Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 28-09-2013
Mad Member

Default Any xfactory drivers at the worlds?

Was interested to see how the cubed performed. Anyone know if there were any racing?

Thanks.
Old 28-09-2013
Mad Member

I'm curious about this too as I haven't seen any pictures of the Cubed at the Worlds, and the full results list won't load.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 28-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Sadly neither Paul Sinclair (US) or Rich Lowe (UK/Europe) were able to attend, Paul was too busy at work with the ongoing batches of the new Cubed kits along with other work commitments and Rich was unable to attend from over here due to personal reasons, speaking to both they are really dissappointed that they could not make it this year...

They were the only two "factory" drivers who were intending going from X-Factory, whether or not any of the other US team drivers qualified or not and went along, I do not know, but with the US only getting 40 places (I think) I dont think XF had any of their team drivers in amongst those places.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

I can't speak for anyplace else, but the way the U.S. system works is: at the R.O.A.R. Nationals the year before, the top 40 drivers (A - D mains) go to the worlds. So the 2012 Nats set the U.S. team for this year's worlds.

That race was held at West Coast R/C (just recently closed) and you had to know the track well to do well. Paul had never been there before, and finally got his cars sorted for the mains, by which time it was too late. In buggy, the top 21 drivers were all from southern Cali or were well familiar with West Coast. Many people are unhappy that the Nats have been held two consecutive years in California.

It's been kind of a bummer knowing for a year that we couldn't go to the worlds here in the U.S. Paul was the highest-finishing Team driver. If I remember correctly, he was in the E.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 29-09-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
I can't speak for anyplace else, but the way the U.S. system works is: at the R.O.A.R. Nationals the year before, the top 40 drivers (A - D mains) go to the worlds. So the 2012 Nats set the U.S. team for this year's worlds.

That race was held at West Coast R/C (just recently closed) and you had to know the track well to do well. Paul had never been there before, and finally got his cars sorted for the mains, by which time it was too late. In buggy, the top 21 drivers were all from southern Cali or were well familiar with West Coast. Many people are unhappy that the Nats have been held two consecutive years in California.

It's been kind of a bummer knowing for a year that we couldn't go to the worlds here in the U.S. Paul was the highest-finishing Team driver. If I remember correctly, he was in the E.
Thanks Chazz thats a real shame. I think the cubed would of liked the high bite track too.
Here in the UK the nats are held over several month and at various locations. Makes it a bit more fair I think.