back my debts. I love the hobby and ill always do it, no matter what nerds say.

You think your some kind of super hero fighting crime for the Rc community lol, trust me no one would buy your action fiqure!!!!!

Can fully recommend a cruise to anyone who doesn't spend every waking minute on Rc car forums. Rofl!!!

Old 02-07-2013

Methinks this thread may have remained alive simply due to Mr aka's well established reputation, under his many guises on many forums.

Although the non-indigenous population of Australia started it's humble beginnings as a convict settlement, prospective eBay buyers from outside Australia shouldn't presume that we're all criminals. It's probably best, if you're not sure to ask the seller outright if they are Mr alias. If so, steer clear regardless. If not, just use PayPal and opt for tracked/insured postage and you're well protected.

From memory, brocstar_87 and vintagecoastal2011 are 2 accounts to be wary of. Seemingly they are used in tandem to buy bargains on one account and quickly offload on the other at hugely inflated prices, amongst other practices. I've been scammed on the odd occasion, but luckily never by this creep.
Old 03-07-2013
Mad Member

I usually don't react when threads start to go South like this but......I'd like to think I have made many like-minded friends on oOple, rc10talk and various other great sites since my R/C addiction switched to collecting, building, restoring and racing the old models and I must say that Jason (Bormac) is way up there on that list, always helpful, always commending me if I do a nice build and always a good resource when I need some knowledge gap plugged, so Jason even though we've never actually met, don't even respond when anyone puts you down. We all know who the gooduns are.

Hope to see you at Castle Hill for some vintage when I'm across in Sydney.

Dan