Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 14-01-2013

Default Reversed wing mounts

I had a bit of a play with these yesterday. I had reversed them and tweaked them with heat to correct the angle, although hadn't got as much angle as the original position.

It's quite a dramatic difference, hard to say how much is moving the aero forwards and how much is simply reducing the effectiveness of the wing (it was at less angle).

Car felt quicker because it felt more aggressive and didn't under steer so much in the quicker corners. However times were clearly quicker with the wing in the normal position at this track (small grippy indoors with a few medium/fast corners).

I don't think it was just because it was easier to drive in the normal position, in fact it was possibly harder to drive with the under steer, but keeping inside the understeer with the normal wing seemed faster than the more aggressive forward wing.

Just waiting for the Penguin cab forward to be painted to try.
Old 14-01-2013

I found the car to be better with the wing as per the kit as well Ian . I found the car wanted to under steer more with the wing mounts round the other way . Think for our club meetings ill keep it as is from now on unless i change the battery lay out .